BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#79527 - 02/11/09 04:04 PM Geico Plastic Ball Championship
cowboybrad27 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 26/M/Carrollton, TX
I know it is a little premature but what is you guys opinion on this event? I think it will be interesting to say the least.

Like it or not?
Only one choice allowed (35 total votes)
Like it - 33 (94%)
Don't like it - 1 (3%)
Don't care - 1 (3%)
Voting on this poll ends: 0 seconds ago
Balls: Brunswick Copperhead 15lb
Columbia White Dot 15lb (spare ball)

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#79536 - 02/11/09 04:27 PM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: cowboybrad27]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
I think that this tourny will show how accurate the pros really are.

#79539 - 02/11/09 04:47 PM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: General Pounder]
REman Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 46/m/usa
Cool! Next they can have a major golf tournament where they play on scarred-up greens,4" brown fairway grass and torn up tee boxes like the rest of poor shmoes.

How about a Pro Bowling tourney where they played a pair of lanes that one lane is oily as hell and the next one was dry as a bone?

Really, what if the pros had to play under the same conditions as the weekend warrior? Ahhh, they would probably still be great.

15# Raw Hammer Pain
15# Track Machine
14# Morich Awesome Hook
14# Morich Awesome Flip
13# Columbia WD (Spare Ball)
and a 16lb Columbia Tremor FS or FT

#79540 - 02/11/09 04:52 PM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: REman]
REman Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 46/m/usa
Even better, "The Ultimate Reality House Ball Championship"! Yes! Each pro may choose two of the regular supplied house bowling balls, play on unprepared lanes using rental bowling shoes! Is that cool or what? Who will sponsor it?

Edited by REman (02/11/09 04:56 PM)

15# Raw Hammer Pain
15# Track Machine
14# Morich Awesome Hook
14# Morich Awesome Flip
13# Columbia WD (Spare Ball)
and a 16lb Columbia Tremor FS or FT

#79550 - 02/11/09 06:10 PM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: REman]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
I think the straighter players will one this tourney.

Reman,
That is an excitent idea. It would make the pro as uncomfortable as possible and it would really so people why they are pros.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#79552 - 02/11/09 06:57 PM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: REman]
pavlam05 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: Green Bay, WI
Originally Posted By: REman
How about a pro bowling tourney where they played a pair of lanes that one lane is oily as hell and the next one was dry as a bone?

First off, settle down REman...second, I had to do this in couples league on Saturday. It sucked. The house ended up giving all 8 players a free drink to say, "our bad."

However, your golf analogy doesn't fit. It would be more like making all of the pro golfers play a tourney with the same clubs and balls as each other. Jack Nicklaus is actually a proponent of initiating a "regulation" golf ball that all pros would have to use in tournaments.

I actually love the idea. As General said, it will show just how accurate they are.

Lifetime High:
Game: 300
Series: 762

In the Bag: 15#
Storm Frantic
Brunswick Smokin' Inferno

#79553 - 02/11/09 07:01 PM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
I think the guys with higher rev rates will get better carry. They're on the Cheetah, so there's plenty of dry to use. And, the polyester will help the guys that might have problems with overreaction when the grab.

The show (is it 4 or 5?)
- TJ
- Rash
- Couch
- Carter
- Robert Smith, or someone makes their first show ever. Or maybe PA.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#79555 - 02/11/09 08:09 PM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: pavlam05]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Originally Posted By: pavlam05
Originally Posted By: REman
How about a pro bowling tourney where they played a pair of lanes that one lane is oily as hell and the next one was dry as a bone?

First off, settle down REman...second, I had to do this in couples league on Saturday. It sucked. The house ended up giving all 8 players a free drink to say, "our bad."

This kind of happened a few weeks ago in the PBA. While qualifying was one squad on the Cheetah and the next on Shark which are the opposite ends of the spectrum as far as pattern length and to some extent volume. Then in match play it was the left lane was dressed with the Shark and the right lane the Cheetah. This was the tournament WRW left that 8-10 to give PA the win.

Plus some amateur tournaments as well as international competitions will do it as well.

This year the PBA is trying to do something special for their 50th anniversary plus give some variety to the shows by doing some different formats.
HS:763

#79556 - 02/11/09 08:27 PM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Sam Elias Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 15/Male/Indiana/USA
I bet Norm Duke will dominate this tourney. He already plays little enough hook already, I don't see him having much complication with this.

#79561 - 02/11/09 09:46 PM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: Sam Elias]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
There is a big difference between going up the boards with a reactive and using a plastic ball for strikes. With a reactive sometimes it's good enough to just get to the pocket and pin action will create strikes but with a plastic you need a little more on the ball to actually be able to carry.

Now Duke can hook the lane if need be and I've seen him do it on TV for more than one or two frames, like who games or telecasts. As many of us on here have said before, he is a master of hand, release and speed manipulation with very few equals, but I still don't think he as the revs that will be needed to kick those corner pins on a regular basis even if it's on the Cheetah. Out of the pure strokers I think he has the best chance. I think it's going to be the tweeners and power strokers that score the best, but we have a little bit of wait to find out. I can see Couch and or Rash being up there, Barnes and Jones and possibly PDW.
HS:763

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 10/17/20 08:32 PM
Undercover Boss Bowlero
by BOSStull - 10/12/20 07:16 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 10:12 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:39 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:32 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.