BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#78169 - 02/02/09 11:44 AM New Ball for me
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
I was cleaning all of my equipment Saturday. I couldn't believe the amount of oil coming out of my Cell and my Paradigm. I was wiping my Paradigm off for the 3rd time when I noticed that the bridge is cracked. I had my stuff plugged and re-drilled this past summer so I could get rid of the grips. Basically he drilled out the finger holes a little bigger before he plugged it so when he drilled my fingers back in, I would be in the center of the plug. That left less than 1/4 inch between the plugs. My bridge is about 1/2 inch in all of my balls so I normally don't have to worry about cracking. We discussed the possibility of it happening going in.

Now, I am looking at replacing it. I am torn though. My next ball was going to be a T-Road Pearl to replace my X-Factor. Then replace the Paradigm with a Cell Pearl or Second Dimension. I just don't know which I should get first now. I barely use my X-Factor anyway so replacing it right now could be a waste of money. Any suggestions? I am looking for a ball that will give me late movement. I was going to get the drilled very similar anyway. Just one would hook more than the other.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#78194 - 02/02/09 02:28 PM Re: New Ball for me [Re: General Pounder]
Chubbs Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 30/M/Niceville, FL
GP-

If it were me, I'd go with the ball that I'm going to use more often first. Choosing between the 2d D and the Cell Pearl would be more difficult though. Since I also have a Cell, I'd be more inclined to the Cell Pearl. I know how you feel, though, the 2d D is new and intriguing nut.

Quintana...that creep can roll, man. -Dude

Wow, that ball hit like it was plastic. -Jeff Carter

#78195 - 02/02/09 02:31 PM Re: New Ball for me [Re: Chubbs]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
I think I would go with the Cell Pearl before the 2nd Dimension as its got a little more of a proven track record. Also it should compliment your Original Cell quite well as I would imagine thats the point of them making the Pearl version. Just my opinion, hope you come up with something good!
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#78199 - 02/02/09 02:40 PM Re: New Ball for me [Re: sk8shorty01]
General Pounder Offline

I think am going to go with the stronger ball, I just need to decide on which. I sent Schlem an e-mail on his opinion. He hasn't steered me wrong. Plus, he knows what I have and how they are drilled cause he told me what to buy and how to get them drilled. Next I need to decide whether or not to make the 60+ mile trek to have Bill Monce drill it or have my guy who drilled my cell and re-drilled my stuff this past summer. I have another buddy who is going to be getting a ball for Nationals and he wants to head up and see Bill. I may go with him.

#78206 - 02/02/09 03:04 PM Re: New Ball for me [Re: sk8shorty01]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
While the Cell Pearl has its track record and the Big Nasty making it look good, the 2nd Dimension has only been out for a little while now. I think it might be worth a shot. I mean after all Liz Johnson went 5 for 5 yesterday with it in the Carter's mixed doubles. I think the 2nd Dimension would make your bag a little bit more versatile, however, the Cell Pearl matches up, at least stats wise, more to your Paradigm.

You might want to also consider a Hy-Road drilled strong. 4 of them appeared in yesterday's show as well. However, that might end up replacing you Paradigm and your Special Agent and I'm not sure if you want to do that.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#78257 - 02/02/09 05:41 PM Re: New Ball for me [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
GP, let us know what he says. Just checked out the 2nd dimension video from bowling dot com on youtube, it looks stronger than the Cell Pearl.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#78258 - 02/02/09 05:44 PM Re: New Ball for me [Re: cgeorg]
General Pounder Offline

Will do. Depending on how busy he is, I normally get a response within a day.

#78317 - 02/03/09 09:16 AM Re: New Ball for me [Re: General Pounder]
General Pounder Offline

Here is his response:

Well dude I would have to say your best bet for strong down lane will be prolly either a Hy-Road or a T-Road Pearl.... the T-Road pearl will be the cleanest and snappiest..... hy-road as you have seen most of the season on tour is strong down lane if drilled to do so....

Now, we are discussing drilling. Here is a pic of my Paradigm. You can see that plug looks cracked. You run your finger over it and it feels fine though. The crack in the bridge is small now. The weight hole was added this past year at Nationals even though it past the previous 2 years.

Attachments
IMG00124.jpg

#78526 - 02/04/09 11:50 AM Re: New Ball for me [Re: General Pounder]
General Pounder Offline

So, he just got back to me. He said the same drilling on that I have on the Paradigm would be perfect for either the Hy-Road or the T-Road Pearl. I think that I am leaning towards the Hy-Road after seeing what it can do on tour this year. Ball just keeps going.

I asked him about a milder pearl more for house shots and he said the Street Rod Pearl. Looks like I have my next 2 balls picked out.

#78529 - 02/04/09 12:03 PM Re: New Ball for me [Re: General Pounder]
cowboybrad27 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 26/M/Carrollton, TX
Nice! When are you gonna get them?
Balls: Brunswick Copperhead 15lb
Columbia White Dot 15lb (spare ball)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by djp1080 - 0 seconds ago
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Mkirchie - Yesterday at 07:57 AM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.