BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#80153 - 02/16/09 11:02 AM Re: Thumb hole tape [Re: Atochabsh]
JStevensMD Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 27/M/MD
The black smooth tape also tends to be a pain to remove after it's been on for more then a few games. It rips easily, and has to be scraped off the inside of the thumb hole.

I know a lot of people that love the Thumb tapes by Vise (Hada patches) I believe they are called.
http://www.viseinserts.com/precut_hada.html
15# Sidewinder
15# Hy-Road

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#80156 - 02/16/09 11:08 AM Re: Thumb hole tape [Re: JStevensMD]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
I have said this before on different threads but different strokes for different folks. The guy who drilled my stuff this past summer uses medical tape. He buys a big roll and cuts the pieces for his fingers and for his thumb. It is all about what is the most comfortable for you.

#80164 - 02/16/09 11:17 AM Re: Thumb hole tape [Re: General Pounder]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
GP, didn't know Mike bowled with you too!!!
Wow that's some commute just to bowl league.

#80167 - 02/16/09 11:20 AM Re: Thumb hole tape [Re: Atochabsh]
General Pounder Offline

Yeah, but he gets to bowl with me grin

#80175 - 02/16/09 12:06 PM Re: Thumb hole tape [Re: Jay R.]
johnw1 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 66/m/Wynantskill/ny/usa
I shape all of my thumbholes by hand into ovals. the ovals are laid out from 10 o'clock to 4 o'clock in relation to the centerline (12 o'clock). I leave enough room at the ends of the oval to accommodate 3 layers of tape. The part of the oval where my thumb might rub I hollow out so that my thumb is able to rotate 360 degrees.

As for black tape, I don't know what you are trying to tell me. It is the company that manufactures the tape that is important. As I mentioned, I use the Scotchbrand 3m vinyl tape (3/4" X 66 ft) and leaves minimal residue when removed. I first began using it when my Pro Shop was selling it over the counter back in the 1980's. The tape is very thin so you can make micro adjustments in snugness. Also I mentioned keeping 4 or 5 colors in the house. When I have 2 or 3 layers of tape that are staggered, removal is much quicker when the tape is of different colors. I also mentioned using a mini-screwdriver to remove tape - it beats a pocketknife which in more cases than not ends up cutting holes in the tape you are trying to peel off and remove.

The Scotchbrand tape is slick enough so that you should not have any rubbing problems unless you use too much tape.

#80203 - 02/16/09 02:59 PM Re: Thumb hole tape [Re: johnw1]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
Quote:
Yeah, but he gets to bowl with me

He bowls with us on Wed.

#80204 - 02/16/09 03:05 PM Re: Thumb hole tape [Re: Atochabsh]
A K
Unregistered

iim so confused. erin gave johnw1 bowling lessons but erin is in CA and he is in NY then Erin and mike bowl on wednesday at the same alley and so does GP and Mike but GP is in IL and Erin is in CA so....

WHAT?

#80208 - 02/16/09 03:11 PM Re: Thumb hole tape [Re: JStevensMD]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
Originally Posted By: Atochabsh
I absolutely loath the black smooth tape. It breaks down too fast and leaves residue.

Originally Posted By: JStevensMD
The black smooth tape also tends to be a pain to remove after it's been on for more then a few games. It rips easily, and has to be scraped off the inside of the thumb hole.

Not if you use a quality one!

The front of my thumb gets very sweaty -> sticky, so I use skin tape on the front of my thumb. The thumb hole is snug enough, and has little enough bevel, that it doesn't affect the ability of the ball to stay on my hand.

AK, johnw != ijohn

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#80212 - 02/16/09 03:19 PM Re: Thumb hole tape [Re: cgeorg]
General Pounder Offline

AK = That was the point.

#80215 - 02/16/09 03:25 PM Re: Thumb hole tape [Re: General Pounder]
A K
Unregistered

ok well im still confused. GP still = IL and they = CA

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 02:32 PM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 09/23/18 10:56 AM
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 09/12/18 08:37 AM
For the good of the sport?
by Dennis Michael - 09/07/18 04:48 AM
End of Days
by steveA - 09/05/18 04:25 PM
Off-Spot Rule and Pinspotter Operation Question
by BOSStull - 09/01/18 06:43 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.