BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 31 of 315 < 1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 314 315 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#72270 - 12/06/08 06:03 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Justinmill14]
Richie V. Offline
Virtual League Secretary,
Virtual League Champion x4

A/S/L: 51/M/Brockton, MA
I don't usually post about my open bowling here, but I thought I would today b/c I had a breakthrough:

190-221-176=587

Or 47 pins over my league average...bowling on the tougher Monday night shot rather than my normal league condition. I did two things differently than the last time I was on the Monday night condition: I played more where I usually play my THS (stand 17, target 6 @ the arrows), and also tried something CoachJim suggested...uncupping my wrist at release to get an earlier reaction. I might've thought about entering The People's Tournament's year-end tournament (which was why the Monday night shot was down), but since I would've had to pay $150 to enter (less than 3 TPT entries), I decided against entering this weekend. However, I'm not as scared now to enter another tournament, knowing I have a chance to do well on the tournament condition. laugh
IQ Tour Fusion
Reign of Fire
Tropical Breeze
Fast
T-Zone

Career Highs
Avg.: 197 (Summer 2008)
Book: 186
Series: 707
Game: 288

Current
Brunswick Mixed - Avg: 179 HS: 646 HG: 269
Sunday Niters - Avg: 179 HS: 676 HG: 259
Composite Avg: 179

The Tenth Board: My bowling blog
Richie's BowlSK profile

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#72276 - 12/06/08 07:01 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Richie V.]
Justinmill14 Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 18/male/Tennessee
Nice shooting Richie. You beat me by 27 pins. =( maybe next time. Lol
Cell Pearl
Furious
Reign
Natural
Hammer Onyx Vibe
Columbia 300 Outburst

#72298 - 12/06/08 11:39 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Justinmill14]
NewEnglandBowler Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 24/m/MA, USA
549. league started well, then i fell apart in the last game. i'm not focused on the game right now.
HS: 766 (4/25/13)
Career:
HG: 300 (4/11/12) VG Nano
HS: 766 (4/25/13) Jet Black Taboo

League
Innovate, First Blood, Jet Black Taboo, T-Zone Orange

#72327 - 12/07/08 01:40 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: NewEnglandBowler]
Satyuros Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 19/m/Alberta Canada
The last couple weeks for me have been brutal, I think my average has dropped by like 5 or something, haha. Been qualifying for tournaments, so now I'm in the last spot for one tournament waiting on the guy below me to finish to see if he beats me out. He's gotta shoot 850 for 4, so he's got his work cut out. Yesterday I shot 907 for 4, averaged 227. Bowled well, except my last game, shot 208 with the front 6. Yeah, I know. Front 6, big four, strike, 7 pin miss, big four minus 10 pin. Love it. Shot 259 after that for a fifth game for additional qualifying for another tournament, an adult one. Had a good day. Haha, funny story from the week before. Left a 10 pin. I throw my spares hard, but this has never happened to me. Missed just a fraction left. The ball bounced off the back off the pit, and hit the 10 pin, tripping it forward. I'm fairly certain this counts, since the ball didn't go in the gutter, but I'm not actually sure. If someone could let me know, that'd be great, haha.
Storm T-road Pearl
Ebonite Maxim Blazing Fire
Hammer Black Widow Venom
Morich Seek and Destroy(old)

High Single: 300
High Series: 747
League Average: 209

#72333 - 12/07/08 03:21 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Satyuros]
MJA Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 35/M/Ft. Wayne IN
Just got back from a tournament, shot 620 and missed the cut by 20 pins. Have to try again next time.
15# Crossroad
"all with switch grips"

#72338 - 12/07/08 06:55 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: MJA]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
Friday was another abyssmal night for me, I couldn't get my ball to turn. I left more variations of the 1,2,4, 10 to last me a lifetime, but near the end I believe I found something that will help me improve. Oh well, I don't remember the games but it was a 428 series. brickwall seeingstars cry

On a side note I took Amateur's advice and decided to throw my Scout with my little finger exstended and my index finger in close, and come completely underneath the ball. Staight and true, for most of the night. Still needs some work because I didn't hit as solid or straight on as I would've liked. Regardless, I was 5 for 6 on single pin spares ( I got stuck on the approach shooting for a 5 pin). 3 for 4 on my 8 count spares. So that was cool. grin

Edited by TheDemolitionMan (12/07/08 07:01 PM)
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#72346 - 12/07/08 11:39 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
JedC Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 24/m/KY
Struggled quite a bit tonight. 217, 204, 201. Just couldn't carry well or string anything together. The good news was I fixed my 10 pin problem, so even in a weak scoring performance, I made progress. Plus, we swept, so there were a lot of positives.

#72347 - 12/07/08 11:59 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Jay R. Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 21/M/Tacoma, WA
Originally Posted By: TheDemolitionMan
On a side note I took Amateur's advice and decided to throw my Scout with my little finger exstended and my index finger in close, and come completely underneath the ball.

You must mean Infernocal.

Yesterday was an average day, literally. I walked in to my PBA league with a 172 average, and finished with 691 for 4. That's an average of 172.75. I walked in to my handicap league with a 199 average and finished with a 597 which is 199 exactly. I wish I would have scored better there, but that didn't work out due to some spare problems.

#72351 - 12/08/08 07:22 AM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Jay R.]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
173, 199, 213, 202, 158. The cut was probably around par - I didn't stick around to find out. I was 16 out going into the last game, but I had to finish on a pair that only gave up 4 200s out of 26 bowlers.

The shot was good - every part of the lane was playable, though I noticed a lot of guys who started out around 3rd arrow had trouble later. I started out straight up 6 with the Big One, and ended up straight up 5 with the Total Inferno. It was an Execution contest, not a carry contest - that said, I had some pretty [censored] carry in game 4 that could have cost me making the cut. I was in the pocket on every shot, and left 5 single pins. Never had carry like that playing outside. Even left a 9 on a ball that had rolled out. How does a rolled out ball leave a 9? Anyway, 5 missed single spares (one of which I stuck, 4 of which were bad Execution) might have made the difference. I'll find out when they post the results. I'll get a link to the BowlSK as well once I enter it - the center had no reception, so I couldn't do it while I was bowling.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#72356 - 12/08/08 09:19 AM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: cgeorg]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
Now I love bowling about as much as the rest of you guys. But after this weekend......maybe not so much. Bit off a little bit more then I could chew.

Friday night league at 9:15. Nothing, strike here and there, lots of spares, couple of dumb misses. 590. We get out of there about 12:30am, home about 1am Taco Bell in hand.

Next morning tournament. I guess when we signed up for this monster it seemed like a good idea, either that or we were drunk. 5 man 6 gamer. You move after three games to another pair. I find a replacemet for Mark who has a hand issue right now and shouldn't be bowling. So we're in well under the cap with a bit of handicap. MAMBO stands for Mexican American Bowling Org. www.mambo.org And the tournaments are nortorious drinking parties that draw folks from Fresno, Bakersfield, Bay Area, Stockton etc..... They are a blast to say the least. Anyway, we had a full house 32 teams of 5. We get 1 and 2 for the first three "yuck" but much better then 13 and 14 so I'm optomistic. Our lowest average bowler is a new bowler and this is her second tournament; she's nervous. The rest of us are fine, but only two of us really get on the horse and have some decent scores. I finish the first three with a damaging 573. We break for pizza (one per team) and they oil the lanes. Usually they don't oil the lanes but I guess they figured with the eating pizza they had time. Unfortunately a 45 min break only allowed more business to go to the bar. Start of the second set, finds two of my teammates a bit drunk. I had helped out in the Pro Shop so I was unaware of how much they'd been enjoying the break. Still after 4 games we were in a position to cash if we could just hold on the last two games. New pair is 21 , 22 a familiar and comfortable pair for us. We should have shot lights out. But one of us (our new bowler) gets very high maintenance and we drop from 8th place to 17th that 5th game. Oh well, I shoot 650 the second set and we basically bombed. Our new bowler calls for a ride, we head off to our assoc. Christmas party. 6 games.....7 1/2 hours of bowling!!

I'm beat. But Sunday we have travel league. So we're up early and on the road to Modesto. McHenry Bowl. Looks nice, but looks can be deceiving. LOL I'm tired and not all that fired up for another three games. The approaches were very tacky synthetics which I hate. And its dark. Even though this is a beautifully remodeled bowl, its dark as a tomb. Really dark. You cannot even see which ball is yours they all look black. Only lighting they had was the cosmic lighting and lane lights. I shoot 513 with more splits then I've seen in months. The shot was OK, just no hold. I had footing issues all set. When you bowl on Sunday afternoon, you never know what you are going to get. Sometimes they oil, sometimes they don't. We bowled at 1pm. We arrived at 10:30 for some prior meetings and they were not oiling the lanes. So my guess is that they oiled the lanes first thing that morning or not at all. That's all part of a travel league.

So here I sit 6am, can't sleep, but at least with the knowledge that I have until Wed with no bowling. :-} MAMBO was still really fun. Even though we tanked, we had a good team, a fun team and a good day. Only one of us was regretting the fun the next day.

Erin

Page 31 of 315 < 1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 314 315 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Duplicating the reaction of an obsolete ball
by BowlerBill - Yesterday at 07:05 PM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by wronghander - 08/07/18 08:45 PM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by Vic44 - 08/04/18 10:41 PM
Short Pin to Axis Layouts for Full Rollers?
by nord - 07/28/18 04:27 PM
Axis Weight Layout for Full Roller?
by Mkirchie - 07/28/18 07:45 AM
PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox
by Gutterballqueen313 - 07/25/18 01:50 PM
End of Days
by Gutterballqueen313 - 07/25/18 01:41 PM
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 07/24/18 08:26 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.