BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#7781 - 02/26/01 03:12 PM Which PBA Announcer?
Angel Offline

A/S/L: F/So Cal
Now the bowling fans have seen the four PBA color men for the telecasts: Marshall Holman, Randy Pedersen, Brian Voss, and yesterday, David Ozio.

I've never been a Marshall fan, and while I like to watch Randy bowl, he seemed to be a little over the top. Voss didn't impress me much, but Ozio in one telecast had me listening. He gets one more chance next week, but I'd give him the nod over the others on the one telecast already.

What are your thoughts?

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#7782 - 02/26/01 03:27 PM Re: Which PBA Announcer?
snap da 7 Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: Illinois
I'd like to take parts of Marshall, Randy and David and put them together. Brian Voss is terrible though, I hope he's never behind the mic again. My "order" would be:

1. Randy Pedersen
2. David Ozio
3. Marshall Holman
4. Brian Voss

#7783 - 02/26/01 03:48 PM Re: Which PBA Announcer?
usr bin geek Offline

A/S/L: 37/m/Burlington, VT
What would make me happiest is if Jim Kelly never brought up golf again. Earth to Jim, Earth to Jim. You're no longer hosting golf. Get over it already! :rolleyes:

I'd like to see just Ozio and Pedersen host the show. laugh

Who says there must be a "professional" announcer on the show? The professional doesn't even seem professional with his constant mentions of golf.
Founder

Since your questions may also be of benefit to others please post them to the board.

Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon.com Wishlist

#7784 - 03/06/01 02:05 PM Re: Which PBA Announcer?
Express Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: Alanta, GA
I agree completely with you Steve.

#7785 - 03/20/01 12:35 PM Re: Which PBA Announcer?
Bob Offline
Junior Coach

A/S/L: 46/M/Las Vegas
Ozio was the best. He did the best play by play and made it really interesting.

#7786 - 03/20/01 09:34 PM Re: Which PBA Announcer?
JennB Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 35/F/Henderson, NV
Quote:
quote:

I agree with you 110% Steve!!! laugh

Jenn

#7787 - 03/21/01 06:29 PM Re: Which PBA Announcer?
Chaozman2009 Offline
Junior

A/S/L: Flint, MI
eek surprised to hear the things about marshall. I really liked Marsh. Voss is horrible though I would agree with everyone on that. He is way to quiet and I had to turn up the set just to hear him! Randy isn't too good either. All he ever talks about is "High Flush", I must've heard him say, "that shot was HIGH FLUSH just where he wanted it!" about 50 times at least. Ozio is good, too.
The way I see it:
1.Marshall Holman (he's classic come on)
2.David Ozio
3.Randy Petersen
108.Brian Voss

#7788 - 07/27/01 02:01 PM Re: Which PBA Announcer?
BowlingFanscom Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: n/a
The PBA's long-awaited decision on who would preside in the broadcast booth has been made. Fan favorite Randy Pederson will join announcer Jim Kelly to cover the 20 ESPN broadcasts that begin in September.

Read the article at:
http://www.pba.com/news/nw_FullStory.asp?ArticleID=720

#7789 - 07/27/01 05:09 PM Re: Which PBA Announcer?
Angel Offline

A/S/L: F/So Cal
It's not surprising the PBA went with a younger color personality than Marshall. Demographics are demographics, and it's what sells advertising.

I've always enjoyed watching Randy since he did commercials out this way for a bowling supply company. Those were a tad corny, but not over the top. Perhaps Randy can settle into the role as announcer without the need for Ritalin smile

#7790 - 07/28/01 01:47 PM Re: Which PBA Announcer?
Ed Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: Baton Rouge, LA
I think ESPN would benefit more my having both Randy Pedersen and Marshal Holman. Marshal could be in the booth, keeping Jim Kelley's mind on the game instead of golf, and Randu would be great doing interviews.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Mkirchie - 10/14/18 12:15 PM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.