BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#87783 - 04/13/09 05:03 PM womens college championships
spr3wr Offline
USBC Bronze Level Coach

A/S/L: 54/m/MICHIGAN
Was it just my point of view or did most of the girls had late timing?
High series 810
Current ave. 213

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#87801 - 04/13/09 07:42 PM Re: womens college championships [Re: spr3wr]
evilash71 Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 40/M/ TX
I don't know but I do know this. Hi Fiving after EVERY SINGLE frame was annoying as all hell. I mean come one. Maybe at the end of your turn but every single throw, no matter how bad? They need to figure out way to get all those teammates back away from the bowler too. Other than that, it was fun to watch but man that annoyed me.
#14 MUTANT CELL PEARL
#14 ROTO DARK STAR
#14 ROTO RISING STAR
#14 ROTO OUTLAW
#14 ROTO GRENADE
#14 T ZONE SPAREBALL
#14 Storm Frantic

#87813 - 04/13/09 09:27 PM Re: womens college championships [Re: evilash71]
Justinmill14 Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 18/male/Tennessee
Spr3wr, I agree with you, and did you notice how many of their shots were going brooklyn?? They may have been bowling on a really hard shot but to me they didn't look that great.

Evilash, about the hi fives, they always do that in college and sometimes in high school. Bowling in college isn't like what you see on TV, these people get loud and make a lot of noise. I guess just to get them pumped up and keep them from getting down on their selves.
Cell Pearl
Furious
Reign
Natural
Hammer Onyx Vibe
Columbia 300 Outburst

#87819 - 04/13/09 10:34 PM Re: womens college championships [Re: evilash71]
Mattdean76 Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 34/M/NY
Originally Posted By: evilash71
I don't know but I do know this. Hi Fiving after EVERY SINGLE frame was annoying as all hell. I mean come one. Maybe at the end of your turn but every single throw, no matter how bad? They need to figure out way to get all those teammates back away from the bowler too. Other than that, it was fun to watch but man that annoyed me.

seriously, that was pathetic. I hated how they would all go high fiving for everything. Strike, fine, that's cool, after a spare, reasonable enough. After leaving a split or missing a spare, I see no reason for a high five. That really drove me nuts! It was nice to watch it though, I haven't seen college bowling in a long time, but there were a couple of girls there that had some really nice shots.

15# Brunswick Power Groove Dry R
15# Global 900 Creature S40
14# Faball Purple Hammer (spare ball)
15# Rotogrip Mars Pearl

#87824 - 04/13/09 11:03 PM Re: womens college championships [Re: Mattdean76]
evilash71 Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 40/M/ TX
Yeah Matt,
i mean i see trying to pick up spirits and all but it would be like, OPEN FRAME, YEAH! HI FIVE! It was annoying to me. I realize they do that in college but still annoying. I mean i just went massively brooklyn, and left four pins or so. I dont want the hi five. Let me concentrate! Just a little pet peeve i had watching.
I thought there were about three girls with a good shot but nothing like when Stefanie Nation was there. I really saw a difference.
#14 MUTANT CELL PEARL
#14 ROTO DARK STAR
#14 ROTO RISING STAR
#14 ROTO OUTLAW
#14 ROTO GRENADE
#14 T ZONE SPAREBALL
#14 Storm Frantic

#87837 - 04/14/09 01:00 AM Re: womens college championships [Re: evilash71]
Mattdean76 Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 34/M/NY
and stef had trouble in the womens event this week with the Johnny P scoring system, that would seem weird to me, but I do understand it.

15# Brunswick Power Groove Dry R
15# Global 900 Creature S40
14# Faball Purple Hammer (spare ball)
15# Rotogrip Mars Pearl

#87844 - 04/14/09 03:11 AM Re: womens college championships [Re: Mattdean76]
4StepShaun Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 34/M/Rochester, NY
They were certainly bowling on a difficult shot.. and under TV lights to boot. As far as high-fiving and whatnot... I bowled college as well and that certainly goes on all the time and I can CERTAINLY expect it to be more so in the NCAA finals.

By the way, were/will the mens final be televised?

#87878 - 04/14/09 09:24 AM Re: womens college championships [Re: 4StepShaun]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
Originally Posted By: 4StepShaun
They were certainly bowling on a difficult shot.. and under TV lights to boot. As far as high-fiving and whatnot... I bowled college as well and that certainly goes on all the time and I can CERTAINLY expect it to be more so in the NCAA finals.

Ditto for me. The guys do it some. A lot of fist bumping now rather than high 5s. The women teams were always a lot more animated. They would also have their own cheers and stuff. The tables in the back always had stuffed animals, dolls, or other forms of good luck charms too. All I got to say, if it works for you, do it.

#87892 - 04/14/09 10:21 AM Re: womens college championships [Re: General Pounder]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
I think its just girls sports in general that go on with the praise and commrodery (however you spell that). My wife coaches Volleyball and I swear those girls have a different cheer for every possible way to score a point.

- Get an ace
- other team serves in the net
- Get a kill
- get a block
- other team doesn't return the ball

Its insane but I guess it works so keep it up.
VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#87901 - 04/14/09 11:43 AM Re: womens college championships [Re: sk8shorty01]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
I coached girls high school bowling, and thats pretty much on par as to how they act. The girls just really got into it...rather have it that way instead of sitting there like a bump on a log.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
After 8onths my centre has finally reopened
by looseleftie - 11/28/20 05:10 PM
No Post Available
by djp1080 - 11/28/20 01:37 PM
This is a damned shame
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:42 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.