BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#72730 - 12/12/08 11:00 AM Re: Pro-Am in Baltimore...What to expect? [Re: Dan300]
Chubbs Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 30/M/Niceville, FL
The only problem with playing out is that is where the pattern is flattest. If you play in and stay with it, you can build up some hold area to your left and use a ball with surface to plow out a track area. I've had success using my Cell for this at the start of a block. As I move in my Cell will start to hit a little flat as it has a very smooth drilling, so I will change to a ball with a stronger back end.

Playing further right does make it easier to carry on your good shots, but you do not have nearly as much slop area as you do if you play in.

Quintana...that creep can roll, man. -Dude

Wow, that ball hit like it was plastic. -Jeff Carter

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#72734 - 12/12/08 11:36 AM Re: Pro-Am in Baltimore...What to expect? [Re: Chubbs]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
True, there isn't as much area out there. But, what you will do by playing a ball with surface out there is create a bumper zone. One of the guys I was bowling against this summer had a No Mercy sanded to 320 and was throwing it outside. He burned a nice track for the rest of us. That created area.

#72740 - 12/12/08 12:24 PM Re: Pro-Am in Baltimore...What to expect? [Re: General Pounder]
Chubbs Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 30/M/Niceville, FL
Also true, GP.

It is a risk-reward proposition. If there is a track plowed on the outside then it may become playable out there. However, if you happen to leak it through that track area, you're looking at a 3 or even a 1 count when it hits the OB area beyond 40 ft. If you leak one right while playing in, you may still have a chance to leave a flat 10 or a 2 assuming you're ball speed is under control.

Quintana...that creep can roll, man. -Dude

Wow, that ball hit like it was plastic. -Jeff Carter

#72758 - 12/12/08 05:14 PM Re: Pro-Am in Baltimore...What to expect? [Re: Chubbs]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
It is a Pro-Am which is a no tap (9 counts as a strike) tournament, so carry is not as important as hitting the pocket.

Play where you feel most comfortable, I was able to put up some pretty good numbers playing inside, but I have a high axis rotation and can slow my ball speed down enough to get the ball to break sharp enough to carry. If you have a low axis rotation then you may do better playing more direct to the pocket from outside. I just wouldn't expect the ball to hook back from too far out near the gutter.

#72760 - 12/12/08 05:41 PM Re: Pro-Am in Baltimore...What to expect? [Re: CoachJim]
Jay R. Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 21/M/Tacoma, WA
I think I have around 45 degrees of axis rotation. We were on the Shark for the first 5 weeks of my PBAX league this year. If I threw up 5 on the Shark(Rival at 2000 Abralon) without changing my roll, the ball would go through the nose. I couldn't figure out why honestly, I figured 44 feet would have hooked less. Of course, moving a bit a play breakpoint of 5 was super touchy. I guess that's because of how flat it is out there. I found my best look using my Counter Strike about 12 out to 10. Still not that good, but what could I do. I kinda wish I could get another try at the pattern to see if playing tighter inside and slowing down would do anything.

#72911 - 12/14/08 08:28 AM Re: Pro-Am in Baltimore...What to expect? [Re: Jay R.]
GunsTariq Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 25/M/Gwynn Oak, MD
Thought I'd give you guys a treat. Enjoy (if I knew how to embed on here it would be easier)

Like it or not, bad strikes keep continues strings.

#72919 - 12/14/08 09:05 AM Re: Pro-Am in Baltimore...What to expect? [Re: GunsTariq]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
Very cool Guns.

#72928 - 12/14/08 12:01 PM Re: Pro-Am in Baltimore...What to expect? [Re: General Pounder]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
Looks like everyone was having fun. Thanks for the video. Was that taken with a digital camera or an actual video camera? I have a new camera, but have not experimented with the video part of it yet.

Erin

#72948 - 12/14/08 06:10 PM Re: Pro-Am in Baltimore...What to expect? [Re: Atochabsh]
GunsTariq Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 25/M/Gwynn Oak, MD
Originally Posted By: Atochabsh
Looks like everyone was having fun. Thanks for the video. Was that taken with a digital camera or an actual video camera? I have a new camera, but have not experimented with the video part of it yet.

Erin

I used a digital camera to get a whole bunch of video shots then I used movie maker on my computer to compile that movie.

Like it or not, bad strikes keep continues strings.

#72949 - 12/14/08 07:13 PM Re: Pro-Am in Baltimore...What to expect? [Re: GunsTariq]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Nice shots, Guns. Thanks.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Good morning everyone...
by Mkirchie - Yesterday at 09:52 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.