BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#83048 - 03/06/09 02:58 AM Recording me and my Wild Ride!
g00b3r Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 22, Eastern Iowa
This is the first bowling review/video of me rolling my new ball.

Just showing it to the masses that have seen the other seller's videos.

I'm a stroker but borderline tweener sometimes, thought I would have a video for this ball and my bowling style.

Hope you all enjoy my mediocre editing skills! (considering I work for TV, lol!) I'm open for any comments, I have a critique video from my 257 game that I rolled during this shoot, and my BVP Sidewinder review soon after!

Edited by g00b3r (03/06/09 03:01 AM)

Series Bowled: 14
Total Pinfall: 8676
Average: 206.6
High Game/Series: 279/738

Bag: 15#
Brunswick Wild Ride
Brunswick BVP Sidewinder
Brunswick Shock Zone Pro
Storm Trauma Recovery
Storm Fear Factor

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#83049 - 03/06/09 02:59 AM Re: Recording me and my Wild Ride! [Re: g00b3r]
A K
Unregistered

can't see a thing.

#83050 - 03/06/09 03:01 AM Re: Recording me and my Wild Ride! [Re: ]
g00b3r Offline
Junior

Your eyes play tricks! laugh Had to some editing, all normal now =]

Brunswick Wild Ride
Brunswick BVP Sidewinder
Brunswick Shock Zone Pro
Storm Trauma Recovery
Storm Fear Factor

#83053 - 03/06/09 05:15 AM Re: Recording me and my Wild Ride! [Re: g00b3r]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Another lonely bowler with nobody to practice with or hold the camera. The editing was fine, the camera work was not so good. You seem to be concentrating on the ball and not the bowler, the ball stinks, even Bowling This Month couldn't figure out what lane conditions it was good for other than a low volume long oil pattern, so have one handy if you get to bowl on the old 50' tournament of champions shot.

If you want your physical game reviewed, back the camera up so we can see your entire body head to toe from start to finish, from behind and from the side, slow motion helps too if you have the means to do so.

From what I could see, you have a lot of work to do and many areas where you could improve.

Your swing starts in a good position, then your hand turns to the side or even in front of the ball (couldn't see very good), and the ball swings away from your body in the back swing. I couldn't see the ball at the top of the back swing, but on the way down, it swings out away from your body again.

Try to keep the ball under your head, or in line with your head, and your head in line with the target. You have pretty good body position as far as I could see, so I'm not sure what could be causing the bad swing plane, other than swing direction at the push away, and that twisty thing you do with your hand, (stop doing that, keep your hand behind the ball), and muscling the swing.

Get someone to practice with, a second set of eyes will help both of you and you will then have someone to hold the camera for each other.

#83125 - 03/06/09 12:29 PM Re: Recording me and my Wild Ride! [Re: CoachJim]
g00b3r Offline
Junior

It is pretty far and between to get someone in this town to want to sit around and tape...I had a cousin on occasion come bowl with me but he refused to want to stand there and watch me. I've been using my suction mount I use when I storm chase for my station..hence the single position. I tried to get a lane gap from some school event so I might be able to position it away from me, but I wasn't in luck....I will be getting a tripod next time and wider shots to get my flaws critiqued. This was my first time even recording myself at the lanes.

I admit I have awkward form, I suffered a job related disc hernia in my L4-L5 and L5-L6 region that required surgery and left me pretty damaged and out of bowling for a year...so ever since then I have been trying to find a comfortable yet effective stance, form, and release for myself.

I used to muscle the ball massively when I recovered from surgery...even got irritated at the kids younger than me that could over muscle a cranking shot and do better, and made it worse. But this video I think I was somewhere around 14.7-15.5mph after finally figuring out where I could see my speed on these scorers.

Edited by g00b3r (03/06/09 12:31 PM)

Brunswick Wild Ride
Brunswick BVP Sidewinder
Brunswick Shock Zone Pro
Storm Trauma Recovery
Storm Fear Factor

#83151 - 03/06/09 01:45 PM Re: Recording me and my Wild Ride! [Re: g00b3r]
MoAxMan Offline
Junior Coach

A/S/L: 24 Male Charlotte, NC U.S.A.
I see in your signature that you're currently bowling in a league. Perhaps you could coax another bowler to come practice with you and they could video tape as well as vice versa. After all, a little practice never hurt anyone. A little videotaping definitely never hurt anyone either, especially a bowler.

Just a thought. I would definitely continue to video as much as possible...it seems at least for me you are never quite doing what you think you're doing once you watch yourself on tape. It has helped my game a lot. I even videotape myself in my apartment when I can't get lanes! It's a great tool.
Pin Slasher
Emerald Vibe
Natural

#83153 - 03/06/09 01:50 PM Re: Recording me and my Wild Ride! [Re: MoAxMan]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Originally Posted By: MoAxMan
A little videotaping definitely never hurt anyone either.

I think Paris Hilton would disagree with that!

I video tape myself bowling quite frequently as well. Not only can you pick out little hiccups in your game but you can also just focus on the ball path and learn why you are leaving certain single pins. For instance, maybe on that ringing 10 you just didn't get the ball out to 7 at the break point, maybe it was at 8-9. This could also really help you in reading the lanes and your ball reaction.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#83154 - 03/06/09 02:00 PM Re: Recording me and my Wild Ride! [Re: sk8shorty01]
MoAxMan Offline
Junior Coach

A/S/L: 24 Male Charlotte, NC U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: sk8shorty01
I think Paris Hilton would disagree with that!

Touché.
Pin Slasher
Emerald Vibe
Natural

#83160 - 03/06/09 02:35 PM Re: Recording me and my Wild Ride! [Re: MoAxMan]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
At first it was hard for me to see details so I stopped the video at the release. Your hand comes all the way around the ball. I mean past 90 degrees. It looks like your ball is rotating backwards. when I saw that I knew I had to stop it at the right time and presto, I found a release beyond 90 degrees. This is the reason you can't play the lanes any deeper. If you bowl on heavy oil, I bet you suffer. You would do well to learn to keep your hand behind the ball more. Try a practice where you don't move the ball at all. Take only one step. Keep your hand at 45 degrees for the whole swing. Watch the ball go down the lane and check out the rotation. If you do it right, the rotation should be something like this \ with the ball spinning away from you. Then you will know that your hand was behind the ball. You should feel the ball on the two middle fingers. The brunt of the weight should be on those fingers for a split second. Keep your forearm facing the target. Try the ring finger lead. There are many tricks, pick one. You will find more revs and an earlier ball roll and more power at the pins.

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

#83348 - 03/08/09 11:07 AM Re: Recording me and my Wild Ride! [Re: Smooth Stroker]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
You could always spend $20 on a tripod.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by Mkirchie - 08/06/20 06:48 AM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by Mkirchie - 07/18/20 08:37 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.