BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#76553 - 01/22/09 11:51 AM What organizations do I have to join?
superchick Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 43/ female/Texas
I just joined a league as a sub last sat. I was told by different people that I had to join other organizations to be actually sanctioned. I paid $18.00 to be in the USBC. Is it mandatory that I join any other ones to be actually considered sanctioned?

Storm Virtual Gravity 14 lbs
Storm Virtual Energy 14 lbs
Storm Second Dimension 15 lbs
Storm Street Rod Solid 14 lbs
Scout Reactor 14 lbs
Brunswick Plastic 14 lbs

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#76561 - 01/22/09 12:13 PM Re: What organizations do I have to join? [Re: superchick]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
There maybe a local fee that needs to be paid. Most of the time, the league officers tell you that upfront and get that money from you at the same time as the USBC fee.

#76563 - 01/22/09 12:16 PM Re: What organizations do I have to join? [Re: General Pounder]
superchick Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 43/ female/Texas
Do i have to join the WIBC? I dont know if it even still exists.

Storm Virtual Gravity 14 lbs
Storm Virtual Energy 14 lbs
Storm Second Dimension 15 lbs
Storm Street Rod Solid 14 lbs
Scout Reactor 14 lbs
Brunswick Plastic 14 lbs

#76567 - 01/22/09 12:31 PM Re: What organizations do I have to join? [Re: superchick]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
No, local association. The WIBC doesn't exist. Here, there is a Chicagoland Association.

#76568 - 01/22/09 12:34 PM Re: What organizations do I have to join? [Re: superchick]
30 Clean Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 58/M/Tampa, FL.
Originally Posted By: superchick
I just joined a league as a sub last sat. I was told by different people that I had to join other organizations to be actually sanctioned. I paid $18.00 to be in the USBC. Is it mandatory that I join any other ones to be actually considered sanctioned?

I believe you only need to be in the USBC to be sanctioned. But you may want to ask the league officers and the house you bowl at just to be sure.

#76643 - 01/22/09 06:56 PM Re: What organizations do I have to join? [Re: 30 Clean]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
If you paid $18 chances are you have joined USBC, the State Association and the Local association. WIBC merged with ABC and YABA to form the USBC, but I think at some of the local levels there still might be some individual associations for men and women but usually that's taken care of when you pay your sanction fee.
HS:763

#76644 - 01/22/09 07:05 PM Re: What organizations do I have to join? [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
Over here in California you just have to pay USBC which is $18 only have to pay local fee if you bowl out of your local association. For example i bowl in Alameda association if i join a league in Santa Clara Assocation i have to pay the local fee, i beleive that how it is. Erin works for here local Accocation she should be able to explain or shed some light.

Edited by Brandon510 (01/22/09 07:07 PM)
BowlSk: Stats

#76646 - 01/22/09 07:10 PM Re: What organizations do I have to join? [Re: Brandon510]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Brandon, that $18 you mention includes your local fee. USBC sanction fee is only $10, I think State can only charge $1 and Local up to $10. Here we pay $20 for men, $10 USBC, $9 Local and $1 state. Women are $16.50 since the local isn't merged.
HS:763

#76666 - 01/22/09 10:38 PM Re: What organizations do I have to join? [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
Brandon you paid a state fee of $1. In Sacramento, we pay $10 for USBC, $1 for state and $8 for local. We are merged so men and women are the same. Some states do not have "state" dues. So the cost of USBC membership varies across the country. Say you live in a pretty urban area like we are. I pay my $19 each year, but I want to go to Alameda assoc to bowl at Cloverleaf with Brandon. Whatever the local dues are there, I have to pay those as well.

In order to bowl in a USBC league you MUST be a sanctioned bowler. Even if its only once to sub. You MUST be a member. Its just not an option that some can join and others don't have to if they don't want to. If the league is USBC sanctioned then 100% of the participants have to pay membership. But that membership is good for a year; one winter season and up to two summers depending on when you buy the card. But always one winter season. That membership also allows you to develope a book average and bowl sanctioned tournaments as well as gain awards for bowling achievements. If your association has multiple houses, you can bowl in any of them in sanctioned leagues.

If the local associations are not merged then there are still men's and women's. But they are still considered USBC, but not merged.

There are non sanctioned leagues. If you do not want the benefits of USBC membership then look for a non sanctioned league.

Erin

#76701 - 01/23/09 01:59 AM Re: What organizations do I have to join? [Re: Atochabsh]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
Oh i didnt know that. Thanks for the Info Erin and Cal. Now i know where my $18 or $19 i forgot how much i paid this year, goes to.
BowlSk: Stats

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
2019 USBC Open Championship's Las Vegas
by wronghander - Yesterday at 02:15 AM
2019 Summer Leagues
by Dennis Michael - 05/17/19 09:17 PM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Dennis Michael - 05/13/19 02:12 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.