BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#7946 - 11/05/01 06:42 PM PBA Bans Use of Caddies
PBA Caddy Mike Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: Southern California
I just found out the new PBA will no longer allow PBA members to have caddies. I'm not talking about ball reps, I'm just a kid who hauls the bags for a touring pro.

My goal was to be a PBA player some day, but now what? I hope the new owners change their mind--quick!

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#7947 - 11/05/01 11:44 PM Re: PBA Bans Use of Caddies
snap da 7 Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: Illinois
The obvious question that comes to mind right away is.........Why??

I'm sure the PBA has sound reasoning for doing that, but does anyone know what that reason is?

#7948 - 12/19/02 03:52 AM Re: PBA Bans Use of Caddies
TokyoCory Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 27/Male/Japan
My thought is that the less traffic on the approach and standing area is the less chance of getting foreign material tracked down. Im sure that they take all the precautions with the caddies. Its taking it a little far to be that paranoid about that type of stuff, but then again i think its a taking it a little to far to have someone move your equiptment for you too.

#7949 - 01/17/03 11:58 AM Re: PBA Bans Use of Caddies
practicesessionleader Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 30/male/Florida
I believe it's good for the kids. I spent a little time on tour and we didn't have caddys to often, and when we did, it was mostly in matchplay. The kids never got in the way and it was exciting for them to brush elbows with the guys they grow up idolizing. If they can't be allowed then there shouldn't be scorekeepers in the bowlers circle at the World Championships either, which is a crock. Just my opinion.

#7950 - 02/02/03 08:48 AM Re: PBA Bans Use of Caddies
Bowlerski Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 40+/Male/Fremont, Michigan
I agree that it was great for the kids to get to rub elbows with their idols. While I was stationed in Las Vegas, I got to see many of the matches at the Showboat (now the Castaways). It was a real boost to the ego when you saw them struggle, and then to realize that they are human too! For the most part they were all very courteous, and would take the time to interact with other fans between matches. Autograph signing was always a great joy to get the ones you wanted, and to see others chatting and gettin them from their favorites. It's a shame that they are doing away with the caddies, and I hope that they do bring them back soon!

Tom

#7951 - 03/10/05 12:37 AM Re: PBA Bans Use of Caddies
TMorgan Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 33/M/Oklahoma
I was on tour with my father for a summer in 1989. Now while I wasn't caddying bags and balls from the paddock to the lanes, I did watch the paddock while the pros were either in their practice session or during the tourney itself. For doing this Larry Lichstien allowed me to pick a bowling ball off the truck and get it drilled. I also got to talk to each of the pros while they were in the paddock before and after the block. I had the summer of my life. a 17 year old kid in the middle of all the pro athletes he was watching on Television every weekend before that summer. It was during this time that I became a big Randy Lightfoot fan... That guy was just as nice away from the lanes in the relative privacy of the paddock as he was out in the public eye. He would bend over backwards to help someone with their game as long as they were serious about it.

#7952 - 03/15/05 04:50 PM Re: PBA Bans Use of Caddies
petrinjak Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 34/Male/Virginia
I didn't know bowling caddies existed...learn something new everyday.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Tips to get back to a semi-roller release?
by djp1080 - Today at 12:48 AM
Last Online 10 days ago
by BOSStull - 07/13/19 10:08 AM
Bowling Ball Hall of Fame
by BOSStull - 07/13/19 10:03 AM
2019 Summer Leagues
by champ - 07/09/19 12:23 AM
2019 USBC Open Championship's Las Vegas
by champ - 07/09/19 12:12 AM
So the 3-unit oil rule is dead.
by wronghander - 06/24/19 11:47 PM
tennis elbow
by TheDemolitionMan - 06/24/19 10:34 AM
Creative Bowling Solutions Power Finger Grips
by MNsportsfan - 06/24/19 09:20 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.