BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#79891 - 02/14/09 10:33 AM any tips for the pepsi?
oppsimissedthat10pin Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 15 m united states
ok i just wanted to know if anyone had some tips for my pepsi tourney tommorow its my first tournament and this is my first year bowling currently carry a 150 average with a 170 high game i will be moving up to a new ball next week so we see how that goes any how thanks!

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#79905 - 02/14/09 01:36 PM Re: any tips for the pepsi? [Re: oppsimissedthat10pin]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
The best advice I can give is to just have fun, don't put a lot of pressure on yourself to score well and don't feel like you have to win it. I know it's easier said then done but it's easier to just bowl when you are more relaxed.

Good Luck!
HS:763

#79927 - 02/14/09 06:22 PM Re: any tips for the pepsi? [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Sam Elias Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 15/Male/Indiana/USA
Just have fun, and don't expect to win. I joined my first league back in October, and had only been bowling a couple of months. I never knew how many other good kids there were! The most important thing to remember is to not get mad when you win. In fact, don't even think of it as a tournament, so much as a lesson. Just study how everyone else is adjusting to the lanes, or their form, and take notes of that. Good luck!

#80113 - 02/16/09 01:05 AM Re: any tips for the pepsi? [Re: Sam Elias]
g00b3r Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 22, Eastern Iowa
When I went to Coke/Pepsi tournaments when I was still in YABA/USBC Youth, I would go in there looking to keep my game consistent and focused, not looking to dominate. My first couple years I would go to see how others in my state bowled, just visually learn and understand other types of players, help me create a gameplan and a strategy on the lanes. My last tournament I did go in knowing I had a chance to qualify and advanced, but didn't let it get to my head.

I found Coke/Pepsi best to help with my consistency, since in league play I would usually get lazy knowing I always had weeks ahead to bring back average.

Go in there and have fun, but try and stay focused when you step up to the lane. Play your game, don't try and experiment others techniques, I know every now and then I would. It will be a bit overwhelming at first, going into the same house as some of the potentially up-and-coming rollers in your state, but in time it'll become like another day at the lanes.

Series Bowled: 14
Total Pinfall: 8676
Average: 206.6
High Game/Series: 279/738

Bag: 15#
Brunswick Wild Ride
Brunswick BVP Sidewinder
Brunswick Shock Zone Pro
Storm Trauma Recovery
Storm Fear Factor

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Resurface is always a thrilling topic
by BOSStull - 10/04/19 06:17 PM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 11:01 AM
USBC Rule 12
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 10:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.