BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#76800 - 01/23/09 03:45 PM Re: 16# vs 15# comment yesterday [Re: Dennis Michael]
Timotheus Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 25/M/Syracuse, NY
My two cents on this subject is that if you change ball weight you should see no difference in speed and revs (revs only if you're using the same ball drilled the same way as different balls and drillings will affect your rev rate). However you will see a difference in kinetic energy and hitting power because of the difference in momentum produced by the differeng weights. A heavier ball will have more momentum and kinetic energy than a lighter ball, which is basic physics, however rotational kinetic energy can change based on drilling and core design. It may not be an overly significant difference, but as a general rule a heavier ball will have more power behind it at impact than a lighter ball.

As for the muscling aspect of it, switching to a lighter ball will magnify any muscling issues you had already because you're muscles will be going like you are using the heavier ball, but won't be working as hard to support the lighter weight. The end result of this is that you will impart greater speed and power at release which will decrease results at impact. My observation on this is based on the video I posted up at the start of last season (2007-2008) where I was told by numerous people on this board that I had a controlled (muscled) armswing. It took me almost a full year to figure out how to correct this problem, but once I did I noticed a tremendous difference in not only accuracy, power and control, but also I wasn't as tired, my forearm wasn't as sore and I had much better balance. In that time I used balls ranging in weight from 15lbs to 16lbs and I noticed no difference in speed, control or balance if I was throwing correctly.

Dennis: I'm having a couple issues similar to yours where I hit a 230-250 game for the first two and then bomb to 190 in the 3rd. I did that this week in league, though I know why: a couple times I missed inside leave a 6-7-10 and a 4-6-7-10, and then I made an incorrect adjustment.
16lb Roto-Grip Neptune (light and dry)

High game: 300
High series: 779

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.