BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#71020 - 11/19/08 10:03 AM Any ball manufacturer you don't like.
30 Clean Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 58/M/Tampa, FL.
Ok, maybe this thread is a bad idea worried but with all the dicussions about "What ball should I/he/she get?" I was wondering if there's any ball manufacturer you would never buy from? My best friend is a 100% staunch Storm buyer and can't imagine ever buying from anyone else. While I prefer Hammer, I don't have any specific maker I would stay away from.

So, is there 1 (or more) ball makers you would never, ever consider buying from and why?

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#71023 - 11/19/08 10:14 AM Re: Any ball manufacturer you don't like. [Re: 30 Clean]
eastwest Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: No. VA
I'm open to any ball, if it'll perform well and hold up for a decent amount of time. That being said, I prefer Hammer, Storm, or Roto Grip.

A lot of people say Ebonite's brands wear out early. In my personal experience I can't say that's exactly true. Then again, I take good care of my equipment and clean after every series.

In the end, I don't see myself ever using Mo Rich. Pinel's a smart man, but I honestly cannot deal with the brand's total lack of attention to making somewhat decent aesthetics, heh.
------------
R.I.P. DC ABT Chapter >:-|
------------
My 6th-Round.com MMA news and opinion site

#71024 - 11/19/08 10:15 AM Re: Any ball manufacturer you don't like. [Re: 30 Clean]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
Ebonite on account of too many tales about their balls dying too fast. And I'm more and more away from Hammer because of the high maintanence required to keep their balls from dying. And somthing about throwing a Brunswick ball just gives me a weird vibe, but I still would like to trhow a couple of their balls.

I would like to try some of Visionary's and some Azo's bowling balls though as well as Lane Masters/Legends.

I prefer Roto-Grip and Columbia myself and hope to add Storm and LAne Masters to that list as well.

Edited by TheDemolitionMan (11/19/08 10:17 AM)
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#71026 - 11/19/08 10:16 AM Re: Any ball manufacturer you don't like. [Re: 30 Clean]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
I don't think that there is a ball manufacturer that I wouldn't buy from but I buy all Storm/Roto. I don't know enough about the other brands anymore to say that one is worse than others.

#71027 - 11/19/08 10:29 AM Re: Any ball manufacturer you don't like. [Re: General Pounder]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
I don't know about worst or best. I only know that you eventually find a line that fits you, and you will stay with it. I have tried many, and some have not worked out. So, I stay with what has worked the best, for me.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#71041 - 11/19/08 11:25 AM Re: Any ball manufacturer you don't like. [Re: Dennis Michael]
AmpleSound Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 34/M/CO
I'm a Roto-Grip and Legends/Lane Master fan. Pretty crazy that I've only had my Lane Master Sure Strike drilled for a few weeks. My Legends Black Pearl Reactive has been drilled for just over a week now. Like them so far! Started out with Roto-Grip and it's been a trustworthy companion. Just wish they didn't discontinue my two favorites...

I haven't really tested enough to find a manufacturer I don't like...

Edited by AmpleSound (11/19/08 11:48 AM)
Columbia Plastic - (Spares/Dry)

My best:
HGS - 300
HSS - 769

#71057 - 11/19/08 01:44 PM Re: Any ball manufacturer you don't like. [Re: AmpleSound]
Chubbs Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 30/M/Niceville, FL
Brunswick. Not that I think there is anything wrong with their products. I just haven't had much success with any of their stuff.

Edited by Chubbs (11/19/08 01:45 PM)

Quintana...that creep can roll, man. -Dude

Wow, that ball hit like it was plastic. -Jeff Carter

#71060 - 11/19/08 02:17 PM Re: Any ball manufacturer you don't like. [Re: Chubbs]
EddieK Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 52/M/USA
brunswick lost my business when they moved their manufacturing to mexico.

#71064 - 11/19/08 03:54 PM Re: Any ball manufacturer you don't like. [Re: EddieK]
Jay R. Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 21/M/Tacoma, WA
I don't see myself getting anymore Ebonite stuff, mostly because I had about 6 balls from them two years or so ago and only matched up well with one. Some of the rest were okay but they don't compare to other balls I've thrown. I think I can chalk it up to just not matching up with them, but the ball death thing has me a bit concerned too. Hammer is a brand I just don't seem to have an interest in, so I guess that's another brand you could bet on me not buying from.

I've tried a few Brunswick balls and they're okay but I don't think it's the best line for me. My Rival is my most recent Columbia ball and I like it, but I'm not particularly impressed with their line either. I haven't tried Storm yet so they're next. I'm hoping to match up well with them and to start getting equipment only from them.

#71065 - 11/19/08 04:13 PM Re: Any ball manufacturer you don't like. [Re: Jay R.]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
Originally Posted By: Amateur
I haven't tried Storm yet so they're next. I'm hoping to match up well with them and to start getting equipment only from them.

Another convert. Everything is going according to plan thumbsup

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by IronMike - 04/20/18 10:56 AM
I'm pizzed at my ball driller
by Dennis Michael - 04/14/18 04:37 PM
Better Polish
by W9JAB - 04/14/18 09:03 AM
Recommendations requested
by BOSStull - 04/14/18 08:34 AM
It can't come fast enough
by BOSStull - 04/14/18 08:21 AM
Original Gamebreaker
by BOSStull - 04/14/18 07:28 AM
Some awful lane conditions
by Jason_C - 04/09/18 07:08 AM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by champ - 04/07/18 08:39 PM
A question of degrees
by Fin09 - 04/06/18 01:28 PM
The final cut (Balls in the bag and their job)
by mmalsed - 04/04/18 12:09 PM
For the good of the sport?
by Dylan585 - 03/31/18 11:30 PM
12 pound ball?
by Jason_C - 03/30/18 12:02 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.