BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 28 29 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#76917 - 01/24/09 07:31 PM Re: USBC Open [Re: Todd]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
I practiced at greenway to get ready for nationals, and did pretty well. The only difference is the lanes at greenway are amfs which are softer than the brunswicks they use at the nationals. This means that the ball will hook more and be more rolly, where the brunswicks will tend to be more skid flippy.

It still helped me bowl better at the nationals, especially with spare shooting.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#76933 - 01/24/09 09:40 PM Re: USBC Open [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Todd Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 46/Male/Severna Park Maryland
normally they put the shot down sunday mornings, 1.00 a game......holler sometime and we can go throw a few, as soon as they put it down i will le tyou know

Ebonite
Budwiser Plastic Spare Ball all 15 lbs

#76934 - 01/24/09 09:44 PM Re: USBC Open [Re: CoachJim]
Todd Offline
League Bowler

so how about some time, you come up and bowl, i pick up the lane chareges and you give me some tips????

Ebonite

#76940 - 01/24/09 10:20 PM Re: USBC Open [Re: Todd]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Originally Posted By: Todd
so how about some time, you come up and bowl, i pick up the lane chareges and you give me some tips????

If this is directed to the Coach unfortunately he isn't able to bowl due to an injury a little over a year ago but we are glad he is still active in coaching and on this site. I plan on setting some time up with him soon myself.

As for the offer to get together and throw a few, I just might take you up on that offer when they put the pattern out. I've contemplated it the past couple years since I've heard they do it. I know also during the summer they put out the PBA patterns for their PBA league to practice on.
HS:763

#76945 - 01/24/09 11:53 PM Re: USBC Open [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Silent Mike Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 39/M/Poconos PA
I'm 90% certain I'm making my first trip July 2-3. I was asked to join a team from my local lanes. I've been wanting to do this forever and it looks like it'll be this year as long as I can dance around work and the holiday weekend.

I have some experience on the PBA patterns but that was only for a Summer and that's about it for sport patterns. Can someone describe the shot? Length of oil? Flat patterns I assume? How do they break down? Is straighter greater? I'm looking forward to it, it should be fun and a good learning experience.
Storm - Natural

#77109 - 01/26/09 10:12 AM Re: USBC Open [Re: Silent Mike]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
Mike: Some people can play basically straight up 5 with a ball that has surface during practice. I was out there when Team Tilt was bowling and they were all deep inside though. The ones who score the best start deep and get deeper. Unless you have a ton of hand, starting the ball inside and getting outside of 9 is trouble. I normally start in around 17/18 out to about 10-12. There, straighter is greater. Keep yourself out of trouble. D/S, your deeper and you will only have a couple of shots of practice. We normally get the 11:30pm D/S squad on Memorial Day. Sometimes, we get lucky and are near the end of the alley and our lanes are fresh. Has happened a few times.

The oil pattern is being released on Feb. 15th.

http://www.bowl.com/tournaments/usbcopen/National/laneconditions.aspx

#77212 - 01/26/09 08:44 PM Re: USBC Open [Re: General Pounder]
Todd Offline
League Bowler

we are 8:30pm team on the 18th and 11:30PM on the 19th

Ebonite

#77217 - 01/26/09 09:16 PM Re: USBC Open [Re: Todd]
Silent Mike Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 39/M/Poconos PA
It's official. I'll be there for sure as I have the days off of work already. I should be there July 1st-5th (Weds-Sun) and bowling on Thurs and Friday. I was reading there are some other tourneys in the area. I plan on getting what I can get into but still leave a little time to enjoy being out of PA. I'm hoping the guy running the team event can lay down a similar shot to give us an idea of whats out there.

Even on a THS equipment means a lot. I can't get over how weak all my old equipment is compared to new stuff. I'll make sure I bring stuff I trust for the trip. How many bowling balls do you normally bring? I'd like to bring 2 double ball bags if at all possible. It doesn't sound like a single strike ball and a plastic will cover it?
Storm - Natural

#77219 - 01/26/09 09:27 PM Re: USBC Open [Re: Silent Mike]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Two double ball bags is a good idea. I'm sure you've read CoachJim's post about the types of balls needed and I've heard similar things from multiple sources. There are always several side events going on around Nationals, last year one was even ran on several pairs on one end of the National Bowling Stadium. Good luck Mike, I hope to one day be able to bowl Nationals and often.
HS:763

#77287 - 01/27/09 06:46 AM Re: USBC Open [Re: Todd]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Quote:

I wish I could believe me, but like Cal said I can't bowl anymore.

I am available for coaching, if you want we could put a group together, I will give you a good rate, just let me know.

As far as tips go the best one I will give you is just let the ball roll off your hand, keep your wrist in position and don't lift with the fingers. Finger lift = severe over/under at the break point, so be nice to the ball at the release and it will be nice to you.

Page 4 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 28 29 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
2019 Summer Leagues
by Dennis Michael - 08/15/19 08:37 AM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by Dennis Michael - 08/13/19 07:06 PM
Last Online 10 days ago
by BOSStull - 08/10/19 10:03 AM
PBA 2 Game Formats and Roll-Offs (No Spoilers)
by champ - 07/22/19 05:30 PM
Tips to get back to a semi-roller release?
by djp1080 - 07/21/19 07:26 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.