BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#70278 - 11/07/08 02:35 AM Need Tips to Fix my Approach/First Post
FleetRock Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 20/M/Daly City, CA
Whats up everyone. I just wanted to get some criticism and tips on fixing my approach and ways to increase my ball speed. I've been bowling seriously since August of this year. In this video I'm using a total inferno. I'm using a target zone for my spare ball, and I want to gets some tips on how to get it straighter, because it curves a bit, thus the missed spare at 8:23. Thanks in advance.

Practice 11/6/08

Edited by FleetRock (11/07/08 02:41 AM)

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#70284 - 11/07/08 07:37 AM Re: Need Tips to Fix my Approach/First Post [Re: FleetRock]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
Your swing plane looks very nice and straight. Your release looks pretty nice too. It looks like you control the armswing on some balls, which usually ends up with a pull, and it also looks like you start the ball more in front of your body sometimes, instead of in line with your shoulder, which tends to lead to a pull. I think the biggest thing I'd like to see is more knee bend. At the release point, you start to go into a nice slide, then straighten your leg and lean your chest over. You want your upper body to stay more upright, with a good knee bend and your butt low. Think sitting in a chair. Or, if you have ever done the exercise where you sit against a wall with no chair. That kind of "getting the hips low" in your slide should give you better balance and more leverage at the line.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#70292 - 11/07/08 08:48 AM Re: Need Tips to Fix my Approach/First Post [Re: cgeorg]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
You need to straighten your body to face your target. Often, you turn it and sometimes fall off at the slide. When you turn, your arm comes across and you miss your target.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#70297 - 11/07/08 09:32 AM Re: Need Tips to Fix my Approach/First Post [Re: Dennis Michael]
bryhardt Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: 35/M/St. Louis
You have a lot going for you. I agree with the other posters, your finishing position needs a little tweaking to get more power. You have a great hand position at the top of the swing, but its lost at release.

What I would work on first with you is the position of your left leg/foot. The recent article I have posted addresses some of these things. There are a couple photos to help illustrate. In a nutshell try turning the left foot so the toe is leading the swing of the leg at release, and then bend the knee of your left leg. This will automatically cause more knee bend of your right leg at your release.

#70306 - 11/07/08 12:27 PM Re: Need Tips to Fix my Approach/First Post [Re: bryhardt]
FleetRock Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 20/M/Daly City, CA
thanks for all the advice and tips. I'll try to fix the knee bend, and keeping my body straighter to my target, and thanks for the article bryhardt. Keep the advice coming.

#70307 - 11/07/08 12:45 PM Re: Need Tips to Fix my Approach/First Post [Re: FleetRock]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
It looks to me like you just need to practice more, because you seem very awkward and uncoordinated like you are just learning a 4 step delivery. Give yourself a chance to get comfortable, letting the ball swing your arm will help prevent the ball from getting ahead of your feet.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
No Post Available
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 12:46 PM
This is a damned shame
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:42 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.