BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#86631 - 04/04/09 06:21 PM Re: better quality video [Re: johnny2times]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Your elbow is still locking out in front of you, your arm shouldn't be straight until it is almost straight down at your side. Imagine there is a wall about 18" in front of you, you don't want to crash the ball through the wall, instead think of it as the ball goes to the wall and falls down the face of it without touching it.

To start the ball is in close to your body, as your left foot moves forward, the ball and elbow move together forward but not past the foot, then the right hand drops the ball into the swing, the ball falls into the swing the elbow straightens when the ball gets to where it is in line with it.

Work on this and see if your timing doesn't improve, as it is now it is a touch late, but I do see improvement, so keep up the good work.

Edited by CoachJim (04/04/09 06:21 PM)

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#86638 - 04/04/09 07:18 PM Re: better quality video [Re: CoachJim]
johnny2times Offline
Junior Coach

A/S/L: 49/m/pa
at the last second it seems like i pull my head or to the right. what causes that

#87354 - 04/10/09 06:41 AM Re: better quality video [Re: johnny2times]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
I didn't notice you pulling your head to the right, at least not on every shot.

Pulling the head to the right is usually a sign of trying to throw the ball hard or put a little extra on it. When you try to put a little extra on it, the brain says "Give it all you've got!" and over does it. If you follow through after giving it all you've got then you will bust yourself in the chin with your arm, so your subconscious says "HEY turn your head, or you are going to hit your chin with your follow through!"

To stop doing this, not that you are, but many readers here might be having a similar problem, stop trying to hook the snot out of the ball and just let the ball swing with your hand in a strong position. If you can do this, the ball will hook more than when you are trying to hook it or put that extra on it that causes you to have to duck to get out of the way.

#88266 - 04/16/09 04:57 PM Re: better quality video [Re: johnny2times]
mikeyyy44805 Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: Ohio/m/US
Wow man you look very good! I bet your almost pro! haha

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
After 8onths my centre has finally reopened
by looseleftie - 05:10 PM
No Post Available
by djp1080 - 01:37 PM
This is a damned shame
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:42 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.