BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#80599 - 02/18/09 10:58 PM Re: i made it through qualifying!! [Re: Fgreco]
A K
Unregistered

doubt the scores ever happened sorry. i know bowling is usually mr. nice guy but come on.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#80707 - 02/19/09 01:26 PM Re: i made it through qualifying!! [Re: ]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Originally Posted By: A K
doubt the scores ever happened sorry. i know bowling is usually mr. nice guy but come on.

What is that supposed to mean?
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#80720 - 02/19/09 02:22 PM Re: i made it through qualifying!! [Re: sk8shorty01]
A K
Unregistered

High Game: 170
High Series: 450
Current Average: 140
Right or Left Handed: right handed

its just i have a hard time believing that bowler based on those stats could average 200+ in a tournament setting using a plastic ball and a 2 finger release when he hasn't ever bowled over 170 in his life and has only been bowling for 22 weeks as said in his first thread.

don't get me wrong if it is true then thats excellent bowling but i just don't believe it.

#80722 - 02/19/09 02:25 PM Re: i made it through qualifying!! [Re: sk8shorty01]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
Originally Posted By: sk8shorty01
Originally Posted By: A K

What is that supposed to mean?

He thinks that he is lying.

#80727 - 02/19/09 02:45 PM Re: i made it through qualifying!! [Re: General Pounder]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
Well you could argue it both ways.

But A.K. aren't you all about science. An explanation would be nice.

If opps is a palm bowler or two-handed bowler and the lanes are drier, wouldn't it stand to reason that the pattern and conditions were suited for his style of play especially with a plastic ball. It could've been the large amount of revs on the plastic ball that allowed the great amount of success or simply the pattern was perfect for his style of play and he was able to stay a smidge in front of the transition and carry-down. Also you have to take into account, he didn't use the plastic ball the entire time. He did mention that he determined his other balls to be too strong for the pattern he was on. Also perhaps his reactive ball(s) burned a line for him to use his plastic ball successfully on.

On the flip side, only bowling for about 5 and 1/2 months as palm or two-handed bowler, the ability to repeat consistent shots would definitely be something that one could doubt. As well as, opps' ability to read the lanes. He'd have to be very careful especially with a plastic ball that is pushing the oil down the lane instead of absorbing it like the reactive balls do.

opps, I'd ignore A.K. until he provides a supposed scientific explanation to his reasoning like he always does. Everyone gets that killer series. I believe you until I see or hear otherwise. Yesterday I got an 810 series through four games and I'm still not on top of the leader boards in my bowling class. And a good deal of them have sloppy technique and are palm bowlers who are beating me and I've been at it for 2 years.

Edited by TheDemolitionMan (02/19/09 02:48 PM)
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#80728 - 02/19/09 02:53 PM Re: i made it through qualifying!! [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
A K
Unregistered

demolitionman. he doesn't have any other balls he was interested in buying a reactive ball to learn to use his thumb but other than that he only has a plastic ball.

#80733 - 02/19/09 03:06 PM Re: i made it through qualifying!! [Re: ]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
A.K.,

I just found the thread about opps wanting a new ball. I wasn't aware of that post. It must've snuck by me.

Still it sounds like he had an 830 scratch series through 4 games.

He could've also been bowling on someone else's line as well. Or perhaps he has better lane play abilities than you think or perhaps not. We really can't know.

Edited by TheDemolitionMan (02/19/09 03:09 PM)
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#80852 - 02/20/09 02:35 AM Re: i made it through qualifying!! [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Jock Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 51/M/France, right handed
Demoman, if you read that other post closely, he said that his series was in the low 700s scratch over 4 games (after some comments about it!) and that 937 was with handicap.

The whole story is full of half truths.

Still, if he wants to think he can bowl that well, why not?

Lying about your scores is only cheating yourself, anyway.

#80922 - 02/20/09 11:33 AM Re: i made it through qualifying!! [Re: Jock]
A K
Unregistered

yes. after saying he threw 900 he fixed it saying he threw 830 scratch and the 900 whatever was handicap. then he fixed it to a 700 series.

even though i still have a hard time even believing that after the previous lies and knowing he's never bowled over 170 in his life that he suddenly bowled over 170 every game. its not doubting him it's doubting the statistics since that's all i know of.

#84496 - 03/18/09 01:38 AM Re: i made it through qualifying!! [Re: Fgreco]
charon Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 45/M/Nashville
Nice bowling. Our state is coming up, but I may have to miss it.
High Jackpot Game: 290
High League Series: 735
High Open Play Series: 794
High League Average: 205
High Tournament Average 222

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Arthritis?
by 82Boat69 - Yesterday at 09:43 PM
Friends made a dumb bet
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:50 PM
Difference between shammy & microfiber towel
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:49 PM
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.