BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#71695 - 11/29/08 08:06 AM Re: New Video [Re: Jay R.]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
I would like to see you put a towel just past the foul line and lift the ball just over it with your fingers. The ball is coming off your hand a little too quick and should be on your fingers a bit longer, the towel drill should help.

I personally don't see a problem with your footwork. You have long arms in relation to your legs, so your swing will take longer than most which is why your feet don't need to be as quick going into the slide. If you count the pace of your foot work it goes 1..2..3..4..slide even paced the whole way, no slowing or speeding up except in the last shot for some reason you quickened into the slide a bit, you didn't make a good shot, so I would assume that it felt awkward and not right.

If you increase your revrate by doing the towel drill I described above and you then need to increase your ball speed you may need to start the ball a bit sooner to allow your feet to be able to build up speed and quicken into the slide and be in proper timing so your foot gets to the line just ahead of the ball, but increase the revrate first, speed with not enough revs is a recipe for low scores.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#71727 - 11/29/08 09:12 PM Re: New Video [Re: CoachJim]
Jay R. Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 21/M/Tacoma, WA
I'll see if I can't improve my footwork by playing with them tempo of certain steps. However, trying to make all my right foot steps short, particularly the one that I start my pushaway with is really awkward and makes it feel even more off than before. I can see why making my 4th step shorter could be good but I'm thinking all my others should be longer, more like regular walking steps.

As for the towel drill, I'll try it when I get the chance. Should the towel be folded one way and put that longer sides parallel with the foul line? I feel that unless the towel is only 3" past the foul line this will be very hard for me to achieve because I don't really know how to keep the ball longer.

#71733 - 11/29/08 11:09 PM Re: New Video [Re: Jay R.]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Quote:
As for the towel drill, I'll try it when I get the chance. Should the towel be folded one way and put that longer sides parallel with the foul line? I feel that unless the towel is only 3" past the foul line this will be very hard for me to achieve because I don't really know how to keep the ball longer.

A regular bowling towel laid lengthwise with the foul line will work fine. Bowling thumbless may help also, but use a lighter house ball so you don't hurt your wrist. Try to keep the weight of the ball on the base of your index finger, once you get the feel of it, use your regular ball and try to mimic the same feel you had bowling thumbless.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Plugging balance holes
by BOSStull - 03/27/20 07:27 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 03/27/20 07:20 PM
2020 Nationals
by Doogie - 03/20/20 10:30 AM
This is a damned shame
by 82Boat69 - 03/17/20 07:48 PM
Belmo and the 2020 US Open
by BOSStull - 03/17/20 07:45 PM
COVID-10 and center closings
by BOSStull - 03/17/20 07:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.