BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#7677 - 07/31/06 11:40 PM Interesting recognition by our Alley
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
There are 20 parking spaces adjoining the bowling alley. 6 are designated handicapped. The other 14 are awarded to the "Bowler of the Month" for each league. Based on pins over average in the previous month. Your name and league is on a post sign directly in front of the space.

Nice touch by the alley.

Do other alleys do anything you would consider special?
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#7678 - 08/01/06 10:10 AM Re: Interesting recognition by our Alley
SoCal Jeff Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: Orange County, CA
I like the idea - everyone likes to feel special. thumbsup

#7679 - 08/01/06 07:32 PM Re: Interesting recognition by our Alley
Silent Mike Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 39/M/Poconos PA
That's something different, I like that idea.
Storm - Natural

#7680 - 08/02/06 10:52 AM Re: Interesting recognition by our Alley
Frostbreath Offline
Junior Coach

A/S/L: 16/Male/Sweden
That's a great idea. I'd probably be able to bump in the top 14 in a couple of months. The only thing is, i don't have a car. But a deal's a deal, so they should award me with a parking space anyway laugh
(Storm Agent
(Circle TILT
(Brunswick Target Zone

Bedpusher

#7681 - 08/03/06 11:02 AM Re: Interesting recognition by our Alley
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

Maybe they would let you park your bicycle in that space. Hope you get one. I would like to see that.

There are NO age limits in bowling. smile

#7682 - 08/03/06 02:47 PM Re: Interesting recognition by our Alley
Frostbreath Offline
Junior Coach

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Originally posted by Dennis Michael:
Maybe they would let you park your bicycle in that space. Hope you get one. I would like to see that.

There are NO age limits in bowling. smile
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">More like, making it my personal space. Building a small hut with a ''No girl allowed'' sign above the entrance rotfl

We don't have this recognition, though. We're too many youths kicking adult butt, i guess :p
(Storm Agent
(Circle TILT
(Brunswick Target Zone

Bedpusher

#7683 - 08/07/06 05:47 AM Re: Interesting recognition by our Alley
Jock Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 51/M/France, right handed
Don't worry, Frostbreath,

You're only 15. You'll get over that "no girl allowed" rule pretty soon. thumbsup

#7684 - 08/07/06 12:06 PM Re: Interesting recognition by our Alley
Frostbreath Offline
Junior Coach

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Originally posted by Jock:
Don't worry, Frostbreath,

You're only 15. You'll get over that "no girl allowed" rule pretty soon. thumbsup
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">I'm still allowed to be sarcastic. It's no fun if no one notices though.

It's all part of being immature, i guess.
(Storm Agent
(Circle TILT
(Brunswick Target Zone

Bedpusher

#7685 - 08/08/06 04:55 PM Re: Interesting recognition by our Alley
Rollin' Cowboy Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 39/M/Atlanta
Good personal touch on the parking signs.

My home house really tends to play favorites with its patrons. I can walk in by myself or with the wife, and or 2-3 more people at certain times (and I never know what these times are until I'm ready to cash out.LOL)and we'll marathon or I'll marathon. Depending on who is working the main counter depends on how much I pay or we pay. Now please keep in mind that I always approach the main counter with wallet in my hand and with the notion that I constantly hope that my pockets are deep enough! Sometimes I/we pay nada. Sometimes it's half price. Sometimes it's employee discount. Sometimes it's full price. It's not the freebies or discounts that keep me returning. It's just the people that I've gotten to know. Other than that I absolutely hate the shot, the noise, among a couple of things. LOL.

Cal Russell

It takes balls to play this game.

#7686 - 08/09/06 12:23 AM Re: Interesting recognition by our Alley
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

Bowled tonite with my tuesday practice group. Each of us had 7 games. We bowled right in front of the counter. Lisa, Jerry and Jamie were working and joking with us all night. At about 10pm. a huge crowd of people came in to bowl. It's $1.50 a game after 10. The manager usually keeps an open alley on either side of us, but this time, Lisa came over to us and apologized that she had to use the alleys. Unfortunately, she had to put an immature group of high schoolers next to us. They were kidding around, walking in front of us, running from front to back, sometimes 2 or 3 bowlers on the approach at a time. It was really annoying. We closed up shop.

When we went to pay our bill, Lisa appologised again and said bowling was on the house. I refused to accept her charity. So she said, It will be $.25 each, for the whole night.

She really tries to accomodate us, but occasionally, she is swamped with customers. We understand that.
Somehow, she felt bad.

Hey, collect from the paying customers.
I'd rather have the house be solvent than closed.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
End of Days
by steveA - 10/16/19 06:00 PM
Resurface is always a thrilling topic
by BOSStull - 10/04/19 06:17 PM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 11:01 AM
USBC Rule 12
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 10:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.