BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#75116 - 01/10/09 01:49 PM Re: Your favorite PBA bowler [Re: Rack Wrecker]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
I think Norm finishes like that so that he can post his shot with no problem and watch the ball. Plus where you are finishes up at the top of the follow through can give you great insight on what you might have done wrong or right. Pete Weber is another one who finishes with his hand up in the air and his fingers usually pointing straight up with the whole hand straight. This is how it was done when they started bowling and apparently it works for them, even though we haven't seen much from Weber recently. Along with some of the others mentioned in Smooth's post, these guys make the game look effortless, with very little if any exaggerated or unneeded movements.
HS:763

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#75122 - 01/10/09 03:00 PM Re: Your favorite PBA bowler [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Rack Wrecker Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 19/M/Cleveland, Ohio
I completely agree with the making the game look effortless and smooth comment. No question about it, those bowlers seem to just fluidly slide through their shot. I personally have left my hand in that poised form from time to time to better note what happened and how it happened but I do prefer to let the arm do its natural discharge still. However, I don't think this makes the bowler any less impressive and considering how every bowler has a certain individuality to their form and their shot (If you analyzed every bowler and picked apart every tiny part of their style and approach I doubt you'd find too many that had the exact same look, if any at all. Somethings are better kept to the books, so to speak, but there will always be something that speaks to that bowler specifically and not all other bowlers will do) I find it amazing that with all the different styles and variations, each bowler can still create the same end result with different setups. I guess its kind of like pitchers in baseball, where there are plenty of different styles and forms with a certain standardized pattern that is outlined in each form, but then varied slightly to match the player individually. Think of all the crazy looking forms that pitchers have compared to one another and think of bowlers doing the same thing. I like to watch people who aren't PBA members bowl just to see the differences in form. Youtube can be both a place to explore this and see some really... well... less than successful forms

I'm an English major, "if my doctor told me I had only 6 minutes to live I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster."

#77713 - 01/29/09 05:50 PM Re: Your favorite PBA bowler [Re: Rack Wrecker]
cowboybrad27 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 26/M/Carrollton, TX
I have not watched to many events because I am new to bowling. I DVR every chance I get though. So far my fav is Wes Mallott. I like his style or bowling and he seems to have a sense of humor.
Balls: Brunswick Copperhead 15lb
Columbia White Dot 15lb (spare ball)

#77717 - 01/29/09 06:08 PM Re: Your favorite PBA bowler [Re: cowboybrad27]
JedC Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 24/m/KY
I'll have to say Eugene McCune since CoachJim said my style reminds him of McCune's. I looked it up on Youtube and was pretty surprised at how similar we are, at least in terms of being horribly off-balance at the line and kinda falling off to the right. The intensity and lane personality were kinda similar too. So until I mail in the application, it'll be McCune. When I do mail it in, I'll change my favorite to me! :P

#77743 - 01/29/09 09:09 PM Re: Your favorite PBA bowler [Re: Rack Wrecker]
Vic44 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 51/ Male/ Colorado Springs CO
My faves still actively bowling:
WRW Jr.
Chris Barnes
Petey
PB III
Sean Rash

Alltime Fave:
SIR Earl Anthony (RIP)

Thanks

Career HG: 300 (3)
Career HS: 772
Career High Avg(09-10) 217.
15-16 Avg: 189

Last year? Not pretty. No high scores worth posting from 15-16. But good times ahead. smile

#77749 - 01/29/09 09:39 PM Re: Your favorite PBA bowler [Re: Vic44]
bowlerdawg Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 00/NC
fav for sure is maximum bob
i watched the tournament he won before he turned pro using a urethane ball, and whipped everybody
maybe he should have stayed w/ urethane
just a thought

guy i root for is WRW Jr.
want to see him win some more, and PDW, like to see him win some more majors

i like couch hope he makes a full recovery

i also like the cracken, and tony reyes

#77765 - 01/30/09 12:53 AM Re: Your favorite PBA bowler [Re: bowlerdawg]
Fgreco Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 25/Male/Brick, NJ
I would have to say Norm Duke is my favorite.

Arsenal:
Ebonite Mission 2.0 16#
Ebonite V2 Sweet 16#
Ebonite Maxim Spare ball 16#
Colombia 300 Shadow/R 16#

#77770 - 01/30/09 02:11 AM Re: Your favorite PBA bowler [Re: Fgreco]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
1. Tony Reyes (Home town Pro)
2. Parker Bohn III ( been watching him since i was kid)
3. Wes Malott
4. Pete Weber
5. Tommy Jones
BowlSk: Stats

#78108 - 02/01/09 04:46 PM Re: Your favorite PBA bowler [Re: Brandon510]
KleenStriker300 Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 40/M/Iowa
I can give you my top 5 anyway:
1. Norm Duke
2. Brian Voss
3. Tommy Jones
4. Walter Ray Williams, Jr.
5. Sean Rash

#78125 - 02/01/09 09:26 PM Re: Your favorite PBA bowler [Re: KleenStriker300]
LostinSpace Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: m/Bay Area, California
David Ozio

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
No Post Available
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 12:46 PM
This is a damned shame
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:42 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.