BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#81065 - 02/21/09 05:53 AM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: Smooth Stroker]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Quote:
Barnes looks unbeatable on this pattern, but he has had problems on tv before. I think Barnes will go against Carter but I'm pulling for Weber vs Fagan for the title.

I agree, Barnes shot an 828 the first three games of the round of 16 and an 837 with a 279 triplicate to start off the round of 8, he should use a plastic ball more often. The carry down seems to slow him down a little, but not very much.

If carry down becomes an issue, I would give the advantage to Fagan or Carter, otherwise I don't see anyone beating Barnes except Barnes.

I would have liked to see Brian Voss make the show.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#81078 - 02/21/09 09:35 AM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: CoachJim]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Barnes averaged 239.67 at 30 games, Weber 229 at 29 games, Carter 229.61 for 31 and Fagan 227.67 over 33 games with plastic on a Modified Cheetah!!!! I want to be like these guys.
HS:763

#81093 - 02/21/09 02:23 PM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
I also would have liked to have seen Voss make the show/win, to get his exemption. Oh well. I didn't get to see Pete or Barnes throw, but I think Carter will have a good shot at beating Fagan. As long as he let the ball go, he had a real nice look. Fagan was good on the fresh, but then had a bad look until it broke down enough for him to get in a wheel it to the gutter (yes, he was playing 12ish at the arrows, out to 3, and that was only game 4). I think the lanes might be in that bad state for him if his match is first. If Barnes and Pete go first, that might break them down enough for Fagan to do what he does best. I look forward to seeing how Barnes/PDW are playing - if they are using their A-game release (tons of axis rotation for Pete, up the back rollout shot for Barnes) or if they changed it up for the equipment.

Also, all the balls looked dark. I didn't notice a logo, but they could have had something. I did see some swirl patterns.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#81112 - 02/21/09 08:13 PM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: cgeorg]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
I think the pattern on plastic ball just there PBA 50 year anniversary logo.
BowlSk: Stats

#81155 - 02/22/09 08:26 AM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
CG: All I heard is that they are all Maxims. What color they are or what they look like, I don't know. If there are Ebonite logos on them, I can see why other manufacturers would be upset.

Barnes vs Weber
Fagan vs Carter

Should be a great show.

#81188 - 02/22/09 02:12 PM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: General Pounder]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
Actually the bowling balls they are using have the PBA's "50th Anniversary" logo on them.

Well, it's PDW vs. Jeff Carter for the title, two Storm staffers, and how about Jeff Carter's Eddie Van Halen-inspired shirt!!! I know Gemini is going to get a few calls (or their site is gonna get a few hits) for info on how to get one.
Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

#81193 - 02/22/09 02:18 PM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: BIGHMW]
willypbowler1 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 19/M/USA
Im saying Weber takes him by 10 or less. Both have a real nice look, Carter is throwing like a champ right now.

HG: 300 (3)
HS: 772

In the bag...
Invasion
Virtual Energy (300,772)
Reign Supreme
Complete NV
Hy-Road (300)
Fast
T-Zone

#81196 - 02/22/09 02:41 PM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: willypbowler1]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
Congratulation go out to Jeff Carter for winning his first title.

Once PDW saw Jeff pulling away he knew he was doomed, especially after missing the 3-6-10 (his eventual undoing in that title match).
Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

#81198 - 02/22/09 02:44 PM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: BIGHMW]
willypbowler1 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 19/M/USA
Very nice bowling by Jeff. He bowled well against Pete Weber, something which can be very intimidating for your first potential title.

HG: 300 (3)
HS: 772

In the bag...
Invasion
Virtual Energy (300,772)
Reign Supreme
Complete NV
Hy-Road (300)
Fast
T-Zone

#81205 - 02/22/09 03:25 PM Re: Geico Plastic Ball Championship [Re: willypbowler1]
Mkirchie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 39/M/New Jersey
I was surprised that Weber didn't bowl better in the finals. I know that he lost his carry a bit, but I figured he would win, mostly because of his experience using plastic on the pro level from earlier in his career. Either way, Carter bowled a good game to win it and deserved it.

Mark

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 10/17/20 08:32 PM
Undercover Boss Bowlero
by BOSStull - 10/12/20 07:16 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 10:12 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:39 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:32 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.