BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#71490 - 11/25/08 08:30 PM Problem with not oiling the lanes.
Justinmill14 Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 18/male/Tennessee
Well as you can see my sat. youth league average is a lot lower than my highschool team one. My highschool team would be higher than that but at beginning of the season for the first 5 matches I started out with a 158 average. After that I worked on spares and pretty much every aspect of my game because I knew I should be doing better than that. Since then I have averaged 191 which obviously as you can see has put me at 179. Any ways back to the topin, for I youth league, the bowling alley has only oiled the lanes once before we have played and that is out of the 9 weeks we have had. They usually let the oil carry over from either Friday and sometimes Thursday. The lanes are pretty much like concrete, and I'm not the one to usually complain about lane conditions but this is just rediculous how bad it is. Now I know that not many people respect junior bowlers like they do other bowlers but I still think they should atleast take the time to oil the lanes for us. Anybody have any ideas on what I should do. And don't suggest another house cause there are none around here lol.
Cell Pearl
Furious
Reign
Natural
Hammer Onyx Vibe
Columbia 300 Outburst

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#71492 - 11/25/08 09:41 PM Re: Problem with not oiling the lanes. [Re: Justinmill14]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
Find out how much you pay for lineage. Each week you pay a certain amount. Of that amount some goes to lineage, some goes to the secretary and/or treasurer and some goes into prize fund or trophies. Find out how much your league pays for lineage. Then ask around and find out how much other leagues (adult especially) in your house are paying for lineage. You will probably find that the Jrs pay less, on the premis of the house trying to give the kids a break. But you can also have a league meeting and try to find out a way you can put more money into lineage so that you can get the lanes oiled.

Otherwise you can bowl in an adult league if you think they get better lane conditions. You'll need a parental permission slip and give up all opportunities to earn scholarship monies but you can do it. Rule 13

Erin

#71633 - 11/27/08 08:38 PM Re: Problem with not oiling the lanes. [Re: Atochabsh]
Justinmill14 Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

Thanks Atochabsh, I am not willing to give up scholarship money so I dont want to go that route. But, I can say that for Junior league it is $9 a week and that is how much it is for the adults. So I Don't know how that works.
Cell Pearl
Furious
Reign
Natural
Hammer Onyx Vibe
Columbia 300 Outburst

#72688 - 12/11/08 11:36 PM Re: Problem with not oiling the lanes. [Re: Justinmill14]
Smooth23 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 23/M/Jackson, MI
Wow, I've never seen a league anywhere $9/week.. everywhere is $13 minimum around here. And if you think normal league conditions are always perfect, you really have got some learnin to do!

#72773 - 12/12/08 10:14 PM Re: Problem with not oiling the lanes. [Re: Smooth23]
Justinmill14 Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

I know that lane conditions aren't always that good but considering that the lanes are oiled before each league all through the week for every league except ours its kind of hard to think that way.
Cell Pearl
Furious
Reign
Natural
Hammer Onyx Vibe
Columbia 300 Outburst

#72785 - 12/13/08 12:56 AM Re: Problem with not oiling the lanes. [Re: Justinmill14]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
Usally Junior League will have Youth Director Running the league. You and other bowler may want to bring it up youth director and she should bring it up the house manager and see if they can start oiling the lanes.

BowlSk: Stats

#72806 - 12/13/08 01:10 PM Re: Problem with not oiling the lanes. [Re: ]
Rack Wrecker Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 19/M/Cleveland, Ohio
I agree with [censored-bu] in the fact that dry lanes are jsut another obstacle we as bowler must overcome. Since they do make balls for such conditions, I myself just had to go that route and buy one just because I've been hit by the dry lane curse as well. It got so bad that I literally couldn't use any of my balls. I ended up using a house ball and trying anything from 2 fingers, cuz I couldn't fit the thumb, or straight shots. Now I think I have managed to overcome this issue with this new ball but still.

As for the leagues, I would try talking to the lanes people too. At the very least they would notice the problem. Best of luck!

I'm an English major, "if my doctor told me I had only 6 minutes to live I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster."

#72822 - 12/13/08 04:15 PM Re: Problem with not oiling the lanes. [Re: Rack Wrecker]
Justinmill14 Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

You guys are right and I agree with you, bowling on the dry lanes will help make me better but I just hate bowling on dry lanes week in and week out. And the lanes are so dry that people are getting scratches all over their balls. And some of them are pretty deep.
Cell Pearl
Furious
Reign
Natural
Hammer Onyx Vibe
Columbia 300 Outburst

#72825 - 12/13/08 04:49 PM Re: Problem with not oiling the lanes. [Re: Justinmill14]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
If the ball surface looks roughed up like it was sanded, that's the lane. If there are actual scratches, that's usually from gutterballs or the machinery, unless they are limited to the track area.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#72931 - 12/14/08 12:32 PM Re: Problem with not oiling the lanes. [Re: cgeorg]
Justinmill14 Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

Well it must be in the return because I can't remember the last time I through a gutterball with my strike ball. Now with my spare ball maybe, but most are coming on strike ball.
Cell Pearl
Furious
Reign
Natural
Hammer Onyx Vibe
Columbia 300 Outburst

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by IronMike - 1 second ago
I'm pizzed at my ball driller
by Dennis Michael - 04/14/18 04:37 PM
Better Polish
by W9JAB - 04/14/18 09:03 AM
Recommendations requested
by BOSStull - 04/14/18 08:34 AM
It can't come fast enough
by BOSStull - 04/14/18 08:21 AM
Original Gamebreaker
by BOSStull - 04/14/18 07:28 AM
Some awful lane conditions
by Jason_C - 04/09/18 07:08 AM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by champ - 04/07/18 08:39 PM
A question of degrees
by Fin09 - 04/06/18 01:28 PM
The final cut (Balls in the bag and their job)
by mmalsed - 04/04/18 12:09 PM
For the good of the sport?
by Dylan585 - 03/31/18 11:30 PM
12 pound ball?
by Jason_C - 03/30/18 12:02 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.