BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#82856 - 03/05/09 03:02 AM Attending a PBA Tournament
wandk128 Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 21 Mass
My brother and I recently started getting interested in bowling and were wondering if anyone has been to an event. I'm about an hour from the Go RVING Match Play Tournament later this month in CT we're considering going. Not sure if we would go during the week or just to the Sunday TV Finals. Any advice/ comments would be appreciated. Thanks

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#82859 - 03/05/09 03:07 AM Re: Attending a PBA Tournament [Re: wandk128]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
I prefer to go during the week if I can. Then you can see more bowlers.

If you wait until the TV shooting, then most players have moved onto the next stop. Only the 4 or 5 that are on TV are in the area. The TV show is great though. But you might have to be there very early in the morning to get a decent seat.

Erin

#82871 - 03/05/09 07:37 AM Re: Attending a PBA Tournament [Re: Atochabsh]
intheZONE782 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 26/m/Indiana
I would recommend it- I have always wanted to go during the week but haven;t been able to take off work (Live 2 hours from indy, closest PBA stop). Have gone to the TV finals for the past 2 years and really enjoy it. Payed 10 bucks for the [censored] seats last year- then sprung 60 for the "TV" seats behind the bowlers this year. The 60 bucks was worth it for me because you actually get to see the ball thrown and the results at the pins. Cheaper seats are more or less sitting on the lanes adjacent to where the bowlers are and you can;t see what score they get.

Good time though- either way, I would recommend making the trip sometime during the tourney.
Roto Grip Cell
Brunswick Avalanche Solid (Mod. RICO)- For Sale
Storm Virtual Gravity 5x5x4-For Sale
Storm Virtual Gravity 4x4x2
Storm Hy-Road

#82889 - 03/05/09 09:08 AM Re: Attending a PBA Tournament [Re: intheZONE782]
bluesman_vt_2002 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 40/M/VT
wandk128-

Last year, I went to the finals in Norwich. It was fun. I paid for the higher end seats, and to be honest, I don't know as though it was worth the extra money. The environment was small enough where you could see regardless, but first time, you might want to get the higher end seats, as it does put you right behing the action.

If you can go two days, I would recommend the ProAm on Sat and the show on Sunday.

The room rates in Norwich were very reasonable too.

Hope that you go, I think you'll enjoy the experience.
Storm Hy-Road | Ebonite Mission | Ebonite Complete NV | Plastic

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Friends made a dumb bet
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:50 PM
Difference between shammy & microfiber towel
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:49 PM
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.