BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#85768 - 03/29/09 11:41 AM Re: Plugging balls and redrilling, affect performance? [Re: Atochabsh]
Pattayabowler Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 54/M/USA/THAILAND
Originally Posted By: Atochabsh

As for your ball, if it was a SureStrike then the filler was not fully cured. If its another ball, then the coverstock is not fully cured. This could be caused by a bad mix of the compound. We have never run into that here. But I do know that Lanemasters "rush" to fill the overseas orders. But their quality control is pretty high. So Its really unknown what the problem is.

Erin

Erin, actually it was my Conquerer instead of my Sure Strike that had the problem. The Conquerer supposedly has a tri-density cover, however the filler, from what I have been able to gather, is supposed to be of a very high density, even higher than the outer coverstock material. Only my Lane Masters Black Pearl has the coverstock material through to the core with no filler material.

If the filler had not fully cured, would it remain in this state or would it eventually cure over time? Also, should this failure to initially cure have a detrimental effect on ball performance? Could it possibly not fully bond and hold the weight block in place?

It's probably too late to contact Lane Masters concerning the problem since I bought the ball February 2008 and even if they concluded that there was a problem with the ball and accepted fault, it would most likely result in a logistical nightmare trying ot get it replaced.

Thanks,

Pattayabowler

Edited by Pattayabowler (03/29/09 11:44 AM)
Hammer - Black Widow Pearl - Medium
Hammer - Emerald Vibe - Dry to Light
Ebonite - Maxim - Spare

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 10:42 AM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Mkirchie - 10/21/18 07:57 AM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.