BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#82607 - 03/03/09 07:21 PM fix my swing
uniqueblinds Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 31/M/Carol Stream Illinois
I can't stop looping my swing. It loops from the inside out. I tend to pull a lot of shots left. I am working on trying to upload some videos. Are there any drills I can do to try to resolve. Thanks in advance. Please hurry. I leave for USBC in 3 weeks
storm hyroad
virtual gravity
emerald vibe
black widow
vapor zone
playmaker
nvd
complete nv
tropical storm
all 15#

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#82610 - 03/03/09 08:05 PM Re: fix my swing [Re: uniqueblinds]
willypbowler1 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 19/M/USA
one steps. Walk up to the foul line and step back about 2-3 feet. Setup how you normally would and do not pay much attention to where your shot goes. Focus on your swing. Stay loose and push the ball out, let it swing three times and on the third, pretend your taking your last step of your normal approach. We use this drill usually once a week. It is an excellent drill for timing, arm swing, and accuracy. keep at it until things feel better. Then take a normal shot and you will definitely see the results. Concentrate on keeping that swing nice and straight.

HG: 300 (3)
HS: 772

In the bag...
Invasion
Virtual Energy (300,772)
Reign Supreme
Complete NV
Hy-Road (300)
Fast
T-Zone

#82633 - 03/03/09 10:53 PM Re: fix my swing [Re: willypbowler1]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
One-step drills are a good exercise. Additionally, you could put a towel under your swing arm and if the towel falls you messed up. Your goal is to keep the towel against your body.

I would also work on your pushaway and try to push the ball on your target line and keep it on that line. Also on your second step try to bring that step over in front of your non-slide foot. You might be subconsciously trying to get your body out of the way and it is causing your shots to go arwy.

Do you grab/grip/clench the ball a lot?
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#82654 - 03/04/09 02:01 AM Re: fix my swing [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
uniqueblinds Offline
Bantam

for the most part my steps are all left except my slide. as far as grabing the shot. i am not really sure. i am going to try the towel trick tomorrow afternoon along with the 1 step approach. i am still trying to figure out how to put up a video. i keep getting an error on youtube.
storm hyroad
virtual gravity
emerald vibe
black widow
vapor zone
playmaker
nvd
complete nv
tropical storm
all 15#

#82656 - 03/04/09 02:18 AM Re: fix my swing [Re: uniqueblinds]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Blinds, start with your ball to the side, over your outside foot. Then keep your elbow tight against your body. Your pushoff should be straight, and the swing plane straight.

Now, it you are turning your hand so the hand is on the outside of the ball in the backswing, you will have a tendency to swing the arm around. Keep your hand behind the ball throughout.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#82664 - 03/04/09 05:47 AM Re: fix my swing [Re: uniqueblinds]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Nobody on this site is going to be able to fix your swing in 3 weeks, go find a good coach and take as many lessons as you can, you should have been working on this since last summer. Post the video and I will give it a shot, but you are most likely going to need someone there with you to learn anything in that short time.

#82725 - 03/04/09 12:45 PM Re: fix my swing [Re: CoachJim]
uniqueblinds Offline
Bantam

i am actually going to see lynn corey at star Pro Shop in addison at 1:00 today. my natural swing was in a good line. i have just gotten into some bad habits lately.
storm hyroad
virtual gravity
emerald vibe
black widow
vapor zone
playmaker
nvd
complete nv
tropical storm
all 15#

#82785 - 03/04/09 05:31 PM Re: fix my swing [Re: uniqueblinds]
uniqueblinds Offline
Bantam

I actually have footage from today and yesterday. now all i need to do is get it on this website. today seemed very helpful. i was walking to slow and finishing right of where i started. i looked at some old tape of my self at the lesson and i used to walk left which got my hips out of the way. now i was coming back so far it was forcing me to move the ball around my body which was making me loop. i'll be getting some footage up as soon as my girlfriend shows me how.
storm hyroad
virtual gravity
emerald vibe
black widow
vapor zone
playmaker
nvd
complete nv
tropical storm
all 15#

#83033 - 03/05/09 10:25 PM Re: fix my swing [Re: uniqueblinds]
uniqueblinds Offline
Bantam

here is a video from tuesday.
storm hyroad
virtual gravity
emerald vibe
black widow
vapor zone
playmaker
nvd
complete nv
tropical storm
all 15#

#83054 - 03/06/09 05:20 AM Re: fix my swing [Re: uniqueblinds]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Back the camera up so I can see your entire body from head to toe and the top of the swing, and shoot a couple shots from behind.

At least you have a tripod and not sitting the camera on the floor.

Your timing is at least a step late. Start the ball with your right foot, and over your right foot and let the ball swing your arm, you are forcing the swing, mostly because of the late timing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.