BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#71319 - 11/23/08 11:01 PM A fans' guide on how to irritate ESPN's Rob Stone
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
"FOUR-BAGGER! FOUR-BAGGER! FOUR-BAGGER!", etc.

Sorry Rob, no Hambone signs or fans this week, maybe next week.

I do have to admit that it is catching on, some of us in my league at All Star Lanes who watch the TV shows every week have even gotten into it.

I do admit that sometimes when I strike, I give the pins (not my opponents) the old PDW/D-Generation X-inspired "chop-shot" in sarcasm when finally getting a strike after struggling during a game or series.

Basically what I do whenever I lock up a game or match, I usually say my bowling trademark, "You can stick a fork in it (him), cause he's done", rather than ripping off something from the WWE like Pete Weber does. If your gonna be flamboyant, be original, like me, you don't have to steal somebody else's trademark like he does to be a hot shot.
Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#71335 - 11/24/08 09:43 AM Re: A fans' guide on how to irritate ESPN's Rob Stone [Re: BIGHMW]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
Yeh, it was kinda humorous to see that crowd tell Stone what they thought of his hambone references, yelling "four bagger" after a bowler struck four times in a row. You are right though it(hambone) grows on you after awhile.
I also thought the wolf howls for Wolfe were amusing as well.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#71337 - 11/24/08 10:07 AM Re: A fans' guide on how to irritate ESPN's Rob Stone [Re: Tim Gerard]
eastwest Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: No. VA
Hehe, last week there were so many "it's called a 4 bagger not a hambone!!!!" signs in the crowd :-o
------------
R.I.P. DC ABT Chapter >:-|
------------
My 6th-Round.com MMA news and opinion site

#71341 - 11/24/08 10:25 AM Re: A fans' guide on how to irritate ESPN's Rob Stone [Re: eastwest]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
I would bet a significant amount of money that Rob Stone is the opposite of irritated by this. He is having a blast calling the matches, and getting the fans to interact with him on a weekly basis is not a bad thing in his eyes (or mine), no matter how they do it.

I don't think I would call "Stick a fork in..." original really... it's been a saying that has been used across many activities for a very long time.

"be original, like me"... oxymoron?

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#71343 - 11/24/08 10:31 AM Re: A fans' guide on how to irritate ESPN's Rob Stone [Re: cgeorg]
Chubbs Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 30/M/Niceville, FL
Originally Posted By: cgeorg
I would bet a significant amount of money that Rob Stone is the opposite of irritated by this. He is having a blast calling the matches, and getting the fans to interact with him on a weekly basis is not a bad thing in his eyes (or mine), no matter how they do it. I don't think I would call "Stick a fork in..." original really... it's been a saying that has been used across many activities for a very long time.

"be original, like me"... oxymoron?

You beat me to it, well done.

This gig for Rob Stone beats the heck out of the other stuff he has to do for ESPN. Sideline reporting for MLS and third rate college football games? That's awesome. He's getting better by the week, so good on him.

Quintana...that creep can roll, man. -Dude

Wow, that ball hit like it was plastic. -Jeff Carter

#71373 - 11/24/08 02:41 PM Re: A fans' guide on how to irritate ESPN's Rob Stone [Re: Chubbs]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
I read Rob Stone's interview in Bowlers Journal a few months ago and he won me over, I thought he was trying to just make a name for himself and move on to something bigger, but he seems to really like bowling I applaud his enthusiasm.

#71405 - 11/24/08 06:11 PM Re: A fans' guide on how to irritate ESPN's Rob Stone [Re: CoachJim]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Rob Stone has made some huge steps this season as a bowling announcer. I forget what Randy asked him, but it was something kind of technical and Rob actually had a correct answer for it. He has also cut down on the hambones, I guess since he has learned more about the game.
HS:763

#71415 - 11/24/08 08:05 PM Re: A fans' guide on how to irritate ESPN's Rob Stone [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
I believe it was when Randy asked him what kind of move to make when you are leaving 10 pins. Rob actually had an answer,..he has done some homework. Good for him.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#71428 - 11/25/08 12:33 AM Re: A fans' guide on how to irritate ESPN's Rob Stone [Re: Tim Gerard]
Satyuros Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 19/m/Alberta Canada
Rob Stone and Randy Pedersen are both really great announcers for the PBA, with Rob Stone becoming very informative very quickly. He's young, so he keeps up with Randy's humour, and is trying to learn about the sport. Good for him, they make me laugh when i'm watching, I hope to see them stick around.
Storm T-road Pearl
Ebonite Maxim Blazing Fire
Hammer Black Widow Venom
Morich Seek and Destroy(old)

High Single: 300
High Series: 747
League Average: 209

#71465 - 11/25/08 08:08 PM Re: A fans' guide on how to irritate ESPN's Rob Stone [Re: BIGHMW]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
Originally Posted By: BIGHMW
[b
Sorry Rob, no Hambone signs or fans this week, maybe next week.

I found it very entertaining when Wolfe was up and people were howling in the crowd when he would start his approach. Also I thought the one sign where it says something like, he's Mike Wolfe not Tommy Jones. The story behind that was a bit entertaining as well.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Resurface is always a thrilling topic
by BOSStull - 10/04/19 06:17 PM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 11:01 AM
USBC Rule 12
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 10:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.