BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#72800 - 12/13/08 11:39 AM Shark Championship
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
With the Round of 16 over, the field is set for Sunday's telecast. Three of the four made the show last year at this stop, Rhino Page, Wes Malott and Patrick Allen, and Parker Bohn made it the previous year which was the first year the Tour was in Baltimore in a long time. You think these guys like this place? Allen is the fourth seed and starts the step ladder against Bohn, with Malott being the second seed and Page waiting in the first seed.

On the Womens side Carolyn Dorin-Ballard squares off against Jodi Woessner.

What are everyone's thoughts on the outcomes? I think Page has set himself up to win his second ever title and Dorin-Ballard will finish off here dominating week of sitting on the top seed and win back to back titles.
HS:763

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#72810 - 12/13/08 01:28 PM Re: Shark Championship [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
I think that big Wes wins #2 for the year and CDB wins her second in a row. Should be fun to watch.

Edited by General Pounder (12/13/08 01:29 PM)

#72812 - 12/13/08 01:54 PM Re: Shark Championship [Re: General Pounder]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
Malott, CDB.

3 of the 4 top guys being lefties says something about the shot, but the fact that Wes made it up there also says something about his look on the lanes. He has a real unique roll, and it seems that he often gets real big scores in places of the lane no one else can play, when other righties are struggling. Given that he has the ability to set the lanes up for himself, I think he'll be pretty unbeatable. The thing that's hurt him on TV lately has been when he doesn't quite get the axis rotation on the ball that he needs, so as long as he comes out of the gate getting around the ball, he's my top pick. Add to that that the lefties are going to have a lot more traffic than they've had all week. That may be a good thing on this pattern, but it will change the look that got them where they are.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#72826 - 12/13/08 05:16 PM Re: Shark Championship [Re: cgeorg]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
I also have got to say The Big Nasty and the CDB to take the titles, but look out for Rhino Page. He is more than motivated to show everyone that he is no "one-hit wonder", and that last year was no fluke when he made 5 shows (and having to go through the TQR every week to do so at that!!!).

BTW, since CDB has already won this year, Jodi Woessner receives an automatic berth into the season-ending Women's challenge, no matter what happens.
Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

#72835 - 12/13/08 06:48 PM Re: Shark Championship [Re: BIGHMW]
Satyuros Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 19/m/Alberta Canada
When parker bohn gets on TV, he bowls exceptional. it'll be interesting to see him play on the shark pattern, since he's made a lot of televised appearences on the cheetah. Which shows that from back to back weeks, he must be bowling REALLy well to make it from basically the easiest pattern to the hardest pattern. I think Parker or Wes will take it.
Storm T-road Pearl
Ebonite Maxim Blazing Fire
Hammer Black Widow Venom
Morich Seek and Destroy(old)

High Single: 300
High Series: 747
League Average: 209

#72847 - 12/13/08 09:24 PM Re: Shark Championship [Re: Satyuros]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
I like to see Parker or Wes get there second title of the year.
BowlSk: Stats

#72870 - 12/13/08 11:24 PM Re: Shark Championship [Re: Brandon510]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
Oh but beware, beacuse there is no way to stop a charging Rhino (Page that is) when he is locked in.
Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

#73004 - 12/15/08 01:38 PM Re: Shark Championship [Re: BIGHMW]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
Congrats to Rhino and to Jodi. Jodi for bowling great and Rhino for hanging in there. That was a match of who could get lucky. I just got done watching it. Wes looked unstoppable but he lost his rythym then his line. It happens.

PA was throwing Storm on the telecast. I thought that he was on Hammers staff.

#73008 - 12/15/08 01:52 PM Re: Shark Championship [Re: General Pounder]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
Remember kids - make your single pins!

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#73009 - 12/15/08 01:53 PM Re: Shark Championship [Re: General Pounder]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
Perhaps PA is a free agent this year or recently became a free agent and bowls with whoever will sign him for that week or year. But you're right GP, last time I saw PA, he was rockin' Hammer.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
End of Days
by steveA - 10/16/19 06:00 PM
Resurface is always a thrilling topic
by BOSStull - 10/04/19 06:17 PM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 11:01 AM
USBC Rule 12
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 10:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.