BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#83937 - 03/12/09 02:45 PM Re: How often do you get a new Ball>? [Re: Dan300]
ruleof72 Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 46/M/Atlanta, GA
My parents have bowled in a twice monthly church league for 30 years. My Mom has her original ball that she got way back in [b]1968[/b] shocked I remember going to the alley under the A&P grocery store when I was 4 or 5 and she bowled in a ladies league. My Dad has a twenty year old ball. I suggested they might want to get new ones but they said "why, the ball still rolls OK" rotfl They have fun bowling, which is all that matters in the end.

As for me, my Power Groove, that I got back in September, has about 130 games on it. I clean it after each 3-5 games but I haven't given it a bath yet. The ball still seems to work fine. It hooks a (very)little bit. I'm planning on getting a higher performance ball this Summer so I think I can keep it for a long time, especially if I use it as a spare ball.

Arsenal:
Power Grove Reactive 15#

My Book:Beyond The Twelve-Ounce Curl: The Beer Lover's Guide to Having Your Brew and Being Fit, Too!

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#83941 - 03/12/09 03:01 PM Re: How often do you get a new Ball>? [Re: ruleof72]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
My mom got me into bowling way back when. She had a plastic ball then when the Wine U-Dot was out, she got one. She loved it. But, it was her only ball. My dad has the same ball that he got 30 years ago or so. My folks were over this past weekend and one of my bags was on the ground. My mom asked me if that was my stuff. I said some of it. She looked at me. I said that I take 4 to league with me and I just bought one the week before. She knows that my dad built me a ball rack but I told her that it was filled with old stuff. I took out the Hy-Road to show her and my new shoes. She looked at me and said: Bowling got a whole lot more technical since I stopped bowling hasn't it? I just laughed. I tried to explain pin position and static weights. She told me she would just rather watch me or the people on TV bowl.

#83945 - 03/12/09 03:17 PM Re: How often do you get a new Ball>? [Re: General Pounder]
A K
Unregistered

if i tried to explain to someone who doesn't bowl anymore about static weights and pin position and coverstocks etc. im pretty sure i'd be laughed out of the house.

#83946 - 03/12/09 03:22 PM Re: How often do you get a new Ball>? [Re: General Pounder]
Domokun Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: male/DC Metro
"You whippersnappers with yer new fangled gee-gaws 'n' whoshewhatzits 'n' gee-whiz-mos! Snort! See, back in my day we had rubber 'n' wood--and that was IT! I got up there with just my socks on, too! We liked it--LOVED it! It was good nuff for us! Next thing you meddlin' kids'll tell me you don't drink the good Lord's liquor when you bowl. Now git off my lawn! I said, 'GIT!'"

Oh, good times!

Ebonite: Challenge, Exceed, Innovate
Storm/RG: Cell Pearl, Tropical Breeze

"Only NBC or CBS for me. New Ball Carry or Clean Ball Strikes. Channel 4 and 14 or nothing." -- D. Ryan

#83948 - 03/12/09 03:31 PM Re: How often do you get a new Ball>? [Re: Domokun]
Russ I. Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 43/m/wis
Yeah the wifey came with me last time when I drilled up my ball.
Hour later she was hammered in the bar waiting for me.
Hahaha
PAP 4 7/8" x 0

#83950 - 03/12/09 03:49 PM Re: How often do you get a new Ball>? [Re: Russ I.]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
Originally Posted By: raggityman
Yeah the wifey came with me last time when I drilled up my ball.
Hour later she was hammered in the bar waiting for me.
Hahaha

thumbsup

#83972 - 03/12/09 07:35 PM Re: How often do you get a new Ball>? [Re: General Pounder]
Dennis Michael Online   jestera
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Hey Raggity, do they still have baggo tournaments in the bar at Lakes Bowl? That is one BIG bar for a Bowling House.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#83976 - 03/12/09 08:55 PM Re: How often do you get a new Ball>? [Re: Dennis Michael]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
My philosophy is much like General Pounder, I buy about one per year. I don't replace my whole arsenal every year. I am quite happy with my present arsenal. The only condition I am constantly looking to find the perfect ball for is light oil. I always used my Too Hot, but that is a lot of ball for someone with my specs. I can use my Too Hot on any house shot. So for me, I need something that's a step down. I had to choose between a Neptune and a Tropical Storm. I chose the Tropical Storm. We'll see how it reacts. If its everything I've ever dreamed of, the my search is over.

Since my Too Hot can cover most conditions for me, I don't really need a medium oil type of ball, but my T Road Pearl gets a lot of length. It gets the same length but has a massive backend. So my T Road Pearl works great with my Pyro. I carry those two balls and can cover everything except heavy oil. But I am still waiting to bowl on heavy oil somewhere. Hasn't happened yet.

So to answer the question, 1 ball per year.

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

#83977 - 03/12/09 08:56 PM Re: How often do you get a new Ball>? [Re: Smooth Stroker]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
And just to add, my X Factor is still the best ball I have ever used. I still have mine and carry it when I think I need an extra ball. When all else fails, I use my X Factor.

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

#83979 - 03/12/09 09:17 PM Re: How often do you get a new Ball>? [Re: Dennis Michael]
Russ I. Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 43/m/wis
Originally Posted By: Dennis Michael
Hey Raggity, do they still have baggo tournaments in the bar at Lakes Bowl? That is one BIG bar for a Bowling House.

They sure do. Friday Nights they have a free one. I don't know what you win but its something. Remeber though the back part is called Sharky's which is only open I think Friday, Sat, Sun.

PAP 4 7/8" x 0

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 04:35 PM
End of Days
by explorer05 - 12:19 PM
Help with grip/ Thumb Position
by 82Boat69 - 07/15/18 08:11 PM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by Richie V. - 07/10/18 12:19 PM
what will become of AMF
by Dennis Michael - 07/09/18 07:13 AM
I'll try again
by Dennis Michael - 07/06/18 12:32 PM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by 6_ball_man - 07/06/18 08:44 AM
Bowling ball colors
by BOSStull - 07/04/18 10:28 AM
Tiered Tape...
by BOSStull - 06/30/18 11:33 AM
no one on for 5 days
by steveA - 06/22/18 04:31 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.