BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#7794 - 03/04/01 03:22 PM 2001 Battle at Little Creek
usr bin geek Offline

A/S/L: 37/m/Burlington, VT
You can tell that they put a lot of planning and effort into putting together an awesome venue for the tournament. In my opinion it was the most impressive one yet.

It really was shame the production crew dropped the ball (excuse the pun) so early on with bad audio mixing at the start of the show, only to be followed with more technical difficulties where there was no sound at all for a few minutes. This really isn't anything new as the production crew seemed to have problems this entire swing. They really don't seem like they're capable of pulling off live broadcasts without problems.

P.S. Don't read this and think that starting a writing campaign to ESPN will help solve things. In fact writing ESPN would be the WORST thing to do because they're not responsible for the production and it would only reflect badly on the PBA and bowling in general!

[ 03-06-2001: Edited: Steve M ]
Founder

Since your questions may also be of benefit to others please post them to the board.

Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon.com Wishlist

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#7795 - 03/04/01 05:12 PM Re: 2001 Battle at Little Creek
George Freeman Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: Florida
I'll be happy to see the regular format come back. A tournament like this focuses more on who you bowl when rather than how well you bowl in relation to the rest of the field. A bowler could have shot 268-279, but if his opponent shot 270-290, he is out of the whole tournament, even if those 2 bowlers were the only ones to break 210 those 2 games. The concept is diffrent, yes, but it is flawed. Luck of the draw becomes more a factor than the actual skill of the players as a whole. The original format is much better.

However, the original format is not without its downfalls either. A player can lead a 56 game format by 500+ pins, lose one match, and come in second place. It's happened before, and perhaps the best solution lies between these two formats. However, given the 2 choices, I'd have to say the original format comes out way ahead. :p

#7796 - 03/05/01 03:15 PM Re: 2001 Battle at Little Creek
Rocket Jr Coordinator Offline

A/S/L: SoCal
I prefer the regular format, and I definitely would have prefered to see more matches on the telecast. I found myself walking out of the room during the interviews and other stuff. But for variety, it was very interesting, and I definitely like the idea of the fan vote. smile

While I agree that lay people need to know about the bowlers, and agree with several of the points made by PBA commissioner, I'd definitely rather see more BOWLING than talk.

Now we have to wait til September for more bowling *sigh*

#7797 - 03/06/01 02:01 PM Re: 2001 Battle at Little Creek
Express Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: Alanta, GA
I had to laugh at the interview they had with the commissioner. His little speech would have been better made at an industry convention and not to bowlers. This guy has to realize who he is speaking to and change his verbiage and message.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
2019 USBC Open Championship's Las Vegas
by wronghander - 05/23/19 02:15 AM
2019 Summer Leagues
by Dennis Michael - 05/17/19 09:17 PM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Dennis Michael - 05/13/19 02:12 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.