BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#78310 - 02/03/09 09:02 AM Re: Is it dead [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
I agree, and the finger inserts are cheap, go ahead and do it even if you don't really use it. They are somewhere between 9-15 bucks so its not going to be a big expensive deal and will give you a much better feel in the ball.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#78401 - 02/03/09 06:07 PM Re: Is it dead [Re: dmoney298]
dmoney298 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 27/M/Baltimore, MD
I'm going out either tomorrow or thursday and get them inserts. May even get my atomic charge sanded. Not sure on that but I'm definately gonna get the inserts.

#78428 - 02/03/09 08:12 PM Re: Is it dead [Re: dmoney298]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
Originally Posted By: dmoney298
Yeah I heard cold temperature can make a ball crack. I forget its in the trunk sometimes because I rarely go straight home after I bowl.

Well it no different then taking hot metal and cooling it off or a cold stone and heating it up. The extreme temp change causes brittleness and weak points, hence cracking.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#78520 - 02/04/09 11:26 AM Re: Is it dead [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Demo, very true although it does depend on the process. For instance, some metal (especially in gun manufacturing) is heat treated to improve strength. Have you ever tried drilling through metal and after about half way through it gets very very tough to eat away at the metal? This happens because the metal is getting so hot that when it cools (taking a break from the drilling) it becomes stronger than it previously was.

As far as the bowling ball goes, you are right that they do crack due to the temperature changes, causing the material to contract past its limitations.

And by the way I am not trying to disagree with you, I just figured I would add that little tidbit of info about the metal because I used to work for a gun manufacturer and had to deal with that stuff every day haha...
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#79401 - 02/10/09 08:39 PM Re: Is it dead [Re: sk8shorty01]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
sk8,
I know you aren't trying to disagree, and figured someone say something about the metal because that is how a lot of swords and beams and the like are made. Plus that also depends on the metal being used and the person who tempering and molding the metal.
Hence the reason why I added the bit about the stone/clay reacting the same way.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by wronghander - 05/23/18 08:42 PM
no one on for 5 days
by 82Boat69 - 05/23/18 04:38 PM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by Dennis Michael - 05/23/18 11:12 AM
True Motion vs. Black Widow Urethane
by Mkirchie - 05/20/18 07:28 AM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Dennis Michael - 05/12/18 06:43 PM
For the good of the sport?
by Dennis Michael - 04/29/18 10:29 PM
Superstitions?
by Dennis Michael - 04/26/18 06:09 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.