BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#7717 - 08/10/06 05:51 AM 700 awards...
Silent Mike Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 39/M/Poconos PA
Last time I was in league bowling you would get patches for stuff like Big 4, 7-10 conversion, Dutch 200, triplicates, 700 etc. I filled out forms for a 700 in 2 different leagues and instead of a patch they now offer coasters it looks like?lol

Is there a place to look up what awards are available? Do they send the awards to your home or do you pick them up at the lanes(that was the old way)? I forgot all about that kind of stuff until I filled the form out last week.
Storm - Natural

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#7718 - 08/10/06 05:56 AM Re: 700 awards...
lorok Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 30/male/albuquerque
Wow, coasters? Good thing I'm not trying to get 7 for the "award." Thanks USBC, thanks for using my dues to chase after ball companies and dumping all the cool awards (a deck of cards for the 6? All the old dudes around here have 600 series' money clips!!!)

I love you USBC!

#7719 - 08/10/06 06:33 AM Re: 700 awards...
sawmill Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: ??/M/AZ
I got a coaster for 700 series as well. Would have preferred a patch as most of my other awards for last fall were. Also got a keychain with compass and some sort of pen on a chain. Don't recall what those awards were for. The coaster was fairly nice though.

#7720 - 08/10/06 07:04 AM Re: 700 awards...
bimmerman Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 55/M/Maryland
I guess I'm the odd one here. I acutally like the coaster. At least it serve a usefull function. All I ever do with my patches is stick them in a drawer. The coaster sits on the desk and gets used.

#7721 - 08/10/06 11:19 AM Re: 700 awards...
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
You won't have to worry about getting coasters next season. USBC discontinued them (probably too expensive). Unless your local association has some left, they will probably give them out until they run out.

The new award is your standard pin. Which I like better then patches, but I do have a box full of both that just sit in the dark somewhere. At least the coaster I can use.

Plus you won't have to worry about any award if you average 210 or over. They will not be giving awards for 700 if you are at that level.

Basic rule is that you fill out the paperwork for the award. The secretary takes it to their local association office. The Association Office has a stock pile of patches and pins (no rings or honor awards) and they give the appropriate award to the secretary. Secretary may give it to you as soon as they get it, or hold it until last day of the league. But its in the secretary's hands.

Women used to get an award for 750 series and any game over 275 but not over 298. When we merged I guess those went bye bye, even though I asked about them pre-merging and was told the women would continue to get their same awards.

Erin

#7722 - 08/10/06 01:20 PM Re: 700 awards...
Chris Cenotti Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 25/M/Northern California
A deck of cards for 600 series? That's not so bad, I only got a patch. Like lorok said, good thing I'm not in it for the awards.

I was considering buying a plain jean jacket and sewing all the patches on it just for fun. Then i could strut around town and wow the kids with my 75 over avg game and 145 over avg series patches. To complete the look I'd grow a bushy mustache, wear tight blue jeans, some kind of boots (cowboy or work) and wink at every woman over the age of 15.

Then I realized that my wife would disown me and I'd probably be arrested or beat-up. I guess they'll stay in the box in the closet after all.

Chris

#7723 - 08/10/06 03:00 PM Re: 700 awards...
lorok Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 30/male/albuquerque
Chris, that is one of the funniest things I've ever read on this site.

#7724 - 08/10/06 09:46 PM Re: 700 awards...
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA"> To complete the look I'd grow a bushy mustache, wear tight blue jeans, some kind of boots (cowboy or work) and wink at every woman over the age of 15. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Don't forget to grow that mullet while your at it.

Actually the playing cards were extremely popular and out of stock very early in the year.

I see a few folks with the patches on their bowling ball bags. How they got them there, I don't know. I used to put all my pins on my bowling bag, but lost tons of them that way.

Erin

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
End of Days
by steveA - 10/16/19 06:00 PM
Resurface is always a thrilling topic
by BOSStull - 10/04/19 06:17 PM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 11:01 AM
USBC Rule 12
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 10:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.