BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#72334 - 12/07/08 04:38 PM PLEASE HELP ME
jablancer2010 Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 17/M/OH/USA
ok this is my second post and im admitting i need help so please dont tell me i have some bad habits i realize that. i have always liked playing a lot of boards and i have developed some bad habits because of it and am trying to fix them. i force the ball a lot and i am not as consistent as i need to be. i want to throw a more relaxed ritger kind of ball but i still crave the revs and the speed. please help me with this any tips or suggestions on how to do this and be consistent please help!!!

Edited by jablancer2010 (12/07/08 04:44 PM)

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#72335 - 12/07/08 06:23 PM Re: PLEASE HELP ME [Re: jablancer2010]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
If you want to have a more relaxed swing than you should let the ball do the work, i.e. don't pull the ball down into your backswing. Also it looks like your timing is late which is causing you to not get out of the ball as well as you could. Additionally, I would suggest a steady or rather, an approach taht is all the same speed. It looks like you take a step then take one or two stutter steps and then start your last two. It seems like you technically have a two step approach. I would suggest that you keep your steps the step length and speed so you don't have to start and stop, causing you to muscle and generate force. You can generate just as much energy without those strutter steps. I suggest watching TJ or Ken Simard. They have relatively fluid approaches and you play kind of like them. Lastly, it looks like you might be bending your elbow at your release to get more on the ball, but I can't really tell from the video.

Hope this helps.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#72348 - 12/08/08 12:10 AM Re: PLEASE HELP ME [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
txbowler Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 38/M/Texas
One of the toughest things to do is change your approach to the "book". For this reason, I don't teach "the book" approach - unless it's a brand new bowler. We all have our own approaches, push aways, and deliveries.

Your profile says your current average is 203. So, you must be doing something right. LOL Start picking on some of those "bad habits" you say that you have - and work on the ones that are killing your accuracy at the foul line - pick off one at a time. I'll need to see more videos before I can start picking a lot of things out for you to work on to push your average higher. However, there are a couple of things I'd have you work on from what I can see now. I'd like to see you get a little lower at the foul line and put that ball down gently. There's a "pop" at the end of your release that's probably causing accuracy and consistency problems. Bend those knees a little more and land that ball like an airplane. I also don't see a complete loose arm follow through - it appears as if you're trying to control the follow through too much. Get more fluid and loose on your delivery and remember to stay square with your target line.

Send more videos - I'd like to see more. I think you're doing great - and don't beat yourself up so much on all the habits that you think you have. There's a lot of coaches out that would have changed Walter Ray's approach and delivery to "the book".

Edited by txbowler (12/08/08 12:11 AM)

#72417 - 12/09/08 12:01 AM Re: PLEASE HELP ME [Re: txbowler]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
Yes another video would be nice. Get two shots this time. One from the side and one from behind.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Plugging balance holes
by BOSStull - 03/27/20 07:27 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 03/27/20 07:20 PM
2020 Nationals
by Doogie - 03/20/20 10:30 AM
This is a damned shame
by 82Boat69 - 03/17/20 07:48 PM
Belmo and the 2020 US Open
by BOSStull - 03/17/20 07:45 PM
COVID-10 and center closings
by BOSStull - 03/17/20 07:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.