BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#81227 - 02/22/09 07:38 PM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: Mkirchie]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
Agreed.

Jeff Carter had waited a long time to get his first title, and I don't think it will be his last, believe me.

It gives a player a better psychological perspective, knowing that you have won before and believing that you can do it again. He now joins Brad Angelo as far as those who have both gotten their first title and getting the proverbial monkey off their backs, all that hard work over the years on Tour has finally paid off for these two.
Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#81263 - 02/23/09 12:01 AM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: BIGHMW]
Chubbs Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 30/M/Niceville, FL
Quote of the show came from Jeff Carter after leaving a flat 10:

"That ball hit like it was plastic."

Quintana...that creep can roll, man. -Dude

Wow, that ball hit like it was plastic. -Jeff Carter

#81274 - 02/23/09 05:39 AM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: Chubbs]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Does anyone think it is ironic that the scores were higher than during the "Ultimate Scoring" pattern show? Barnes shoots 828 and 837 back to back rounds, how important is the ball really?

Meanwhile the oil pattern was so easy they had 3 or 4 boards at the break point. In fact, the shot PDW threw to beat Barnes was at least two boards inside his target at the break point and it held pocket.

#81284 - 02/23/09 09:13 AM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: CoachJim]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
I think the key is that these balls didn't destroy the pattern. It held up longer so they bowlers didn't have to move all over the place.

#81287 - 02/23/09 09:41 AM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: Lefty]
jaws1945 Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 63/M/Minnesota
This was totally unrealistic. If scores like that were that easy with plastic equipment who would pay $250 for a ball? This didn't prove anything.

#81289 - 02/23/09 09:48 AM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: jaws1945]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
jaws, scores like that are not easy with plastic equipment. That's the point. The pros are really [censored] good. House bowlers can average 220 with reactive equipment, but take that away, and most of them would be under 200. Take it away from the pros, and they still shoot 800s (back to back to back 279s for Barnes to start the round of 8).

I think the next one they do should be on wood, with very little oil, 60'. Give Mark Roth a berth while they're at it.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#81295 - 02/23/09 10:53 AM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: cgeorg]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
I think that it was very realistic. I'd like to see other people go out and bowl on a named pattern and average what they did using a plastic ball. It's really hard. Carter on that pattern normally would have had a few boards of area. Sunday, if he had 1/2 a board I would be surprised. Fagan had a little more room because of his lower speed.

Like has been mentioned, I think that this showed us how good they really are more than the House shot tourney.

#81298 - 02/23/09 11:30 AM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: General Pounder]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
Fagan had maybe 2 boards at the breakpoint, but it would also put make a 2 board difference at the pocket. He still had to make good shots - that first ball in the 10th, he turned it early - I knew it was light the second it left his hand. Those guys still had to execute.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#81299 - 02/23/09 11:37 AM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: cgeorg]
Russ I. Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 43/m/wis
The average and even above average bowler could not score that high with a plastic ball. Enough said! Just the carry they had with that ball was amazing. Rember there basically is no core in that thing and they were very accurate.
PAP 4 7/8" x 0

#81300 - 02/23/09 11:37 AM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: cgeorg]
leftykev Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: Spokane, WA
BUT, remember they did specify they were bowling on a modified Cheetah pattern, with HALF the volume of oil. That was why they were able to get the balls to react the way that did.

This doesn't take anything away from the pros that bowled on that condition. But, we wouldn't have seen the same reaction, if they bowled on the normal Cheetah pattern. Yes, they would have played a tighter line, but their ball reaction would have been diminished.

Edited by leftykev (02/23/09 11:59 AM)

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 10/17/20 08:32 PM
Undercover Boss Bowlero
by BOSStull - 10/12/20 07:16 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 10:12 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:39 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:32 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.