BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#7178 - 12/29/05 05:22 AM another 900 series? c'mon now...
lorok Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 30/male/albuquerque
so, supposedly the kid who rolled the 900 a month or so ago has done it again, along with another non-sanctioned 900 practice series. which would bring his total to 4 900 series'. not only that, in the same house, some guy comes in from out of town to sub in a league and also rolls a 900 series. that's a total of 5 900 series' in 5 months all shot in the same house. and the usbc wants to crack down on ball manufacturers? who are you trying to fool?

on a side note, i certainly would love to bowl there... might break 270....

....average.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#7179 - 12/29/05 05:25 PM Re: another 900 series? c'mon now...
Future Pro Bowler Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 23/Male/Irvine
Whoa whoa a kid!!! omg 800 is ridiculous...talk about 900...what is going on...how can a kid shoot 900...either way I dont think ill get a 900 in my life...I think gettin 800 is harder than a perfect game. So wait what is your stance? do you think ball manufacturers are ruining the sport or do u still give credit to these guys who are shooting perfect three game series??

#7180 - 12/29/05 07:38 PM Re: another 900 series? c'mon now...
Jason Fewell Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 32/Male/Mckinney, Tx
Hmm, maybe a little blocking going on...? Seems like the sanctioning body would pick that up...800 is harder than 300...I know!

#7181 - 12/30/05 01:05 AM Re: another 900 series? c'mon now...
lorok Offline
Team USA Contender

future pro, i don't think it's the manufactures, i was insinuating that this was an easy house. the kid (he's 17 or something i think) who has done this just so happens to be the son of the owner of the lanes where this has happened. and no, i don't give credit to them for this. first off, the usbc hasn't recognized these scores yet. second, 5 of these within 5 months time when there has only been 8, ever, previous? no sir. i give all the credit to the great wall.

#7183 - 12/30/05 11:42 AM Re: another 900 series? c'mon now...
Just call me Al Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 63/M/ Long Island, NY - right ...
the great wall of china arises again! I've had scores thrown out because of oil patterns.
The current saying is nad has been for a while--
"you are as good as your lane man lets you be"

#7184 - 12/30/05 02:47 PM Re: another 900 series? c'mon now...
deuce2point0 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 25/M/Dallas Tx
That is a great saying Al

#7185 - 01/09/06 05:56 PM Re: another 900 series? c'mon now...
Putz Offline
Junior Coach

A/S/L: 37/M/Pa/Right handed/ med. rev...
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Originally posted by [censored-bu]:
Could be a blocked lane? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Maybe a stupid question , but whats a blocked lane?

#7186 - 01/09/06 06:15 PM Re: another 900 series? c'mon now...
lorok Offline
Team USA Contender

a blocked lane i believe refers to a lane with a solid block of oil down the middle with dry outside of the ten/30 board, creating a funnel effect with the ball, pushing or pulling it to the pocket. and, about the 900, the usbc has decided to not recognize this score for clerical reasons. which i think is a nice way of not shooting the kid down outright. personally, i think that if they or the kid cared about bowling, they would all be better off if they just flat out rejected it. the kid was doing pre-bowling for his league, by himself, at the lanes his father owns. that's pretty suspect.

#7187 - 01/10/06 10:43 AM Re: another 900 series? c'mon now...
bimmerman Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 55/M/Maryland
Unless you are bowling on a PBA or sport pattern, or something close to them, just about all house shots are blocked. The only difference (in the block) is the amount of oil in the middle of the pattern and how many boards are dry on the outside. They rejected the first on for the league not being sanctioned. Hopefully, they'll reject the second one as well.

There is also a proposed rule change, from the USBS Rules Committe, in the works that will not allow any pre-bowled honor score to be recognized. I really hope the the USBC Convention delegates won't be stupid enough to reject it.

Here's the link to the propsoed rule changes:

http://www.bowl.com/Downloads/pdf/USBC_2006IndexProposals.pdf

It's proposed rule LR-6

Colin

#7188 - 01/10/06 04:20 PM Re: another 900 series? c'mon now...
Just call me Al Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 63/M/ Long Island, NY - right ...
I have pre-bowled mostly in the summer. The condition of the pre-bowl has NEVER matched the league condition.
I have no problem in the USBC NOT recognizing a pre-bowled honor score.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by 82Boat69 - 07/05/20 10:18 PM
Ultimate Adjustable Thumb
by EdW - 07/05/20 08:43 PM
Plugging balance holes
by BOSStull - 07/03/20 04:35 PM
COVID-10 and center closings
by BOSStull - 06/27/20 09:00 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by Mkirchie - 06/24/20 02:10 PM
Quitting my League
by mmalsed - 06/22/20 12:42 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 06/20/20 05:06 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.