BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#70038 - 11/03/08 09:20 PM Well...
SilentTuba Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 25/M/NJ
I started bowling again this year after a layoff of several years, found this website, and have been using the knowledge I've learned here to help improve my game, and have brought my average up to a 135 and climbing.

Tonight. I felt I was in trouble from the start in league. There was a bit more oil on the lanes than the past few weeks, and my ball simply wasn't getting far enough in. So, I adjusted, and moved outside a bit. At the end of the first game, I started to click a bit, and turned what was starting out as a mediocre game into a good one for me...160.

Then, I clicked in the second game. Buried the first three for a strike. Fourth frame, I pulled the ball, and picked up only 3 pins. What was different was, rather than get all knocked off of form, I told myself that I know what to do, and got back on track. Picked up the spare with ease. Picked up the next 2 strikes. The finished strong, making nearly all my spares (only miss was a split in the 8th), and ended the game with a 205, for my first ever 200 game. I'm very proud of this accomplishment, as this was the main goal I set for myself this season. It also feels good to know I saw a difference in the lanes, and adjusted to find something that worked for me, and didn't fall to pieces when I made an error (I did struggle in the third game, coming down from an adrenaline rush, and missed a 500 series by 5 pins. Oh well, next time).

I know that for most people on here, a 205 is nothing to write home about. But for me, this was a goal I've been reaching for but narrowly missing for years, and to finally get there feels great. I can move beyond that now to bigger and better goals.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and support, it has paid off!!!

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#70040 - 11/03/08 09:46 PM Re: Well... [Re: SilentTuba]
Smooth23 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 23/M/Jackson, MI
Congrats on the 200. I'm still working on my first 600 series, wrist problems are killing me and I keep ending up with two good games then a poor one once the pain kicks in.

#70051 - 11/04/08 07:26 AM Re: Well... [Re: ]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
Tuba, way to go!
Smooth, sounds like a bad fit, or trying too hard.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#70056 - 11/04/08 07:45 AM Re: Well... [Re: cgeorg]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
Nice going SilentTuba. Now that you have broken the ice so to speak, I'm sure more are to come.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#70057 - 11/04/08 07:50 AM Re: Well... [Re: Tim Gerard]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Nice going Tuba. Hope it's the first of many.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#70059 - 11/04/08 09:16 AM Re: Well... [Re: Dennis Michael]
Chubbs Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 30/M/Niceville, FL
Well done! Next time you get on a roll, you can smile and think to yourself, "I've been here before." You'll be better able to mentally handle prosperity the more familiar you get with it.

Quintana...that creep can roll, man. -Dude

Wow, that ball hit like it was plastic. -Jeff Carter

#70061 - 11/04/08 09:43 AM Re: Well... [Re: Chubbs]
30 Clean Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 58/M/Tampa, FL.
Way to go, SilentTuba. Now that you've done it once, you know you can do it again and as Chubbs said, you'll be prepared for it mentally. Won't be long before the 500s will be normal and 600s will be a common occurrence. smile

#70062 - 11/04/08 09:49 AM Re: Well... [Re: 30 Clean]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
Congrats SiletTuba. Keep it going.

#70066 - 11/04/08 10:27 AM Re: Well... [Re: General Pounder]
AmpleSound Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 34/M/CO
Great bowling SilentTuba! Anytime I bowl a 200 I'm proud of it. Though I'll kick myself if I could have had a higher 200. I never broke a 200 with conventional bowling, it wasn't until I picked up a reactive resin bowling ball that I was able to break the barrier. Which I've done nothing but improve since. Enjoy it, and enjoy each and every accomplishment! It makes the frustrating times easier to take. smile
Columbia Plastic - (Spares/Dry)

My best:
HGS - 300
HSS - 769

#70120 - 11/04/08 06:06 PM Re: Well... [Re: AmpleSound]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Good going SilentTuba, especially just shrugging off the pulled shot in the fourth frame and getting back on track. That's the mental part we are always talking about and you seemed get it together that game.
HS:763

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by Mkirchie - 09/23/20 09:16 PM
Bowled a few games at South Point in Las Vegas
by goobee - 09/03/20 04:38 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.