BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#79701 - 02/12/09 05:04 PM Re: Entry, Mid and High-End performance bowling ball [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Timotheus Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 25/M/Syracuse, NY
That's what I got the Neptune for actually. I usually throw it with very low revs and have it drilled to go long, but it still hooks back hard even then lol.
16lb Roto-Grip Neptune (light and dry)

High game: 300
High series: 779

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#79720 - 02/12/09 06:51 PM Re: Entry, Mid and High-End performance bowling ball [Re: Timotheus]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
Originally Posted By: Timotheus
That's what I got the Neptune for actually. I usually throw it with very low revs and have it drilled to go long, but it still hooks back hard even then lol.

Low revs or not its going to hook a ton because the layout has it storing energy and then expending it quickly causing the crazy hard turn your are talking about.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#79789 - 02/13/09 11:55 AM Re: Entry, Mid and High-End performance bowling ball [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Timotheus Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 25/M/Syracuse, NY
Yeah I know. I told the driller to drill it so it'd go long and have moderate back end. I think it has more back end than I wanted it to lol.
16lb Roto-Grip Neptune (light and dry)

High game: 300
High series: 779

#79935 - 02/14/09 07:08 PM Re: Entry, Mid and High-End performance bowling ball [Re: lbII]
Slick36 Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 50/don't get any/Rockville, MD
I've been out of bowling for fifteen years until a few weeks ago. I was ready to get a high end ball but was advised against it by our local CoachJim. He recommended A Hammer Vibe or Avalanche Slide. I went with the Brunswick Avalanche Slide. I found what I thought was the groove last week but kept hitting the Brooklyn side, figuring that's just the way it's going to be from now on.

Then I foolishly got a Brunswick Power Groove Dry R (for dry lanes, less aggressive hook) and had it drilled the same way thinking it would solve the problem. Well it did, kinda-sorta.

Back to the Avalanche, I moved closer to the heads, left leg touching the ball return. I was hitting the pocket or very close to it. If I wasn't so doggone tired from the previous 4 games, I probably would have scored around 200. This time I found the REAL groove.

Turns out the Power Groove is a great spare ball for pins on the right side.

Both of those balls are Brunswick's lower end reactive entry balls. I'm sticking with them until I improve my accuracy, speed, and revs.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 07/16/18 09:27 PM
Help with grip/ Thumb Position
by 82Boat69 - 07/15/18 08:11 PM
End of Days
by Dennis Michael - 07/15/18 07:34 PM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by Richie V. - 07/10/18 12:19 PM
what will become of AMF
by Dennis Michael - 07/09/18 07:13 AM
I'll try again
by Dennis Michael - 07/06/18 12:32 PM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by 6_ball_man - 07/06/18 08:44 AM
Bowling ball colors
by BOSStull - 07/04/18 10:28 AM
Tiered Tape...
by BOSStull - 06/30/18 11:33 AM
no one on for 5 days
by steveA - 06/22/18 04:31 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.