BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#8470 - 11/15/05 04:28 PM “Machuga Flop”
kagekikr Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 34/M/Michigan
I was just wondering what the folks out there thought about Mike Machuga's choice of celebration following his first ever title win. I can't wait to see how many bowling center employees freak out when they see the teenagers replicating what they saw a "professional" do on national television.
Elite Blue Alien
Brunswick Scorchin' Inferno
Brunswick Inferno
Brunswick Plastic "Spare" Ball

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#8471 - 11/15/05 05:12 PM Re: “Machuga Flop”
Mutilated1 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 36/Male/Pell City AL, Right Ha...
I think it was retarded. A professional should set a good example and not do something stupid like that.

#8472 - 11/16/05 02:11 AM Re: “Machuga Flop”
cheetah Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 29/M/Seattle, WA/Right-handed
Can you fill in for those of us who missed it what happened?

#8473 - 11/16/05 08:34 AM Re: “Machuga Flop”
Chief Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 50/Male/Michigan
Apparently Mike Machuga is also a bit of a comedian and after pro-am events he finishes with a "stunt" he has dubbed the Machuga Flop. He approaches the lane in a normal manner and then instead of releasing the ball he hurls himself and the outstretched hand still holding the ball and "flops" 10 feet out on the lane. It was very amusing although at the time he did it he still needed 2 pins to win the match. It it true that he is not given a foul since he did not release the ball but it would have been a bad time to perform the stunt and be seriously injured (a possiblity) and not been able to complete the frame for his first national title. While the event was being replayed he brushed himself off and threw the last shot for the win. I also think he was lucky that the lane oil on his sliding foot did not cause him to stick and foul for real on the last shot. Again it would have cost him the title. I don't see a rapid influx of people hurling themselves onto the lanes anytime soon. And if they do a few torn rotator cuffs and bloody noses will ensue and it will be passe. It did friek me out though.

#8474 - 11/16/05 10:53 AM Re: “Machuga Flop”
Mutilated1 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 36/Male/Pell City AL, Right Ha...
Here is what he did...

You need windows media player.

http://media.putfile.com/The-Machuga-Flop

#8475 - 11/16/05 12:03 PM Re: “Machuga Flop”
rcasey Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 28/M/Chicago
Rewatch that video, Chief. He didn't need 2 pins to win. Machuga had already locked up his first title before he did the flop.

#8476 - 11/16/05 01:25 PM Re: “Machuga Flop”
Chief Offline
Bracket Donor

I have the match on tvo but have not rewatched it yet, I was flipping between football and bowling and I thought he needed the count. I still would question the wisdom of the stunt when you depend on the game for your living.

#8477 - 11/16/05 01:52 PM Re: “Machuga Flop”
rcasey Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 28/M/Chicago
Well, I don't think he worries about hurting himself while doing it. He possesses some kind of wisdom about it as he has supposedly been doing it since he was very young, and has been doing it in Pro-Ams lately. I'll tell you what... that is one way to dry up flooded lane conditions real quick. smile

#8478 - 11/16/05 02:32 PM Re: “Machuga Flop”
Chief Offline
Bracket Donor

Think he will still do it when he is on the Senior tour? It was entertaining, I guess I am one of those worse case scenario guys.

#8479 - 11/16/05 04:07 PM Re: “Machuga Flop”
kagekikr Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 34/M/Michigan
Gotta love that TiVo huh Chief?? Anyway, what happened was, good ol' Randy P. stated after Machuga bowled the 9th frame that he needed two strikes and 2 pins in the tenth to lock the victory. As it turns out, bitter old Randy was wrong. Anyway, I thought it was entertaining, yes, just not sure it was the right place and time to do it.
Elite Blue Alien
Brunswick Scorchin' Inferno
Brunswick Inferno
Brunswick Plastic "Spare" Ball

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
No Post Available
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 12:46 PM
This is a damned shame
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:42 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.