BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#8505 - 12/09/05 12:09 PM PBA REGIONAL TOUR
Future Pro Bowler Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 23/Male/Irvine
I was hoping someone can help me out. I have become a pretty competitive bowler for the past two years or so and have been avergaing a duece now. Im defintely in the low 200s but I was told that I could compete in PBA regional events(not DENNYS PBA TOUR) and that regional events have cash prizes, as well as PBA perks and benefits. Are those bowlers still considered PROFESSIONAL BOWLERS? Im sure that I am far from the 220-225 avgs some of those guys may be carrying and that Id probably lose...but I was happy to hear that I can participate in that tour rather than hoping to become a member of the DENNYS PBA TOUR (what 64 bowlers!!! OMG you gotta be the top 64 in the world!) So much for goin pro that way...haha. Well if anyone knows more info on the regional tours, how to be a member, qualifications, and any info please let me know, thanks!

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#8506 - 12/09/05 12:28 PM Re: PBA REGIONAL TOUR
bimmerman Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 55/M/Maryland
Yes, the majority of the bowlers competing in the Regionals are members of the PBA and are considered Professional Bowlers, by the fact that they are PBA members. Non-members can enter Regionals (for $250). You can also enter the Denny's PBA Tour weekly PTQ and try to be the top amateur which lets you advance to the 14 qualifying round.

Go to the link below, and it should answer all of you questions about entering a PBA torunament.

http://www.pba.com/schedule/tournament/nonmember.asp?ID=4085

This link will give you membership details:

https://www.pba.com/members/applications.asp

Colin

#8507 - 12/09/05 01:01 PM Re: PBA REGIONAL TOUR
ExBronxiteBowler Offline
PBA Senior Bowler

A/S/L: M 66 Staten Island, NY
Colin,

You bowling Latham? if you pm me.

Walter

#8508 - 12/09/05 01:20 PM Re: PBA REGIONAL TOUR
cheetah Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 29/M/Seattle, WA/Right-handed
Latham? Is that the Bowler's Club? I used to bowl league there when I went to school in Schenectady. Not the prettiest house, but good bowling. Do they still have the psychadelic backdrops over the lanes?

Tim

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 10/17/20 08:32 PM
Undercover Boss Bowlero
by BOSStull - 10/12/20 07:16 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 10:12 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:39 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:32 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.