BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#70257 - 11/06/08 11:19 PM Re: Newbie Questions [Re: Columbee]
Rack Wrecker Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 19/M/Cleveland, Ohio
I have also been wanting to get some video feedback but don't currently have the materials to do so. Soon though. I have heard several people say that such personal critique as well as visual aid for those out there who are more experienced than ourselves. I also want to say that I hope my advice does help. They are mostly tips I've been given and read myself. I've done a great deal of reading and research so I can only hope it helps. I may not be the best bowler out there but I try and I suppose though we want to be the best possible, trying as hard as possible is all we can do. Good luck! thumbsup

I'm an English major, "if my doctor told me I had only 6 minutes to live I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster."

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#70259 - 11/06/08 11:45 PM Re: Newbie Questions [Re: Rack Wrecker]
Columbee Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 35 / Male / Singapore
I am considering to get a new ball after i realised that my PowerDrive is too heavy for me. Either Avalanche Solid or Lanemaster Terminator Rebellion is my option. But what i am concerning of is the drilling part.
1. What information should i give to the driller ?
2. After reading so many articles on PAP, MBs, Pin Up, Pin Down, i am not sure which drill pattern will suits me or the ball best. I am a lefty. The price of a bowling ball is pretty steep compared to the states. And i dont have an option for test ball as well.
Lanemaster - Terminator Rebellion
HG: 266
HS: 652
Avg : 190

#70263 - 11/07/08 12:02 AM Re: Newbie Questions [Re: Columbee]
Rack Wrecker Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 19/M/Cleveland, Ohio
To be honest I don't know all the technical terms when it comes to drilling. You may have more information about that than I do anyway. But I have dealt with Pro Shop drilling enough to know at least this: One of the biggest questions that you as the bowler need to answer and then tell the driller is: What are you looking for the ball to do reaction wise?

-Do you want it drilled for length?
-Do you want it drilled to rev up earlier?
-To have a stronger backend?
-To hook less overall?
-More of a continuous backend reaction or a skid/flip?

In general, what do you want the ball to do once it leaves your hand and is at the mercy of the lane, so to speak?

I'm an English major, "if my doctor told me I had only 6 minutes to live I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster."

#70302 - 11/07/08 11:16 AM Re: Newbie Questions [Re: Rack Wrecker]
Columbee Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 35 / Male / Singapore

This is the PowerDrive2 Sanded which i was talking about. Any advise on this drill layout ? Oh yes, my thumbhole was offset.
Lanemaster - Terminator Rebellion
HG: 266
HS: 652
Avg : 190

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Informal poll
by 82Boat69 - Today at 10:11 AM
Hype Versus Reality
by Dennis Michael - Today at 08:50 AM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 10:29 PM
Made it.
by RGR - 02/18/18 07:56 AM
Ball choice and strategy for Wolf pattern
by champ - 02/17/18 10:15 PM
My Senior League wants to change Houses
by BOSStull - 02/17/18 05:21 AM
tennis elbow
by BOSStull - 02/17/18 03:58 AM
12 pound ball?
by W9JAB - 02/15/18 02:52 PM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 02/11/18 07:19 AM
Brunswick "The Grizz" Vintage Urethane ball
by nord - 02/11/18 04:20 AM
Hammer Purple Pearl Urethane
by nord - 02/10/18 03:24 PM
Honor Scores Not Received By USBC
by Mkirchie - 02/10/18 10:54 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.