BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#70742 - 11/16/08 05:14 PM Mes Malott aka Big Nasty... your thoughts?
eastwest Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: No. VA
Alright, I've been debating on whether to say something or not for a while, but I've decided to get your thoughts on Wes.

Personally, I find him very hard to like. His attitude and body language on the lanes is negative-ish and gives off a "ah what the hell do I care?" vibe, in my opinion. Does anyone else see this?

p.s. - I have respect for all pros, and have never met Wes but I am just going off of having watched him many times in comparison to the rest of the guys.

Edited by eastwest (11/16/08 05:15 PM)
------------
R.I.P. DC ABT Chapter >:-|
------------
My 6th-Round.com MMA news and opinion site

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#70744 - 11/16/08 05:34 PM Re: Mes Malott aka Big Nasty... your thoughts? [Re: eastwest]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
What i heard he is real nice guy. Though on TV he not able to show his real side. I heard guys like Shafer and Devaney have a real comic side that you dont get to see on TV. So could just be atmosphere of TV that he cant show it.
BowlSk: Stats

#70746 - 11/16/08 05:49 PM Re: Mes Malott aka Big Nasty... your thoughts? [Re: Brandon510]
Stormin Norman Fan Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 42 / M / Independence, Mo
Take into account too, that while we bowl for fun, basically, this is their job and puts the roof over their heads and food on their table. So, they have to approach it a bit more seriously.

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying."

- Michael Jordan -

#70747 - 11/16/08 05:59 PM Re: Mes Malott aka Big Nasty... your thoughts? [Re: Stormin Norman Fan]
eastwest Offline
High Roller

Yeah I hear he's a nice guy, which is why his TV persona puzzles me a bit. I think we'll see Wes win one this season pretty soon.
------------
------------

#70750 - 11/16/08 06:52 PM Re: Mes Malott aka Big Nasty... your thoughts? [Re: eastwest]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
I feel that way about Patrick Allen, its just something about how he acts on TV. I've never really thought that way about Wes. I usually rout for who ever is facing Allen because of that. I don't have anything personally against him. Some people don't like Weber due to his antics. Like SNF said, this is their job, and he probably isn't as serious looking during the week as he is on TV.
HS:763

#70766 - 11/16/08 10:46 PM Re: Wes Malott aka Big Nasty... your thoughts? [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
I think Wes Malott and PA have that sort of body language and facial expressions because that is how they keep their concnetration. Like it was previously stated this is their job and they have to take it more seriously plus they have to appear on TV. All those things could rattle anyone. So by not showing expression or a vibe that they simply don't care is that their way of "Clearing the Mechanism" and staying focused. They kind of shut off part of themselves to to get in the groove and not let their emotions effect their gameplay. Plus that "I don't give a sh*t" vibe might also be an attempt to not overthink. By thinking the mind into not caring when you really do might be their ways of taking the game one frame at a time.

That would be my guess as to why they give off that impression. I mean I've never met them but it makes sense to me because I do something like that sometimes.

As for Wes, I'm don't particularly care for his herky-jerky approach. I'm more for the grace in motion and fluidity type of approaches, but it works for him and he is a pro and I'm not. So if the show fits wear it.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#70770 - 11/16/08 11:24 PM Re: Wes Malott aka Big Nasty... your thoughts? [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Confused Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 17/ M / NJ
I actually like Wes a lot since he shows that he can concentrate very well.
TV has a weird way of distorting many things.

I think Scroggins should be a separate debate too. Visually, he's not the greatest person to look at, but his attitude is very encouraging. He is never respected because of his appearance, but he still continues to bowl with a passion, which I think is the most important characteristic of a bowler.

High School
HG: 256
HS: 627

#70795 - 11/17/08 09:39 AM Re: Wes Malott aka Big Nasty... your thoughts? [Re: Confused]
Chubbs Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 30/M/Niceville, FL
Athletes in every sport take on a whole different persona when the lights come on and it's go time. Take football for example. Game day is all business, but in alot of teams at every level the last practice before a game is very light hearted and alot of fun.

I like watching Big Wes bowl because I'm no small cat (6'4" 230) either, and HE'S COMPLETELY SELF TAUGHT! I can't even fathom bowling at that level having figured out on my own. It's incredible.

Quintana...that creep can roll, man. -Dude

Wow, that ball hit like it was plastic. -Jeff Carter

#70799 - 11/17/08 10:11 AM Re: Wes Malott aka Big Nasty... your thoughts? [Re: Chubbs]
eastwest Offline
High Roller

Chubbs, like Wes and yourself, I'm also a big guy @ 6 foot 5 200+ lbs, and self-taught. So, on that level I can def. related to him.

I suppose y'all are right about him just giving off a different vibe on telecasts, since he's focusing so hard.
------------
------------

#70808 - 11/17/08 10:47 AM Re: Wes Malott aka Big Nasty... your thoughts? [Re: eastwest]
Mkirchie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 39/M/New Jersey
It's really interesting to hear how the opinions about the bowlers differ. I've really had no problem with Malott myself. Now, Chris Loschetter is a bowler who I find to have a very sour attitude when he is bowling. As said before, it's just probably because it's his job and he's serious, but I just can't bring myself to pull for him.

Slighty off topic, and I'm surprised that no one has said anything about it yet, but did anyone else hear the f-bomb from Rash after he left and converted the washout? It was pretty loud, I'm surprised that it got through.

Mark

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Quitting my League
by Mkirchie - 08/09/20 03:49 PM
This is a damned shame
by Mkirchie - 08/08/20 04:33 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by Mkirchie - 07/18/20 08:37 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.