BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 80 of 315 < 1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 314 315 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#83122 - 03/06/09 12:12 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
MoAxMan Offline
Junior Coach

A/S/L: 24 Male Charlotte, NC U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: TheDemolitionMan
But for anyone is still reluctant about a switching to a free swing or wants to compare a muscled swing to a free swing, send them my way.

I second that demo...I bowled in my Tuesday league with my new dimension which was drilled too large and I couldn't get enough tape in it. Even though it's 3/8 forward I still had to grab - bowled 130, 158, 149 for a 437. Last night I reluctantly used The One Pearl because it fits much tighter and allowed me to relax my arm and I bowled 202, 182, 161 for a 545, a good 15 pins over my average.
Pin Slasher
Emerald Vibe
Natural

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#83163 - 03/06/09 02:39 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: MoAxMan]
Domokun Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: male/DC Metro
Rather not discuss it. Disaster. So thrilled to use the Hy-Road during league play and everything. Whole team fell apart so it wasn't just me, and, of course, we're on 1 & 2 which are reknown in our league for having the worst conditions (no excuse, but you just can't have anything consistent). Think we had four or five pocket 7-10s and a bunch of spinning/tapped but standing 7s.

188, 221, 15x: 55x (just couldn't care to record it after throwing a double, "same" ball in the 10th returned the 4-6-7-9).

It's just more shame.

Ebonite: Challenge, Exceed, Innovate
Storm/RG: Cell Pearl, Tropical Breeze

"Only NBC or CBS for me. New Ball Carry or Clean Ball Strikes. Channel 4 and 14 or nothing." -- D. Ryan

#83192 - 03/06/09 06:54 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Domokun]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
I bowled in my class today and I was trying to get my gripping/grabbing problem fixed and get that free swing going again as well as, get that plastic spare ball going. Needless to say, once I got the right mechanics, I was in the wrong spot and I had to adjust and adjust and adjust and it wasn't getting better.

I had a 130-125-176. I do think the practice helped because now I have something to focus on tonight at league. Not grabbing the ball and a good follow through.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#83202 - 03/06/09 08:01 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Vic44 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 51/ Male/ Colorado Springs CO
Demo.
Sometimes the worst scoring practices do help for some awesome scoring games later... ESPECIALLY if you found some good mechanics. Good luck tonight!

Career HG: 300 (3)
Career HS: 772
Career High Avg(09-10) 217.
15-16 Avg: 189

Last year? Not pretty. No high scores worth posting from 15-16. But good times ahead. smile

#83221 - 03/06/09 10:39 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Vic44]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Well, it was tough to win pot games this afternoon when the first game winner shoots 290 and the third game winner shoots 298. But, somehow, my 237 in game 2 came through beating my opponent who had 235. So, I'll take it and congratulate the others.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#83230 - 03/07/09 01:34 AM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Vic44]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
Originally Posted By: Vic44
Demo.
Sometimes the worst scoring practices do help for some awesome scoring games later... ESPECIALLY if you found some good mechanics. Good luck tonight!

Vic,
I didn't get to see this before league tonight but you are right. The mechanics I worked out in class paid off tonight. 183-266-188 for a 637 series.

I had 4 opens. A split, a 7 pin that I stuck on and a 6 and 10 pin. So 3 single pin spares and a split. Not that bad in my book. A little frustrating because I can hit the bucket, the baby split and a mess like the 1-2-8-9 but I can't hit the easy ones. whistle Also I didn't notice until a little later in the night, but when I throw my Widow I quickly sqeeze the ball on the downswing and then relax or at least release the ball again. I think it has something to do with that span being slightly off (it's stretched about an 1/8 of an inch plus combined with all the tape I have to use in the thumb hole it might be about a 1/4 of an inch off). I should probably get that fixed. grin

And again if anyone wants to dispute the free vs. muscled swing or even say that grabbing the ball doesn't effect your game, as well as how useful the swinging hinge pushaway is, look at my scores. 517 last night, 637 tonight. That's a 120 pin difference between the two nights. Plus my spare shooting is getting better as well. 7 opens and 2 split leaves last night to 3 opens and 1 1 split leave tonight with a plastic ball.

Too bad I didn't hit two of those single pins, I could've beaten my dad by two pins for series. Oh well. It's always a good night when the two of us are in the 600+ area. thumbsup

grin

Edited by TheDemolitionMan (03/07/09 01:38 AM)
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#83360 - 03/08/09 03:56 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
g00b3r Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 22, Eastern Iowa
I went to Westdale Bowling Center here, which isn't known for being very consistent lanes, hence very challenging. After watching myself in my video, and CoachJim pointing out a couple flaws in my game, I went in looking to adjust.

I ended up rolling 233, 247, 201 for a 681 series. Keeping my hand behind the ball a little more during my backswing and also trying to get a bit of a stronger stride on my slide step really help my consistency.

My last game I started to leave a lot of solid 10 pins, which I'm guessing was the lane breakdown was causing my entry angle to be a little too steep to get the right pin reaction for the 10 to drop.

Edited by g00b3r (03/08/09 03:56 PM)

Series Bowled: 14
Total Pinfall: 8676
Average: 206.6
High Game/Series: 279/738

Bag: 15#
Brunswick Wild Ride
Brunswick BVP Sidewinder
Brunswick Shock Zone Pro
Storm Trauma Recovery
Storm Fear Factor

#83374 - 03/08/09 06:47 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: g00b3r]
Silent Mike Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 39/M/Poconos PA
Today I bowled county singles and doubles at an OLD AMF wood lane center known for poor scores. I bowled here for States and on managed a pair of 580s. The heads are toast. They have begun injecting material between the boards to fill gaps, everything is in serious need of updating. I knew this going in so expectations were low.

168-253-233= 654 + 33(handicap)= 687 and good for 7th place in singles. I already know this wont hold as there were a few good series rolled today the last day of the tourney. Practice was awful. My synthetic line did not work. What worked was standing left targeting 3rd arrow out to 5 and back. Back ends were flying!

I stayed for 2nd shift and did doubles with an 83 year old gentleman whos partner couldnt make it. I rolled 182-248-238= 668 + 33(handicap)= 701. My 141 average partner hit his average and a little above, with his handicap we rolled 1411 which was good for 5th place but again we will get knocked down a few places I'm sure. Also for $5 they had drop your lowest game and 2 high game total cashes for your first outing. Mine was 486 scratch so I have a chance at cashing a few ways. Not too bad for a last minute thing considering the lanes and the center.

I did get bad news though. A well known guy we bowl with on Tuesdays was in a serious accident this past Friday. He is not doing well, my prayers go out to you and your family Ken. You have a lot of people pulling for you. God be with you.

Edited by Silent Mike (03/08/09 06:48 PM)
Storm - Natural

#83379 - 03/08/09 08:01 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Silent Mike]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Nice bowling Mike. I'll keep your friend in my prayers.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#83381 - 03/08/09 08:16 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Dennis Michael]
Silent Mike Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 39/M/Poconos PA
Thank you Dennis.
Storm - Natural

Page 80 of 315 < 1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 314 315 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Fin09 - 12/14/18 11:31 AM
New Pro Shop Near My House
by Mkirchie - 11/26/18 05:05 PM
Trying to keep my throw straight
by spr3wr - 11/24/18 08:49 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all
by djp1080 - 11/22/18 10:49 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.