BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#85919 - 03/30/09 04:57 PM little irritations in league
chipmunk bowl Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 14/M/UK
I would like to know what irritates people in league whether it be someone smirking and giggling if you open or someone spending minutes on the approach and gutterball and do the same on the second shot.

some little things that annoy me are things like:
-as a youth bowler people do throw it strait with plastic on first and second and the people that throw plastic taking alot of time in warm ups when people who do hook the ball are losing time they need to line up
-i have a high backswing and the coaches hate it they come up behind me in warm ups and put their hand behind me so if my swing goes too high i hit their hand and that wastes my warm up time

those are things that annoy me what annoys you in leagues or maybe even tournaments?

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#85922 - 03/30/09 05:05 PM Re: little irritations in league [Re: chipmunk bowl]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
There is a guy in my league who is really loud. He yells at his teammates ball all of the time to get up. You will be in the middle of your approach and you will here "GET UP!" We started to call him the Mr. [censored].

#85924 - 03/30/09 05:31 PM Re: little irritations in league [Re: General Pounder]
Mattdean76 Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 34/M/NY
since I could go on forever in this topic, Ill take my biggest gripes.

-people who take forever on the approach only to deliver a poor ball. I'm talking 10 seconds plus.
-People who get on the approach and are talking to the person next to them instead of bowling (I have a teammate who [censored] me off that does this, more about her later)
-people who aren't at the lane when its their turn. Everyone has to go to the bathroom, that's fine, but its the person who goes outside to smoke or yack on their cellphone will everyone waits for them. Bowling is 3 hours, not your personal office, unless it's an emergency or it's something with your kids thats important, put it away.
-In bad weather, people who walk down near the approach with their soaking wet shoes and jacket and dump it down.
-People who complain they it was a perfect ball, when it wasn't (IE Straight balls are not usually perfect)
-People who [censored] when a low average bowler has a good game if it means losing their match point.
-Teammates who leave before the match is over (IE pack it up after their turn and are gone before you finish)
-People who always blame something for a bad shot (shoes, it slipped, man up and say you screwed up)

Note: this post is subject to many many edits as I think of more.
-

Edited by Mattdean76 (03/30/09 05:32 PM)

15# Brunswick Power Groove Dry R
15# Global 900 Creature S40
14# Faball Purple Hammer (spare ball)
15# Rotogrip Mars Pearl

#85928 - 03/30/09 06:24 PM Re: little irritations in league [Re: Mattdean76]
IanTyler Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 27 m illinois
i liked everyones complaint but i have to stick with the loud guy
oh he [censored] me off.
Ihave a guy in a differnt league but still right next to me and every damn time at the top of his lungs its "HAM BONE THAN YATZEE"
dont get me wrong i hit a 6 pack the other day my first and i got a little loud. The differnce is he averages like a 210 -220
so at least 3-4 times a night i have to hear it.

my teammate made my whole league laugh well at least the 3 lanes next to us
hye bowled a gutterball and yelled hambone as loud as he could. everyone knew what he was doing and hoped the point got across to sir ham bone

246 High Game in league
600 High series in league
130 league average gained 18 pins in my first season

#85954 - 03/30/09 09:27 PM Re: little irritations in league [Re: IanTyler]
Lefont Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 35/M/Atlanta
We bowled most of the season on my Tuesday Night League next to a team with two girls that stay in the approach waiting on their ball to come back so they can rush and bowl again. It drives me crazy.

MoRich Awesome Hook - 14#
MoRich Total Shock & Awe - 14#
Brunswick Ultra Zone - 14#
MoRich Sahara - 14#

#85974 - 03/31/09 12:31 AM Re: little irritations in league [Re: Lefont]
pavlam05 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: Green Bay, WI
There are a ton of them in this thread from a few weeks back.

http://www.bowlingcommunity.com/b/ubbthreads.php/topics/83636/1.html

I'll add one of my own though, and it's similar to "loud" guy. We have a guy in our league that will occasionally yell at his teammates balls as they head down the lane. His whole team was being completely obnoxious a few weeks back, yelling and screaming the whole night!!!

BUT, what really annoys me about this guy is that he thinks he's Pete Weber. He will be bowling like #[email protected]# (he's a 170-180 avg), and then throws a strike, followed by spinning around and doing a crotch chop. I occasionally do a "mini-chop" to a guy on my team, just to get a laugh out of him. We've got all kinds of inside jokes aimed at him.

One of my other peeves was already mentioned. We have one guy in our league that, if we see him getting ready, we will grab our ball and go quick so we don't have to wait for him. He grabs his ball, takes about 5 seconds to cram his fingers and thumb in the ball juuuuuuuuuust right. Then, he drops his arm straight down at his side and lets it hang there for about 5 seconds. Then he takes his left hand and puts it over the front side of the elbow on his throwing arm, and stands there for another 2-3 seconds. Then his approch is slow as @#@#, as he takes about a 12 inch back swing, and throws the ball about 9 mph down the lane. He's lucky to hit the pocket more than 50% of the time, and when he does, his ball just deflects off the pins because he throws it so slow.

Then on the other side, you have the guys my age and younger, in their first year in a league, who grab their house ball and race up to the line when you are in the middle of lining up to go. Bunch of idiots.

Lifetime High:
Game: 300
Series: 762

In the Bag: 15#
Storm Frantic
Brunswick Smokin' Inferno

#86134 - 03/31/09 08:30 PM Re: little irritations in league [Re: pavlam05]
Sevens Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 24/m/mn
People who refer to their bowling balls as an "arsenal".

People who have like 10 balls, buy the newest ball every month, and suck ass at bowling.

People who have a ridiculously long follow through. Meaning after they throw the ball, their arm continues to swing back and forth, and back and forth, and back and forth, and back and forth.

Anyone that says "Hambone"

The loud, obnoxious, somewhat drunk, middle aged woman that laughs so loud it hurts.

The guy who doesn't think its funny when you throw your rosin bag at his black shirt.

#86136 - 03/31/09 09:03 PM Re: little irritations in league [Re: Sevens]
Shale Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 27/M/WI
Come on :P you chuck them at the pins and make them explode, and snipe single pins with your spare, of course they are your arsenal!

I would find it humorous if someone rolled in 4 roller bags with 10-20 balls every league game though :P especially on a THS?

And you pick on someone working on their follow through! Jeesh, you are a stickler.
Emmy Vibe(256)
Hot Sauce Pearl(254)
Viz-A-Ball white
IYC League:
Avg:185
HG: 245
Series: 610
Storm League
Avg: 181
HG: 224
Series: 595

#86138 - 03/31/09 09:44 PM Re: little irritations in league [Re: Shale]
Justinmill14 Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 18/male/Tennessee
I bowl in a junior league and something that really makes me mad is some of the kids that bowl in it, when it is their turn, half the time they are no where to be found so things sometimes go at a very slow pace. Also, most of the younger kids will run down the approach, roll the ball, and turn around and walk away and not even watch what happens, its like they don't even care! And all I think is, why do their parents waist their money for that?!
Cell Pearl
Furious
Reign
Natural
Hammer Onyx Vibe
Columbia 300 Outburst

#86149 - 03/31/09 11:37 PM Re: little irritations in league [Re: Justinmill14]
4StepShaun Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 34/M/Rochester, NY
There is a very long pet peeve thread already
http://www.bowlingcommunity.com/b/ubbthreads.php/topics/83636/1.html

Edit: whoops, somebody already posted it above. That makes this a redundant post in a redundant thread.

PS/ it's not just kids who are known to throw a ball and then walk away not caring to watch what happens. Women open bowling do it quite frequently.. obviously not wanting to be there.

Edited by 4StepShaun (03/31/09 11:40 PM)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Quitting my League
by Mkirchie - 08/09/20 03:49 PM
This is a damned shame
by Mkirchie - 08/08/20 04:33 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by Mkirchie - 07/18/20 08:37 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.