BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#8726 - 08/14/01 01:36 AM Re: PWBA touring players vote to sidestep 2001 BPAA U.S. Open
Bob Rutkowski Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: San Diego
Boy there is a lot of opinons about the PWBA here. So heres mine the woman can go to **** for all I care. Woman are never equal in any sport and that includes Bowling. Lets see Tennis men play 5 sets woman 3; golf woman hit form much shorter tees then the men; basketbaall men play 48 minutes woman 40; bowling is what a 56 game tournanment for men woman 42. So show me where the equality is. There is none. Let the woman go out and find someone to bank roll their side of the US Open like the men did and then they be happy.But I guess no one want to put up the money Because no cares about womans bowling. I see that the woman have been using the sport shot in their events but scores havent changed that much. Must be a different type of sport shot for the woman then the men. Also if the open is ABC sanctioned can't the woman bowl on the mens side. Oh they wouldnt want to do that becaused they proably get their *** kicked by not just the Male Pros but also the Male Amatures.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#8727 - 08/14/01 05:50 PM Re: PWBA touring players vote to sidestep 2001 BPAA U.S. Open
George Freeman Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: Florida
Ok, I'm just going to ignore that last post, cause there wasn't anything there to comment on.

As far as the BPAA losing the TV rights to the US Open, let's be realistic. The BPAA didn't "lose" anything. They sold the TV rights, right along with the rest of the tournament. They were compensated very nicely for this, so to say they lost anything is a poor choice of words at best.

In the end, it's the women that lost.

#8728 - 08/14/01 10:52 PM Re: PWBA touring players vote to sidestep 2001 BPAA U.S. Open
bowlergirl300 Offline
Bumper Bowler

Mr Bob,

I would just like to inform you of a few facts that you may have overlooked!!!

Fact: The PWBA has been bowling on the patterns that the PBA will be bowling on in the fall. The only PBA bowlers that have been bowling on the sport patterns are the PBA Southern region.
Fact: The current PWBA format is 42 games, so is the past PBA format(they will start a new elimination format this fall, which they could potentially bowl less than 32 games to get to the TV finals). So where is your quality issue justified?!?! confused

I am curious if you know what a "SPORT" condition is. I am sure that you are missinformed. If you think that there are different patterns for men and women, you are clearly mistaken. Please quote the exact definition of a Sport pattern, if you can. If you don't know, you can find out at bowl.com
I am curious to know...Will you be bowling the US Open? I will be there and I for one would love to watch you flail on the "SPORT" pattern. I will be looking for you name starting at the bottom of the sheet!!! laugh

See you there!! :rolleyes:

#8729 - 08/15/01 01:30 AM Re: PWBA touring players vote to sidestep 2001 BPAA U.S. Open
Bob Rutkowski Offline
Bumper Bowler

It's not about weather or not I can bowl on the sport pattern, I can and have, its a matter of woman wanting a free ride again. the PBA has put up the additional funds for their side of the Open .I'm just saying let the woman find their own sugar daddy and not sponge off the men. Let's face it woman are not equal at all things. Ratings are what drives money flowing into a event weather it be bowling or the superbowl. And womans bowling really doesn't attract enough viewers to attract a sponsor. Isn't that why Sams town got out of the pwba because they weren't geting a sufficent return on their investment. I bet there are alot of ametures who really hope the woman go through with this for it will really make for a exciting open.

#8730 - 08/15/01 11:20 PM Re: PWBA touring players vote to sidestep 2001 BPAA U.S. Open
Iron Chef Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 28/m/Kitchen Stadium
It seems to me that the BPAA or PBA should assist the PWBA find air time and help fund it BECAUSE they decided to leave them out without giving the women enough notice.

Shame on them!

#8731 - 08/16/01 01:01 PM Re: PWBA touring players vote to sidestep 2001 BPAA U.S. Open
mbelanger Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: Round Rock, TX
Quote:
quote:

careful there bowlergirl...some people get confused when presented with facts smile

What too many people that responded negatively in different forums have overlooked is that there is more at stake than just the prizefund. Those that are not willing to look beyond the front page dollar sign aren't ever going to get it. Many of those are also likely the ones that start whining when a competent woman bowler wants to join a predominantly mens scratch league...

I'm still waiting for the response from ESPN about where the 'contiguous' 90-minutes availability came from since I have also been told that the men requested additional time and were told it was not available.

Oh...and I'm curious Bob...just how did you fare on the sport condition, and which of the myriad patterns that satisfy the requirements did you bowl on?

#8732 - 08/16/01 07:13 PM Re: PWBA touring players vote to sidestep 2001 BPAA U.S. Open
Bob Rutkowski Offline
Bumper Bowler

I do bowl in a league that was all male till few years ago when we let woman bowl with us, in fact she bowls on my team. i have no problem with woman bowling I have a problem with woman wanting equality when equality dosent exist on te same level for all. I have bowled on all 3 sport conditions and agv very well.

#8733 - 08/17/01 04:30 PM Re: PWBA touring players vote to sidestep 2001 BPAA U.S. Open
George Freeman Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: Florida
Quote:
quote:

Well, 1st of all, there are more than just 3 sport patterns, many more.

2nd of all, "very well", is very vague. But of course, since there is no way of checking up on it, there really isnt a point to it is there?

#8734 - 08/17/01 07:24 PM Re: PWBA touring players vote to sidestep 2001 BPAA U.S. Open
Community Manager Offline

A/S/L: BowlingCommuntiy.com
This thread is for the discussion of the PWBA Touring Players Voting To Sidestep 2001 BPAA U.S. Open. wink

If you would like to continue the discussion on Sport Bowling please see the thread, Bowling's Savior or Foe? in the Leagues, Sport Bowling, & US Bowling Assoc. Forum. smile

Any further off topic posts in this thread will be removed. Please read our Community Standards regarding message board participation and for more information on what is appropriate in our community.

We anticipate your understanding and look forward to your future participation in our community discussions! laugh

Community Standards - The Community's Rules and Policies.

#8735 - 08/22/01 02:40 PM Re: PWBA touring players vote to sidestep 2001 BPAA U.S. Open
BowlingFanscom Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: n/a
The PWBA and BPAA have reached a tentative agreement.

Read the complete story at: http://www.bowlingfans.com/news/news08222001.shtml

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
2019 Summer Leagues
by Dennis Michael - 05/17/19 09:17 PM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Dennis Michael - 05/13/19 02:12 AM
2019 USBC Open Championship's Las Vegas
by dalion - 04/29/19 11:19 AM
Help with spare shooting
by Dennis Michael - 04/22/19 07:27 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.