BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#74895 - 01/08/09 01:05 PM Re: New ball time is close [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Just remember that the videos you watch on youtube are usually watching a player with an extremely high rev rate to really show the power hook that players want to see. I always take those with a grain of salt, because most players games are so different that just because that ball rolls well for them, that doesn't mean it will for me. Hope that makes sense, and for the record, I do use those videos I just don't expect my ball to react quite like that.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#74905 - 01/08/09 03:40 PM Re: New ball time is close [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Rack Wrecker Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 19/M/Cleveland, Ohio
Yes, the uprising is quite a powerful ball and definitely loves the skid/flip. as said before, the video is presented with a good amount of revs and for the uprising, light oil. However, I can say this: even on medium oil the uprising still looks similar to that for me at least. The biggest issue is that sometimes, just like any other ball, if the oil is too high it won't pull back to the pocket all the way. Just adjust the line really.

As for me, most of my balls have the arching motion on the hook. My playmaker arcs, my neptune arcs, my predator arcs but is closer to the skid/flip than others, and I prefer the arc motion myself just because its easier to judge. the biggest reason why I liked the uprising was because of its hitting power and the way it cut so angular. like I've said, I took the surface to 2000 with the pin below the fingers and I use it on swing shots, longer patterns, and higher oil. The skid/flip really makes a strong comeback on the swing shots and even when it hits high flush or low, the hitting power likes to whip the pins for better carry.

for the layout question I know that if you go directly to the manufacturer's website, for instance search Track Bowling in a google search and go to the main site, (I can't recall the exact url though I'm sure its a fairly obvious one haha) and look up the specific ball you're interested in, for instance the up-rising. When you get to the page displaying the ball it will usually give you the option of looking at the shelf talker, the sales charts or something, and drill patterns/layouts. You can then look at a pdf file (usually pdf) of the recommended drill layouts and the reaction that most fits them. This holds true for most other major ball companies, actually all of them that I've looked at have this option

I'm an English major, "if my doctor told me I had only 6 minutes to live I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster."

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
End of Days
by steveA - Yesterday at 11:45 AM
Duplicating the reaction of an obsolete ball
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 10:29 AM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 08:41 AM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Richie V. - 08/16/18 01:06 PM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by wronghander - 08/07/18 08:45 PM
Short Pin to Axis Layouts for Full Rollers?
by nord - 07/28/18 04:27 PM
Axis Weight Layout for Full Roller?
by Mkirchie - 07/28/18 07:45 AM
PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox
by Gutterballqueen313 - 07/25/18 01:50 PM
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 07/24/18 08:26 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.