BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 75 of 315 < 1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 314 315 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#81943 - 02/27/09 01:45 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: IndyBowler]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Originally Posted By: IndyBowler
Well I am getting ready to go bowl. I will be back in a few hours hopefully saying I shot 700. I know this much, our team is only 6 points out of 1st in a $10,000 league. We got like 12 weeks to go. So I need to shoot 700 every week from here on out.

Why do you say you need to shoot 700 every week from here on out? I think you are putting a lot more pressure on yourself than you need to be. All you have to do is shoot 1 pin better than the other team, if that means you have to shoot 700 one week thats fine, the next week it might be 550. I wouldn't tell yourself you have to do it or else you are going to lose because its still all predicated on what the other team does. All you have to do is make up one point every other week on the other team, those numbers aren't to bad really. Just make sure you minimize mistakes and you should be fine.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#81944 - 02/27/09 01:52 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Domokun Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: male/DC Metro
Originally Posted By: TheDemolitionMan
And just for you Domokun, I beat my pops again by 87 pins series wise.

Boo yah! You should go make him sit in the car and think about what he's done. That'd show him.

Just fine by me last night: 226,227,221=674...holding the 207 ave. Yay. Got my points, but my team had a meltdown.

Actually had to get fussy, for the first time, with my teammates. Yelled at one to man up and stop throwing the ball like an 8 year old girl. Ex marine...feh. And the other two would not stop complaining about one dude on the other team always shooting 250 against us every time we bowl him.

"Short of taking a tire iron to his @(#$%! knee, what do you want to do about it?"

"Oh, I dunno...complain!"

"Well, @(#$%! stop it! I'm on this [email protected]#*%* team, too, and you're bringing me down. Stop [email protected]#*%* caring about what he's doing and bowl your [email protected]#*%*. You're better than that!"

Man, the griping. Really got to me. Yes, the shot was hard. Yes, there were a lot of solid 8-10s. Complainin' ain't fixin' it!

Ebonite: Challenge, Exceed, Innovate
Storm/RG: Cell Pearl, Tropical Breeze

"Only NBC or CBS for me. New Ball Carry or Clean Ball Strikes. Channel 4 and 14 or nothing." -- D. Ryan

#81952 - 02/27/09 02:45 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Domokun]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
Easy Domo, we don't need a Tanya Harding in bowling. grin

I get what your saying though, I always do that to one team and another team the bowler always does that to my team. I hate when bowlers complain and fuss about stupid things like that.

It does kind of suck that my dad is in a funk of late. It'd really be something if we shot close to each other series wise. I really think a lot of his issues are in his head. Seriously, overanalyzing things and not being confidenct in his choices. Oh well, he's been at the sport longer than me so he'll come out of it.

As for my spare ball, I figured I'd get some practice with it last night and I throw frickin' 25-26 strikes. Not that I'm complaining it's just on nights like that it seems almost pointless to bring it. Regardless, I'm still tinkering with the fit. I'm going to have to start telling my driller to oval the thumbholes more because getting blisters everytime I get a new ball is really starting to get old.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#82032 - 02/27/09 10:12 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Domokun]
IronMaiden756 Offline

A/S/L: 52/F/Righty/Metro Detroit USBC
Originally Posted By: Domokun
"Short of taking a tire iron to his @(#$%! knee, what do you want to do about it?"

"Oh, I dunno...complain!"

"Well, @(#$%! stop it! I'm on this [email protected]#*%* team, too, and you're bringing me down. Stop [email protected]#*%* caring about what he's doing and bowl your [email protected]#*%*. You're better than that!"

Man, the griping. Really got to me. Yes, the shot was hard. Yes, there were a lot of solid 8-10s. Complainin' ain't fixin' it!

Your teammates sound like two of my teammates. If we're down by five pins in the fifth frame, they think the game is already over. It's not over until we've bowled the tenth but most of the time talking to them and trying to encourage them is truly pointless. brickwall

#82035 - 02/27/09 10:23 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: IronMaiden756]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Our first man is like that. A real bah humbug kind of guy. He is a smoker too. Sa, as soon as he finishes, he puts on his jacket and goes outside. Many times he says that game is lost when he leaves.

Just as many times, the second bowler, myself and the anchor put together strings and pull the game out. I never tell him we won. And, just wait for him to read the score sheet.

No faith in his teammates.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#82054 - 02/28/09 11:57 AM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Dennis Michael]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

180-190-201 for a 571 series. The carry last night for everyone, at least on our lanes was horrendous. I think my biggest string was a 4-bagger and the biggest string on our set was a 6-bagger.

However, I don't really blame the carry for my not the greatest performance. I have two blisters on my bowling thumb which makes bowling extremely fun. mad Regardless, I had tape on my thumb at least to act as preventative medicine and make the pain a bit more bareable. That tape ended up making my thumbholes in a couple of my balls a bit too tight which was giving me a bit of trouble at the release point. I was simply a bit out of my comfort zone.

That aside, I had 6 opens and 2 were splits (4-9 and I knew it both times when the ball came off my hand). I was a little peeved that two of those opens were single pin spares on the right side and I missed them in the tenth frame. On the upside I got the thumbhole on my spare ball all fixed up nice and good, now I got to get that targeting down WRW style. Overall, aside from those two single pins I was relatively happy with my spare shooting as well.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#82061 - 02/28/09 01:15 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Domokun Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: male/DC Metro
Well, on one hand, sorry about your series, Demo, but it sounds like everyone was having trouble so there ya go. Buuut, you're happy with the plastic so hooray! That's one issue put away.

Think you beat my series...the one this morning for me, that is. Just took a dump. Didn't even record the numbers. Just bleah. Think 2 168s and a 204. Dumped in the ninth and tenth. All head-->rear. Know better than that.

Sorry about your thumb, man. Heal up!

Ebonite: Challenge, Exceed, Innovate
Storm/RG: Cell Pearl, Tropical Breeze

"Only NBC or CBS for me. New Ball Carry or Clean Ball Strikes. Channel 4 and 14 or nothing." -- D. Ryan

#82066 - 02/28/09 03:28 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Domokun]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

On the upside Domo, I still beat my dad series wise and he had me by 2 pins going into the 3rd game.

Besides with the week I've had, throwing 1263 through 6 games in league and averaging 210 for the week is one of the few things that is keeping me sane right now.

Edited by TheDemolitionMan (02/28/09 03:44 PM)

#82067 - 02/28/09 03:38 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Got my ball remeasured. I will plug the thumbhole, move it 3/16 closer to the fingers, lateral 1/4 left, 1/4 forward. Then I will have the fingers opened up larger, with 1/8 reverse in the middle finger. It will be ready on Wed. Finger grips without lifts.

While out, I bowled a few games. 228-244-258. I guess I do much better relaxed.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#82072 - 02/28/09 04:51 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Dennis Michael]
Justinmill14 Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 18/male/Tennessee
196, 163, 215- 574. And man were those lanes dry.
Cell Pearl
Furious
Reign
Natural
Hammer Onyx Vibe
Columbia 300 Outburst

Page 75 of 315 < 1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 314 315 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
End of Days
by steveA - Yesterday at 11:45 AM
Duplicating the reaction of an obsolete ball
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 10:29 AM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 08:41 AM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Richie V. - 08/16/18 01:06 PM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by wronghander - 08/07/18 08:45 PM
Short Pin to Axis Layouts for Full Rollers?
by nord - 07/28/18 04:27 PM
Axis Weight Layout for Full Roller?
by Mkirchie - 07/28/18 07:45 AM
PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox
by Gutterballqueen313 - 07/25/18 01:50 PM
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 07/24/18 08:26 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.