BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#74367 - 01/03/09 12:40 AM Finally....a video!
howiegroove Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 28/M/Orlando, FL
Hey everyone.... I finally got around to posting a video of my approach and my shot. Let me know what you think. If you go to my youtube page, you will see an earlier video of me bowling. I think I have come a long way. My average is 20+ pins higher from 6 months ago. Still....let me know what you think.

CG - try to be nice! wink

15# Ebonite NVD
15# Hammer Hot Sauce
15# Track Uprising
15# Track Kinetic Pearl
15# Hammer Emerald Vibe
15# Roto-Grip Clear (spares)

VISE IT System

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#74389 - 01/03/09 08:52 AM Re: Finally....a video! [Re: howiegroove]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Wow very much improved Howie. The next thing you need to work on is increasing your ball speed. Many of your shots were going high, mostly because of lack of speed. To increase your speed, try holding the ball 6" higher and step back 6 to 18" on the approach so your feet will have enough room to speed up to match the swing. Don't think about speeding your feet up, just do everything the same and let it happen naturally.

Keep up the good work, you are almost to the point where someone would have to be there with you to help you as you are looking pretty good as far as online video quality goes.

#74399 - 01/03/09 12:42 PM Re: Finally....a video! [Re: CoachJim]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
A lot of the shots looked good. I noticed that on a few of them, you got tentative, and it looked like you slowed down the initial drop of the ball, which led to muscling the rest of the swing, and you pulled the ball. You can't see it on the right lane so much, but the shots around 1:00 and 1:20 stood out. Your backswing is already pretty high, so the CoachJim method may depend on your being able to speed your feet up, which will add that speed to your ball as long as you keep the release clean (it looked like a couple of them were grabbed a bit, which slowed the ball down). If that doesn't add enough though, don't be afraid to move left. Your release looks a lot better now - it still looks like you spin it a bit, but your hand is in a much better position on the ball now.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 10/17/20 08:32 PM
Undercover Boss Bowlero
by BOSStull - 10/12/20 07:16 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 10:12 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:39 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:32 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.