BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#85002 - 03/22/09 10:08 PM My first post and first video.
Dbowler1 Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 42/m/ca
Trying this out for the first time. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance

Be gentle

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#85005 - 03/22/09 10:42 PM Re: My first post and first video. [Re: Dbowler1]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Welcome to the site.

All in all you don't look too bad, you have good timing and foot work, your swing is in line with your head.

The biggest thing I see is that you try to hook the ball entirely too much. You take all of these good things you are doing and then throw them out like garbage when it gets to the release.

You have the opportunity to be great, all you need to do is stop wrenching on the ball and just let it roll off your hand. You have your hand in a great position and then you jerk it through the release and launch the ball down the lane like a shot put. Be nice to the ball and it will be nice to you. Many pros have had their careers cut short because of releases like yours, and all they had to do is nothing. It is easier said than done.

I have always said the hardest thing to do in bowling is nothing. You get to the release point in great position to unleash a pro caliber type of release, then your brain says "If I just let the ball roll off my hand, it will not hook, so I had better do something". This is where "Trust" comes into play.

The old adage, "Trust is a must or your game is a bust", is talking about trusting that you doing the right things, your ball will hook back to the pocket and carry strikes.

You need to use Ron Clifton's Mobile Optical Positioner or MOP handle. First get permission from the manager of the bowling center, then get two chairs and place them over the gutter caps on each side of the lane about 18" past the foul line and place a mop handle, or broom stick across the chairs. Your goal is to release the ball under the bar and extend your fingers out through your target.

Edited by CoachJim (03/22/09 10:45 PM)

#85046 - 03/23/09 10:40 AM Re: My first post and first video. [Re: CoachJim]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
You look pretty solid all the way through, but I agree with CoachJim with the release being your weakest link as of right now. You look pretty much muscle free all the way until about 1/2 through the downswing (coming to release) and then you start to accelerate (not a problem) and then rip through the ball (problem). This ripping through the ball is also causing you to pop up at the line rather than staying down and transfering your momentum into the bowling ball. Try to relax and stay down at the line, the ball will come back!
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#85064 - 03/23/09 01:06 PM Re: My first post and first video. [Re: sk8shorty01]
Justinmill14 Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 18/male/Tennessee
First of all welcome to the site, the only thing that I really noticed is your feet. Your steps and timing are fine, but try slowing down your feet just a little bit. When I slow down my feet I notice that I have a lot more consistency with where I throw my ball.
Cell Pearl
Furious
Reign
Natural
Hammer Onyx Vibe
Columbia 300 Outburst

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Plastic or Urethane?
by LindaDelcamp - 11/12/19 03:19 PM
Good morning everyone...
by Mkirchie - 11/10/19 09:52 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.