BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#79233 - 02/09/09 09:53 PM New PBA Jerseys made mandatory for 2009-10 season
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
http://www.nwbowling.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495

You can also check PBA.com for details.

How about that!

Do you guys (and gals) think it will lead to sales of replica versions of the Gemini-made PBA jerseys available to the fans who don't want to pay $150-200 for one?

I am a Storm bowler myself (although not a staff member) so I am a bit partisan towards the shirts designed for Jeff Carter (that Eddie Van Halen-inspired red shirt really kicks (you know what!), Rhino Page, PDW, and Ryan Shafer, such as I have seen during the second half of this season.

Also, which player would you want to wear on your back? My picks are already mentioned, how about you? Please have in mind your favorite players with respect to the equipment you use on the lanes. I can't wait to read your thoughts.

I can see mass marketing potential, not just for the sponsors, but also the players and for Gemini Sports, and putting the jerseys on sale at pro shops or through special order would spike sales of them IMO, almost to the current level of other pro sports leagues (NFL/CFL/MLB/NBA/NHL) and their replica jerseys. What a thrill it would be to both make a statement and bowl in league with one of these bad boys' names on your back!

Kinda tough to decide who to represent every week (Page/Weber/Shafer/Duke/etc.), but that would be a thrill to have league players who are hardcore PBA fans wearing them while they compete every week.
Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#79261 - 02/10/09 03:52 AM Re: New PBA Jerseys made mandatory for 2009-10 season [Re: BIGHMW]
beefers1 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 24/M/British Columbia
Huh, so not all of those shirts are of the new variety this season? Honestly, I'd hate to see Walter Ray bowl in one of those shirts.

I hope at least a few players keep their custom signatures on the back of their shirts; the trend seems to be that most players are switching to generic block letters. I love Parker Bohn III's signature on the back of his shirt. WRW's is also great, and so is Wes Malott's. I hope they'll stay after the rest goes.

#79309 - 02/10/09 10:25 AM Re: New PBA Jerseys made mandatory for 2009-10 season [Re: beefers1]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
I know that Storm and Roto are going to have jerseys made for the public. Ones that aren't going to cost you a couple hundred bucks. Last I heard, they were still in the development stage but that was a few months ago.

I would might buy one of the company shirts, but I won't shell out a few hundred dollars to have PDW on my back.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
The price of new bowling balls
by 82Boat69 - Yesterday at 08:57 PM
Bowling for Peanuts
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 08:35 PM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 08:18 PM
Fall Winter 2021 Leagues
by goobee - 10/18/21 02:35 PM
Plugging balance holes
by 82Boat69 - 10/16/21 05:58 PM
New Center an League
by BOSStull - 10/16/21 02:57 PM
wanted a 1 ball roller bowling bag
by goobee - 10/10/21 06:05 PM
Bowling Bag Prices
by goobee - 10/10/21 05:28 PM
How much does drilling take out of balls?
by goobee - 10/09/21 05:24 PM
2022 Open Championship
by goobee - 10/09/21 04:28 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2021 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.