BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#72288 - 12/06/08 10:00 PM Your favorite PBA bowler
Justinmill14 Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 18/male/Tennessee
Well, the title pretty much says it. Who is your favortie pba bowler?
Cell Pearl
Furious
Reign
Natural
Hammer Onyx Vibe
Columbia 300 Outburst

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#72292 - 12/06/08 10:41 PM Re: Your favorite PBA bowler [Re: Justinmill14]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
I would be lying if I didn't say Tommy Jones.

He is practically the face of both the present and future of the Tour, for the man who was fastest between 1st and 10th titles (by 4 days- 2 years, 6 months and 7 days, the record was formerly 2 years 6 months 11 days, held by the late great [censored] Weber), what else can he do besides winning the Grand Slam and bowl 300 on TV? He has already won 2 majors, been both POY and ROY in his career, and won over $1 million in career earnings, what is next for TJ? I can't wait to see him on TV again this season!

His form (for a power player) is superb, he posts shots like if he was a stroker. Also, he seems to never beat himself mentally, his talent level at 30, as well as his list of accomplishments during his PBA stint as well as his days in the YABA and ABC levels, should be compared on the same levels of Roger Federer in tennis or even the great Tiger Woods in golf.
Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

#72295 - 12/06/08 11:00 PM Re: Your favorite PBA bowler [Re: BIGHMW]
Jay R. Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 21/M/Tacoma, WA
I can't pick between two.

1)Norm Duke. The man is a beast. He has a way of showing the right emotions at the right time and you've gotta like that about a pro these days. I'll go as far as to say he's the best bowler today, as far as I'm concerned.

2)Mike Machuga. If I heard correctly, Norm Duke is/was his mentor. He may not have many titles, but his physical game is something I would be very glad to have. I can't get over the fact that there's nothing about it that I wouldn't change for my own game. Very fluid, free swing, good release and balance. I try to model my approach after his to be honest. I'd heard the name before but when I first saw him bowl as the 5-seed in the Chameleon Championship, he was my pick all the way.

#72300 - 12/07/08 12:47 AM Re: Your favorite PBA bowler [Re: Jay R.]
txbowler Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 38/M/Texas
Difficult to pick just one. Over the past 6 months or so, I've been extremely fortunate to have met and bowled with several of the top exempt players. Chris Barnes lives not far away from me and I see him and Linda now and then. In August, I played with Nathan Bohr, Rhino Page, and Wes Malott. Last month, I met Norm Duke. Every one of them thus far were extremely nice - no big egos. Personally though, my style is similar to Walter Ray Williams, Jr. - although haven't had the opportunity to meet him yet. I'd probaby pick him as my favorite.

#72302 - 12/07/08 01:24 AM Re: Your favorite PBA bowler [Re: txbowler]
Stormin Norman Fan Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 42 / M / Independence, Mo
Well, as the name states, Norm Duke is my guy. His game is so versatile. He can throw the big hook with the best of them and can play it down and in as well, which he does more often than not. After that, I'd have to say Walter Ray Williams, primarily for the same reasons. He's just as versatile as Duke. Both of them are as accurate as they come.

I don't try to emulate anyone. Everyone has their own style. But, it's because of these two, that I've learned to make my game just as versatile as they do. I can swing it with the best of them, or play straight up the boards too, when necessary. Hand position is the biggest key, along with the ability to maintain that position all the way through your swing.

My all time favorite though, has to be Earl Anthony. He was the original Mr. Smooth. He made bowling look like a walk in the park. Parker Bohn III is the closest I've seen to date, that is as smooth as he was. They are arguably, two of the best lefties to ever play the game.

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying."

- Michael Jordan -

#72304 - 12/07/08 02:57 AM Re: Your favorite PBA bowler [Re: Stormin Norman Fan]
Upriser Offline
2 x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 34/male/australia/south austra...
although i dont get to see much bowling over here, Tommy Jones would be my favourite so far...man, i wish i could duplicate that style! also, i seen Ken Simard bowl the other day against Chris Barnes(another favourite) and liked what i saw there too. hopefully Ken backs it up with at least a couple more final appearences and goes on with it...
Storm Heat
Track Spare

#72321 - 12/07/08 01:28 PM Re: Your favorite PBA bowler [Re: Upriser]
Satyuros Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 19/m/Alberta Canada
Tommy jones is my favourite as well. For a great power player, he really doesn't show it in his style sometimes. That's why his style will probably meet the test of time and fair well, unlike people like Robert Smith who battle a lot of injuries. I also really love Norm duke, since I'm a small guy like him, haha, at Canadian team trials I was starting to be nick named Norm. He's really classy, and very versatile, and very mentally hardened. His world championship win was a true testament, being so ill through all of it. I also like Parker bohn, having met him in person for a clinic, I like Mike machuga as well. I like Jason Belmonte, haha, gotta love the aussie.
Storm T-road Pearl
Ebonite Maxim Blazing Fire
Hammer Black Widow Venom
Morich Seek and Destroy(old)

High Single: 300
High Series: 747
League Average: 209

#72435 - 12/09/08 08:50 AM Re: Your favorite PBA bowler [Re: Satyuros]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
I like PDW and Jeff Carter. I met PDW years ago and I liked him a lot. This past summer, I bowled in a Pro Am with Jeff Carter. What a class act. Signed any autographs for people that they wanted, talked to anyone who came up to him, and was generally a nice guy.

#72439 - 12/09/08 09:14 AM Re: Your favorite PBA bowler [Re: General Pounder]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
Its hard to pick just one, so I'll pick three wink .
I like PDW, Norm Duke, and although he is no longer touring Brian Voss. I met Duke and Voss, and always appreciated their game, and they are such genuinely nice guys. If I could emulate one guy it would be Weber. I think he has the perfect approach and release,...so smooth.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#72442 - 12/09/08 10:09 AM Re: Your favorite PBA bowler [Re: Tim Gerard]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
I wish I had the revs like Tommy Jones. But, I really like PBIII. His approach, timing and release are the smoothest.

When I grow up, I want to bowl like PBIII.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
After 8onths my centre has finally reopened
by looseleftie - 11/28/20 05:10 PM
No Post Available
by djp1080 - 11/28/20 01:37 PM
This is a damned shame
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:42 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.