BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#86198 - 04/01/09 12:42 PM Best place to get Storm balls in Nor. California?
Cord Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 32/M/Sacramento
Hi guys,

I'm coming back to bowling after a long time off, and I like the stuff I've read about the Storm balls, but I want to make sure that I get one set up just right. I'm in Northern California, around Sacramento, but I'd be willing to go anywhere in the north state to get the best/most experienced Pro Shop guys. Does anyone have any recommendations about places in Northern California to get Storm balls, or just to get Storm balls drilled? Any GREAT pro shops with Storm experience? Or just any fantastic pro shops in the Sacramento area that have worked out well for Storm ball users?
Thanks for your help, guys! Great forum.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#86200 - 04/01/09 12:47 PM Re: Best place to get Storm balls in Nor. California? [Re: Cord]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Sorry no help on the location but I do have a quick question...

Any reason why you decided on Storm? Have you used them in the past?

Just curious, I throw a lot of Storm stuff as well.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#86208 - 04/01/09 01:34 PM Re: Best place to get Storm balls in Nor. California? [Re: sk8shorty01]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
Fireside Lanes on Auburn Blvd in Citrus Heights

We have over 50 reactive resin balls to choose from including Storm and Roto. We can get any current production ball, sometimes within the day.

Also my driller has 20 years experience fitting and drilling balls. We are also both Bronze Level USBC coaches.

Erin
Fireside Pro Shop

Edited by Atochabsh (04/01/09 01:39 PM)

#86209 - 04/01/09 01:41 PM Re: Best place to get Storm balls in Nor. California? [Re: Atochabsh]
RLD Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: Pinoy-Guamie on the Bay
Originally Posted By: Atochabsh
Fireside Lanes on Auburn Blvd in Citrus Heights

We can get any current production ball, sometimes within the day.

Also my driller has 20 years experience fitting and drilling balls. We are also both Bronze Level USBC coaches.

Erin
Fireside Pro Shop
+1 for Erin and Fireside! Yeayeaeee! thumbsup Now if I can only find time to make the 2 hour trek to Sac-Town.

#86212 - 04/01/09 01:56 PM Re: Best place to get Storm balls in Nor. Californ [Re: Cord]
Cord Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 32/M/Sacramento
Fantastic! Thank you, Erin! I'll head up to Fireside as soon as I can afford to pick up a couple of balls.

As to why I'm going with Storm, the reviews of Storm balls have been the most consistently positive of the reviews I've read. I'll probably be going with a Hy-Road and an Ice Storm for a spare ball. The Hy-Road seems to be the ball closest to my old ball; mild action until the back end, then moderate action in the back end (I'm a stroker).

Thanks for your time, guys!

#86213 - 04/01/09 02:02 PM Re: Best place to get Storm balls in Nor. Californ [Re: Cord]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
The Hy Road has been a popular ball. Not quite as popular as the Cell Pearl or Widow Pearl, but popular.

Plus if I'm there, Mon, Wed, sometimes Fri afternoons, I can point you in a good direction for a league in the association since I work in the local office. Our association has 208 leagues (13 centers) of varying types for all skill levels.

Edited by Atochabsh (04/01/09 02:05 PM)

#86218 - 04/01/09 03:05 PM Re: Best place to get Storm balls in Nor. Californ [Re: Atochabsh]
Chubbs Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 30/M/Niceville, FL
Let Erin point you in the right direction, but you're on the right track looking at the HyRoad. It may not have quite the WOW factor at the backend of the Cell Pearl or Widow Pearl, but it is a ball that rolls very consistently from shot to shot with plenty of carry power.

Quintana...that creep can roll, man. -Dude

Wow, that ball hit like it was plastic. -Jeff Carter

#86221 - 04/01/09 03:30 PM Re: Best place to get Storm balls in Nor. Californ [Re: Chubbs]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
Originally Posted By: Chubbs
It may not have quite the WOW factor at the backend of the Cell Pearl or Widow Pearl...

I beg to differ. The Hy-Road does have a wow factor on the back-end. When I asked Schlem for a ball with a big back-end, the Cell Pearl was out and he didn't even mention it. I can say that the ball snaps harder than anything I have had.

#86225 - 04/01/09 03:40 PM Re: Best place to get Storm balls in Nor. Californ [Re: General Pounder]
Chubbs Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 30/M/Niceville, FL
You're right GP, it's certainly no slouch. Maybe it's the drilling and surface I have on mine, but my HyRoad is just a little sooner and more gradual in it's change of direction than my Cell Pearl is. It has that carry everything look at the pocket, it just gets there in a more controllable fashion.

Quintana...that creep can roll, man. -Dude

Wow, that ball hit like it was plastic. -Jeff Carter

#86265 - 04/01/09 09:28 PM Re: Best place to get Storm balls in Nor. Californ [Re: Chubbs]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
I get to find out very soon just how much the Hy-Road will snap, at least for me. I just got mine punched up today. If I'm off work early tomorrow like I was today I'll definitely be heading off to the lanes.
HS:763

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 07/16/18 09:27 PM
Help with grip/ Thumb Position
by 82Boat69 - 07/15/18 08:11 PM
End of Days
by Dennis Michael - 07/15/18 07:34 PM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by Richie V. - 07/10/18 12:19 PM
what will become of AMF
by Dennis Michael - 07/09/18 07:13 AM
I'll try again
by Dennis Michael - 07/06/18 12:32 PM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by 6_ball_man - 07/06/18 08:44 AM
Bowling ball colors
by BOSStull - 07/04/18 10:28 AM
Tiered Tape...
by BOSStull - 06/30/18 11:33 AM
no one on for 5 days
by steveA - 06/22/18 04:31 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.